Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Meatloaf?

Options
2»

Comments

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    I love a fried meatloaf sandwich 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,646
    Options
    Legume said:
    I like the simple recipes.  Meat loaf should be a simple comfort food.  Some if these exotics sound amazing, but are exhausting even to read.
    I can’t believe I’m seeing meatloaf served without mashed potatoes.
    And green beans

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    shtgunal3 said:
    Legume said:
    I like the simple recipes.  Meat loaf should be a simple comfort food.  Some if these exotics sound amazing, but are exhausting even to read.
    And green beans
    Or corn for me. Thanks 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,607
    Options
    shtgunal3 said:
    Legume said:
    And green beans
    Or corn for me. Thanks 
    Broccoli here.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,035
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Terrible photo, but made @billyray 's recipe w/mashed potatoes. Thumbs up from the fam.  Also made @NecessaryIndulg 's mac&cheese.

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • FATC1TY
    FATC1TY Posts: 888
    Options
    We regularly make one and always on the egg. 

Grab a foil pan, toss in a 1.25-1.5 pound of 80/20 beef, and usually we add 1 pound of pork, sometimes basic, sometimes ground iberico pork. 

Panko, around 1/2 cup, ketchup, mustard, bbq sauce, 1 egg, half a packet of Lipton onion soup mix, Maggie seasoning, worcheshire sauce, onion and garlic powder , salt and pepper and a favorite basic bbq seasoning. Feeling frisky- add some chopped onion, perhaps a bell pepper. 

The wets are mostly moderate amounts, solid squeeze of all of them, heavier on the bbq sauce, dashes to taste if the rest. You want it to hold and nothing you don’t like overpower it. I have never measured. It all goes into the foil pan, no mess to deal, one pan mixing and cooking. 

Loaf it up, hickory, 350 in the egg, hit the 135- sauce the top , half ketchup, half bbq sauce. Finish to 165… 

it’s glorious and easy. So tender, juicy and full of flavor. 
    -FATC1TY
    Grillin' and Brewing in Atlanta
    LBGE
    MiniMax
  • Ike
    Ike Posts: 291
    Options
    shtgunal3 said:
    Legume said:
    And green beans
    or peas in a cloud
    Owensboro, KY.  First Eggin' 4/12/08.  Large, small, 22" Blackstone and lotsa goodies.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,740
    edited January 2022
    Options
    old school deli style....pbucket pics to prove it

DSC_0724jpg

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • wps456
    wps456 Posts: 82
    Options
    Is a muffin really a loaf though?. I mean, it looks amazing, but semantics is important.
    "Meat muffin" just doesn't sound right rolling off the tongue
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,607
    Options
    wps456 said:
    Is a muffin really a loaf though?. I mean, it looks amazing, but semantics is important.
    "Meat muffin" just doesn't sound right rolling off the tongue
    What if you as ‘cheese stuffed’ as a descriptor?  Does that help?
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    Looks perfect. Meatloaf is one of my favorites off the egg. Even better the next day on a sandwich. Don’t be afraid to cook the loaf directly on the crate with a drip pan under it. 
    Snellville, GA

• Philly35
    Philly35 Posts: 858
    Options
    Wife made meatloaf last night. I can’t taste or smell a thing so yeah. Oh and my favorite beer taste like tonic water. Kind of depressing. 
    NW IOWA
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,512
    Options
    old school deli style....pbucket pics to prove it

DSC_0724jpg

Gotta love pbucket, still threatening to delete my photos 🤣
    canuckland
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    Philly35 said:
    Wife made meatloaf last night. I can’t taste or smell a thing so yeah. Oh and my favorite beer taste like tonic water. Kind of depressing. 
    Good luck… Hopefully everything will be back to normal soon.  My brother has been in your situation for over a month now.  Another friend recovered within days.  

Options
    RRP said:
    Here's one of mine. I use a wire mesh meat loaf basket which allows 360º smoke plus the grease to escape. Pretty tasty!

That is a thing of beauty. I would love for a sliced pic :)
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,756
    edited January 2022
    Options
    This was probably the last meatloaf I did, may have to do it again …bacon wrapped stuffed with Mac and Cheese 

I even used the Green Ceramic BBQ thingy 

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    Options
    All the cooks above looks great.  I must admit that I have never had a meatloaf sandwich with leftovers.  What is that about?  Just slap it between slices of bread?  Or is it like a burger?

It just never sounded good to me.  It would look like a burger but not taste like a burger, which would be disappointing.
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)
  • fishlessman
    Options
    EggNorth said:
    All the cooks above looks great.  I must admit that I have never had a meatloaf sandwich with leftovers.  What is that about?  Just slap it between slices of bread?  Or is it like a burger?

It just never sounded good to me.  It would look like a burger but not taste like a burger, which would be disappointing.

cold meatloaf with ketchup on white bread, i make meatloaf flat in a sheet pan about 3/4 inch thick at most, slice into sandwich sized "brownies" to fit the sandwich. more browned area when cooked flat, helps hold things together better. i make a deli sliced meatloaf for sandwiches as well, sliced 1/8 inch thick with a meat slicer. the butchers here do the deli slice
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    Options
    cut like brownies

fukahwee maine

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,756
    Options
    ^^^^agree^^^^
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,466
    Options
    It's probably still too soon, but you guys keep bouncing this damn thread up.

:tongue:  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.