Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ozark Oak

Options
I noticed that you can purchase Ozark Oak again. Is this the same as the previous lump?

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    @stlcharcoal this one’s all yours, lol
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    If it is then the value of my 14 bags of the ORIGINAL OO in my 401k valuation stash just took a serious financial hit! LOL…

but…hey…maybe the colorful characters in Yellville, AR will come back to life! 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Options
    Where’s @henapple? :)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,122
    Options
    Does anyone have Tiffany Paxton's number in Yellville, AR?  She will know.  I think @RRP may have her email.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    I don't believe so. Royal Oak bought their plant. The family who owned Ozark Oak was getting out of the business. That I do know. I believe the name was possibly sold and rebagged from another charcoal company. I do remember hearing it wasn't the same quality as the previous Ozark Oak. I want to say it was similar to Royal Oak. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    Options
    I purchased some of the new stuff about a year and half ago when driving through Arkansas.  It has kinda a sweet smell to it.  I never used the original, so I can’t compare.  I like Rockwood better….. but when I purchases OO, it was $11.98 for a 20 pound bag.  Easily the best I have ever used in that price range. 
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Does anyone have Tiffany Paxton's number in Yellville, AR?  She will know.  I think @RRP may have her email.
    I just bet that by now Tiff’s boobs hang past her knees after dropping several kid-os! And I’d further bet that the ole Santa Claus syndrome may have been a factor in that Yellville Trailer Park & Birthing Center! 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,685
    Options
    @stlcharcoal this one’s all yours, lol
    Their bid'nuss, not mine.

@RRP needs to call Tiffany and see what's up.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    The original was my favorite lump by far. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    RRP said:
    I just bet that by now Tiff’s boobs hang past her knees after dropping several kid-os! And I’d further bet that the ole Santa Claus syndrome may have been a factor in that Yellville Trailer Park & Birthing Center! 

I just spit water on my monitor ha ha.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    Sounds like there is a story here.  Please share.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    RyanStl said:
    Sounds like there is a story here.  Please share.
    There used to be a topix board from Yellville, Ar.  That is where the OG Ozark Oak was from.  It was like the real housewives of Methville on the board.  Tiffany Paxton was a major player on the board.  It was hilarious, wish I screen shotted the board because it is gone.  It had cheating husbands, stolen drugs, stabbings, shootings, threats, and everything.  Glorious.  Ron posted asking a question about OO on the board and hilarity ensued.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options

• RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    Unlawful use of a communication device, that's a good one. How many here have done that?
  • LDR
    LDR Posts: 414
    Options
    I've still got six bags of the original product, and bought a truck-bed full of the new product at Cost Plus.  I just use the original for cooks at Thanksgiving and Christmas.  The new product doesn't sound as much like glass when I move it, and it doesn't seem quite as neutral on the smoke flavor.

It's hard to beat the price here in Arkansas, especially at Cost Plus and Harp's.  So it's still worth it even if the product isn't quite as good.