Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My knock off of "Gebby Burgers"

RRP
RRP Posts: 25,880
My picture as proof didn't save for some reason, but ya just got to believe me! Try these fat burgers some time!

There's a local family restaurant in town named Gebby's. It's a homey place with a quirk in that it only operates one shift per day for just 8 hours! It opens at 6:00 AM and closes at 2:00 PM. Something I love from there is called their signature Gebby Burger. I finally decided this isn't rocket science and I'm now duplicating them at home on my BGE.

1 Starting with a 1/3# patty I wet it with Worcestershire,
2 Then sprinkle on Dizzy Pig's Cow Lick Steak Rub and some garlic salt.
3 Egg for 4/4/2 at 400°
4 During the last 2 minutes I add a stack of cheeses consisting of 1 slice each of American, Swiss and hot pepper.
5 Top with grilled onions and dill pickle slices and right on to a hamburger bun.
6 Trust me - This is one yummy sandwich!!! That blend of cheeses may sound quirky but it works!
7 Hail to the Gebby Burger!!!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    What, no pics . . . don't you know the unofficial rules?  =)
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Agree with @loco_engr. Make with the pics, Ron. Sounds like a great meal. 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Pics be damned, that does sound like a delicious burg.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    Let’s not give Ron a hard time about pics. I’m sure there are plenty out there if you know where to look

:wink:

• Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    is this around Peoria< IL ??
  • QDude
    QDude Posts: 1,052
    You know the rules about pics Ron!  Going to give it a try though!

Northern Colorado Egghead since 2012.

XL BGE and a KBQ.

• stv8r
    stv8r Posts: 1,127
    Sounds good but pics would be twice as nice!
  • RRP
    OK, boys...please give this old man a break! If you want a picture of something then look at this one of the damage I had today when a s/o/b 2 cars up from me in our lane #3 decided rather than to merge with the moving traffic in the other 2 lanes came to a FULL stop!!! causing the car ahead of me to slam on his brakes and of course I plowed into him! At least none of us were injured!!!

This is another way of saying "How to p*ss away $500 (my deductible) in one easy second!" And BTW this picture was taken in my driveway - the accident site itself was bone dry!

• Never figured you for a tailgater. Hope everyone was ok!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• RRP said:
    OK, boys...please give this old man a break! If you want a picture of something then look at this one of the damage I had today when a s/o/b 2 cars up from me in our lane #3 decided rather than to merge with the moving traffic in the other 2 lanes came to a FULL stop!!! causing the car ahead of me to slam on his brakes and of course I plowed into him! At least none of us were injured!!!

This is another way of saying "How to p*ss away $500 (my deductible) in one easy second!" And BTW this picture was taken in my driveway - the accident site itself was bone dry!

Yikes Ron sorry about the crash.  Never fun to be involved in one of those.  At least you were able to drive away.

Curious about your license plate - does the 1001 signify something?  Like October 1st?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Burger sounds great!!  Oh man, I would not be happy in a smash up like you were in.  Sorry to see it.  Glad you're not injured!
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    RRP said:

Glad you are ok, luckily you were not in the Merc.  I have never been to Gebby's but gonna have to give these burgers a try.  Thank you for sharing.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • RRP

Curious about your license plate - does the 1001 signify something?  Like October 1st?
    No - it was a stupid artsy fartsy thing I did years ago with that number by cutting two round dots out of black electrical tape and then stuck them on the 0's to resemble eyes looking down. Then for a while IL had a crack down on any plate modifications so I took them off.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,162
    @RRP - Glad you were uninjured and able to drive home.  You are so right about those type dumb-$h!t moves and the pain to recover from the stupidity.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Yno
    Yno Posts: 529
    Dumb $h!t drivers should lose their licenses for the accidents they cause to others. I was coming home from work one day on a crowded freeway in my F250. Traffic kept going from 35 mph to zero and back. I was at a full stop when I was hit from behind by some twit on her phone, in a Tacoma pickup. That pushed me into the guy in front. Cops said she was probably doing 35 and there were no brake skid marks. The poor guy in front was in a rental as his car was in the shop - for being rear ended! I ended up with body damage front and rear. The Tacoma had its engine pushed into the cab and was totaled, and the twit went to the hospital. No injuries to me of the guy in front of me.

Sorry for hijacking your thread. Glad you are okay.
    XL BGE in San Jose, CA. Also a Pit Barrel Cooker, a Cal Flame P4 gasser, and lots of toys including the first ever Flame Boss 300 in the wild. And a new Flame Boss 500.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    That sucks, defensive driving wouldn’t have helped you at all in that situation @Yno.  Bay Area traffic resembles the aggressiveness of LA freeways more and more every year.
  • QDude
    QDude Posts: 1,052
    Bummer Ron!  Glad you are OK.  You might want to do the math on exploring if a $1,000 deductible would pay off in the long run.

Northern Colorado Egghead since 2012.

XL BGE and a KBQ.

• RRP
    QDude said:
    Bummer Ron!  Glad you are OK.  You might want to do the math on exploring if a $1,000 deductible would pay off in the long run.
    Thanks - actually I was already thinking along that line before this accident. I've been with Allstate for 56 years now and they claim I have every conceivable  discount and been grandfathered in on many company policy changes. Even though I have only had 3 rather minor claims in 56 years, plus a GREAT driving record I'm just afraid with my age and now this accident they will nail me at my next expiration come June.
  • RRP said:
    OK, boys...

A true eggthusiast.... sacrifices his car to make an incredible smash burger...   I'm a little in awe... I don't feel ill try to replicate the recipe though. 

All teasing aside.  Good to know no injuries! 
  • RRP
    Already have the estimate back from Allstate...$2,699.82
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,722
    What's amazing is you have posted about these burgers like 9 times and never once managed to produce a pic.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • RRP
    What's amazing is you have posted about these burgers like 9 times and never once managed to produce a pic.
    I will right that wrong soon. OK? Meanwhile picture a hamburger with cheeses on it. That work?
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,657
    unless you have accident forgiveness, and ive never looked at the fine print on that with allstate, well i hope they dont increase your year to year payments. allstate jumped me from 1100 per year to 5500 per year when i crashed the hummer.
    .... and i had two vehicles on the policy at 1100 bucks.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Corv
    Corv Posts: 359
    Life gets complicated, doesn't it? Sorry to hear of the accident.
    My insurance is with Auto-Owner's Insurance, and over the last several years I've had a number of claims due to weather or similar external conditions. They have been fantastic in every case. Plus they are easy to work with and respond rapidly. Might be worth checking out.
    I'm a satisfied customer.
    Somewhere on the Colorado Front Range
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,162
    RRP said:
    @RRP - Given auto body work these days that sounds like a very reasonable estimate.  My two sons did respective fender benders to a Toyota Corolla in '09 and '13. In each case the car was drivable and never popped an air bag.  Both were above your estimate.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    lousubcap said:
    RRP said:
    @RRP - Given auto body work these days that sounds like a very reasonable estimate.  My two sons did respective fender benders to a Toyota Corolla in '09 and '13. In each case the car was drivable and never popped an air bag.  Both were above your estimate.  
    I had the exact reaction based upon the photos and personal experiences. Seemed light compared to what I expected. Hopefully the parts are all available. 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,657
    lousubcap said:
    RRP said:

i have a strong dislike for allstate.  this is from my preferred repair center.  they dont pony up

Allstate, Ameriprise & Nationwide: Due to certain circumstances, we are currently unable to accept Allstate, Ameriprise & Nationwide Claims.  We apologize for this inconvenience.

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • @RRP so happy that you weren't injured!  Hopefully your vehicle will be repaired quickly.  

As for the burgers, they sound pretty good, but you're right... that combo of cheeses does sound "quirky".

@fishlessman - good to know about what your repair center said about those insurance companies.  
    Curry County, OR
    LBGE
  • Sweet100s
    Sweet100s Posts: 553
    RRP Very glad to see the metal protected you. 
    Warm wishes to you from Texas.