Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Salsa, Thanks to Cen Tex Smoker!

smbishop
smbishop Posts: 3,053
edited January 2022 in EggHead Forum
I use the first recipe in this post often:  https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1223890/centex-s-salsa-vault-post-yours-here-too-if-ya-want/p1  @The Cen-Tex Smoker

While many may disagree, my soon to be named 5 star Micheline kitchen believes it is all in the cilantro.  Soak and rinse 3 times, using a salad spinner, then seperate the leaves from the stems.  The rest is heaven!

Meanwhile, I made some wings:

Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.

Comments

• Looks amazing! I opened my last can of home made last night.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• smbishop
    Looks amazing! I opened my last can of home made last night.
    Home made, is so good!
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • Elijah
    Elijah Posts: 679
    Did you process it at all in the jars?
  • smbishop
    Elijah said:
    Did you process it at all in the jars?
    In a food processesor, then into the jars...
  • GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,676
    Your salsa looks good. I've been following the Cen Tex recipe/method for a while now. I've had better results using the Flora brand San Marzano tomatoes rather than the Cento brand. The Flora tomatoes have a better texture.
    I do like your Cilantro prep method, I will definitely give try next time.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    If you are into homemade salsas then you need to give the above listed link a solid look.  There are incredible recipes in there that should take care of any flavour profiles you desire.  It is a salsa gold mine.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Salsa and wings look fantastic! Nice work.
    Stillwater, MN
  • smbishop
    GregW said:
    Your salsa looks good. I've been following the Cen Tex recipe/method for a while now. I've had better results using the Flora brand San Marzano tomatoes rather than the Cento brand. The Flora tomatoes have a better texture.
    Thanks, I will lokk for the Flora brand!
  • smbishop
    lousubcap said:
    If you are into homemade salsas then you need to give the above listed link a solid look.  There are incredible recipes in there that should take care of any flavour profiles you desire.  It is a salsa gold mine.  
    This has been on my to-do list since the original post!  Agree...
  • GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,676
    edited January 2022
    smbishop said:
    GregW said:
    Thanks, I will lokk for the Flora brand!
    I get the Flora brand at Publix in Alabama. The Flora brand seems to be processed at temperature and time that helps with the texture. When I tried the Cento brand they disintegrated totally on the first couple of pulses in the food processor. This could just be the Cento can I had, it may not reflect the brand.