Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My Egg gets a new home...

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,428
    Nice!

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• “Private Joker…he’s got guts and guts is enough.”
    XL BGE, Large BGE, Small BGE, Weber Summit NG                                                                                               
    Memphis  
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    Love the amount of workspace you have. I never seem to have enough 
  • gmanrva
    gmanrva Posts: 424
    Looks great
    LGE Mechanicsville Va, XLGE Wake Va., LGE Duck NC.
    Formely Gman2 before password debacle 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Sweet
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    love the pavers
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • very cool
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • What is the top sandstone? Looks good
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,716
    Very nice!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket and various Weber's
    Floyd Va

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,167
    Great setup right there.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • What is the top sandstone? Looks good
    I am not sure.  The installer threw them in for my project.  I had no idea what they were going to be until installation day. (I had just assumed to do granite at a later time)  However I am very pleased with the tops.
  • Great looking table!  I am a big fan of natural looking stone vs granite and think it looks great.  I have bluestone, probably also less practical than granite but in my opinion a nicer look.  

I was trying to figure out how that paver above the fridge is being supported. I guess there is some structure in addition to the pavers? 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    TheBreeze said:
    Great looking table!  I am a big fan of natural looking stone vs granite and think it looks great.  I have bluestone, probably also less practical than granite but in my opinion a nicer look.  

I was trying to figure out how that paver above the fridge is being supported. I guess there is some structure in addition to the pavers? 
    Usually steel bar stock.

edited December 2021
    TheBreeze said:
    Great looking table!  I am a big fan of natural looking stone vs granite and think it looks great.  I have bluestone, probably also less practical than granite but in my opinion a nicer look.  

Usually steel bar stock.

Well actually, flat bar stock, not bar stock.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • nolaegghead
    TheBreeze said:

Usually steel bar stock.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bar_stock

edited December 2021
    TheBreeze said:

Usually steel bar stock.

ive had a customer ask for solid pipe, guy had a phd and we were building a giant diamond grow chamber. so its solid pipe
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    edited December 2021
    TheBreeze said:

Usually steel bar stock.

ive had a customer ask for solid pipe, guy had a phd and we were building a giant diamond grow chamber. so its solid pipe
    If you pay the bill, you can call it what you want :)

I worked in a machine shop for 4 years that built equipment for multiple labs at a University.  The drawings and descriptions the professors would provide were always entertaining.  Usually, we ended up asking them their intended goal and then we would design and build it.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,665
    TheBreeze said:

Usually steel bar stock.

I worked in a machine shop for 4 years that built equipment for multiple labs at a University.  The drawings and descriptions the professors would provide were always entertaining.  Usually, we ended up asking them their intended goal and then we would design and build it.

i built a redesigned wheel for a company here that was not going to work. for a 100k we built it and he documented it not working and presented it to his boss and whoever ran the govt grant. he designed a track system with no drive unit so the belt was always loose, roll over a tooth pick and the belt jammed up.
    fukahwee maine

• nolaegghead
    TheBreeze said:

Usually steel bar stock.

Man, he was wrong.  Everyone knows it's actually "solid tubing" because it is an OD measurement.  How do you get an ID on solid pipe?!

TheBreeze said:

Usually steel bar stock.

i built a redesigned wheel for a company here that was not going to work. for a 100k we built it and he documented it not working and presented it to his boss and whoever ran the govt grant. he designed a track system with no drive unit so the belt was always loose, roll over a tooth pick and the belt jammed up.
    And Government provides 2x the grant money to fix it, because they already started down that path.

I require all my designers to go to the shop and get feedback from the machinists.  I guarantee they have already built something similar and will save us a bunch of time, money, and headaches.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,665
    TheBreeze said:

Usually steel bar stock.

Man, he was wrong.  Everyone knows it's actually "solid tubing" because it is an OD measurement.  How do you get an ID on solid pipe?!

but he had a phd and science on his side, dont be such a flat earther. oh, and money
    fukahwee maine

• nolaegghead
    10 Bizarre And Horrifying Sex Patents NSFW
    10 Bizarre And Horrifying Sex Patents NSFW

wouldnt it be easier to build a big wheel, a rod that pivots and a.......
    fukahwee maine

• Pook
    Pook Posts: 43
    Very nice! I love the shake shingles but they do make me a little nervous so close to the egg. Still, beautiful setup you have there.
  • TheBreeze said:

Flat bar underneath it.

• Pook said:
    Very nice! I love the shake shingles but they do make me a little nervous so close to the egg. Still, beautiful setup you have there.
    Thanks.  I hate the cedar shingles..  However there is plenty of room from the grill to the shakes.  (I've been grilling in that spot for 10 years)
  • tcampbell
    tcampbell Posts: 771
    Really like the counter top.  Everything looks great