Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How long have you worked at your current job?

Options
124»

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,757
    Options
    some people leave in handcuffs
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,427
    Options
    Had that happen more than once, my rule to the officers is take one leave one
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,765
    Options
    Mickey said:
    Sold new Toyota's for $1200. Corolla / $1100. Highlux (Tacoma) in 1968.
    Stayed 25 years there and left for a year. 
    Went back and stayed another 21 years same dealership and retired with 46years there.
    Used all the pens i had stolen over the years as retirement . 
    LoL
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Well for my brother in law it ended Monday. The old “we are reorganizing and your position no longer exists “ . Not unexpected, he is in his late 50’s and last year caught Covid and needed a stent. Not bad their preschool is doing well so long as BBB doesn’t try to micromanage it.
  • ValleyGirl
    Options
    Retired July, 2016, moved to the Ottawa Valley August 2016.  Before that  5 years in a family owned butcher shop in Etobicoke, Ontario.  Learned how to cut meat and everything that goes with that, also ran the front of the store.  It was a great learning experience. Before that worked in an Italian import food specialty shop.
    Is the butcher shop still around? Our youngest's family lives in FordNation.
    Sorry, just saw your ?  The Steak Master, 3883 Bloor St. West, Etobicoke.  The meat is top of the line and the owners son (cordon bleu chef) works there and prepares the take out.  My oldest son still shops there.  By the way the sausages are awesome!
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Had that happen more than once, my rule to the officers is take one leave one
    The county jail booking area is a good place to shop for cuffs. Officers tend to leave them there. I used to carry pink cuffs for easy identification until we had a “no fun” policy implemented. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Philly35
    Philly35 Posts: 858
    edited December 2021
    Options
    6 years going on 7. Love it for the most part but the 500 hours of overtime a year is getting old. Was 300, then 350 etc. We keep getting busier and the hours keep going up. Less fishing time and less time with the family and I don’t like that.  
    NW IOWA
  • Kostr536
    Options
    ryantt said:
    I was changing every few years for a long time right out of school, then I settled into a large hospital system for the last 14yrs.   Woke up one day at the beginning of October and decided time to go. 

You  know when it’s time to move on, this time it wasn’t about money, vacation time or any of the other million reasons people leave…it was about getting back to doing the work that makes a difference.  
    What line of work did you leave for? 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,086
    Options

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS