Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

??? RIP greeneggers.com ???

Anyone know anything about http://www.greeneggers.com being off the air this time so long? Is it over?

For those with no idea what i am talking about this was the original forum before BGE put up the current forum. The “old guys” forum. 
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

500 Posts: 3,177
    I enjoyed posting there for awhile until this forum came online. Biggest reason I switched was the format. There were good folks there. 
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    edited November 2021
    I believe @loco_engr has tried multiple times and ways to get ahold of WPB but with no luck. (I think it's WPB but I could be wrong with his initials. It has been awhile)
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    500 said:
    I enjoyed posting there for awhile until this forum came online. Biggest reason I switched was the format. There were good folks there. 
    Yes and still is. Several did not come over to this forum. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey
    Hopefully someone will know what is going on. 

• RLS
    RLS Posts: 41
    I'm with everybody here, I was able to gain so much knowledge for that forum, (this forum too) and will miss it if it doesn't come back up.

Rick
    Rick in Tampa
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,951
    edited November 2021
    Has anyone tried faxing them?
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,951
    edited November 2021
    I kid. Without them there would be no us. I just could never get past the antiquated format. If it is gone, there are probably enough people on here who have the skills and resources to reboot it with modern tech 
  • Yes, we do know what happened but it is not my story to tell. What I can tell you is that we did try to move it over to a different server so their service could continue but there were some pieces that needed to come together before a specific date that did not happen. (out of our control) So for right now it sits dark, we will keep you updated if there are any new updates.  

Happy Thanksgiving.
    The archive is worth preserving for sure. Plus there were some epic beefs back in the day lol
  • Mickey
    It should be saved if possible. Lots of good info

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Maybe I'm wrong, but it has always been my understanding that everything from day 1 until BGE took over egghead forum.com is on this forum. After that date, greeneggers is not on here. But there's never been much there anyway.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    When I tried to use greeneggers, I always got lost in a sea of   =)=)=) and :rofl::rofl::rofl: and :triumph::triumph::triumph:
  • Legume said:
    When I tried to use greeneggers, I always got lost in a sea of   =)=)=) and :rofl::rofl::rofl: and :triumph::triumph::triumph:
    Ha ha. So true. 
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    Has anyone tried faxing them?
    In the past I was able to txt the administrator (WPB) with a number he gave me.
    When I noticed the site was down on many occasions I txted him and he got it back up and running.  Last week my txt messages went "undeliverable" along with the 2 different email addresses I had for him.
    Sad to see it like this without an explanation!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • I liked that old forum, and learned a lot back in the day when I was Lit-the-Rascal. People were all nice to each other.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    I liked that old forum, and learned a lot back in the day when I was Lit-the-Rascal. People were all nice to each other.
    I agree! i know when I joined there nearly 22 years ago I learned SO much and made many lasting friends from there.

There is a saying made popular by a university professor maybe 50 years ago that I still believe in when I read some people here knocking that old forum…the professor’s videos and teaching went something like this…”You are where you were when”!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • I liked that old forum, and learned a lot back in the day when I was Lit-the-Rascal. People were all nice to each other.
    Of course you did. Because you are such a nice guy. 
  • Mickey
    It’s starting to not look good. A lot of history about to be lost. 

• RRP
    Mickey said:
    I agree, Mick!
  • Mickey
    HRRP said:
    Mickey said:
    I agree, Mick!
    Guessing all the recipes are lost and will remain lost. 

• RRP
    Mickey said:
    HRRP said:
    Mickey said:
    I agree, Mick!
    Guessing all the recipes are lost and will remain lost. 
    Probably except for those recipes saved by some of us who I’m sure will be happy to share! I know I had posted some there since 2000.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    The old forum, if it’s dead, is dead because of self destruction by it’s owner.
    Many Eggheads have offered to help over years and they were shut down due to pure ignorance and self loathing.
    Rest In Peace…
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • The end of an era?

I visited the site a few times.  To me the format was very awkward and unintuitive.  But there seemed to be a dedicated core group of people who interacted over there, and so it’s too bad if indeed it’s gone.  Maybe some of them will return here.  I’d certainly welcome that, as some of the very best BGE recipes I’ve tried have come from folks who’ve been egging long since this forum was made.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • A long time ago I downloaded a bunch of recipes from there and have them saved as a pdf. I could upload them here if there is any interest.
    Cincinnati, Ohio. Large BGE since 2011. Still learning.
  • OhioEgger said:
    A long time ago I downloaded a bunch of recipes from there and have them saved as a pdf. I could upload them here if there is any interest.
    I am. @egret has posted a link to egg fest menus and recipes and I have printed several of those. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• This situation reminds me of a small baptist church we used to belong to.  There were a core of old timers who refused any suggestion from anyone to change anything.  After five years, I was 50 and we were still “the new young couple.”  We bailed and now belong to another church with a vibrant youth program.

I like the folks at the old church and have attended the funerals of some of our favorites.  Recently we went to this little old lady’s funeral.  She was in my fantasy football league and would trash talk me.  It’s a little bit humiliating to get beat by a little old lady with an attitude.  But I digress.  They’re dying off at that church and I suspect soon will reach the point of unsustainably.  Like maybe our friends at greeneggers.com did.
    Flint, Michigan
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    The website is hosted at GoDaddy. It’s easy enough to get credentials and zip up the content. That requires cooperation from the current owner though. That may be effort they don’t want to expend. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!