Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

WIldFork.com

Options
Has anyone ever ordered from wilfork.com?
The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.

Comments

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,767
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Yes sir …great service I like SRF but equally as good in service, shipping and quality 

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    When I was younger I used to enjoy a wild fork on occasion.
    I’ve ordered multiple prime briskets and have always been impressed by their quality, price, and customer service.  Everything I’ve received from them has been excellent.  Had one item damaged in shipping and they took care of it after a single phone call. My go to place for meats. 
    Large BGE
    Port Orange, FL
  • RajunCajun
    RajunCajun Posts: 1,035
    Options
    TMCCGator said:
    I’ve ordered multiple prime briskets and have always been impressed by their quality, price, and customer service.  Everything I’ve received from them has been excellent.  Had one item damaged in shipping and they took care of it after a single phone call. My go to place for meats. 
    Thanks!  I think I am going to order a prime brisket from them.
    The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
    Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.
  • 4TheGrillOfIt
    Options
    Thanks, wasn’t aware of them.  I’ve used SRF a lot as well as Creek Stone and Porter Road.  
    XL BGE, Large BGE, Small BGE, Weber Summit NG                                                                                               
    Memphis  
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    They recently opened a free standing store in Tampa and are building another one in south Tampa. I went in to check it out and they told me that all their meat is flash frozen 1/2 hour after slaughter, which makes it much more fresh than what is in your local grocery store or meat market. The variety of meats is unbelievable and the cuts are amazing. Yep, $160 a for a 3 1/4 lb. wagyu tomahawk. I'm going to do that one day, for sure. They also told me that they check prices with other stores each week and work to keep their prices lower, even mentioning Publix. I bought duck breast and skirt steak and wild caught Argentinian red shrimp, each individually frozen, all excellent. Give them a try.
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • nolaegghead
    Options

They recently opened a free standing store in Tampa and are building another one in south Tampa. I went in to check it out and they told me that all their meat is flash frozen 1/2 hour after slaughter, which makes it much more fresh than what is in your local grocery store or meat market. The variety of meats is unbelievable and the cuts are amazing. Yep, $160 a for a 3 1/4 lb. wagyu tomahawk. I'm going to do that one day, for sure. They also told me that they check prices with other stores each week and work to keep their prices lower, even mentioning Publix. I bought duck breast and skirt steak and wild caught Argentinian red shrimp, each individually frozen, all excellent. Give them a try.
    They probably don't flash freeze beef right after slaughter, it really needs to age for a week or it will be tougher than what people expect.  Seafood is another story.

@nolaegghead - I am just repeating what the employees told me, but they could be under informed or misinformed altogether. They have a staggering amount of product there, so possibly not the same treatment for all items. Thanks for the heads up, I will for sure ask about the meat with a manager the next time I go in.
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Slaughter VS Butcher. They probably slaughter the beef and hang it for however long local law will allow then butcher and flash freeze.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• RajunCajun
    RajunCajun Posts: 1,035
    Options
    Website advertises approx 14lb prime brisket....so for me, +/- couple pounds is ok....called and they told me it could be a 7lber or it could be a 25lber and there is no way to tighten that range.  Looking for a plan b
  • 55Kevy
    55Kevy Posts: 235
    Options
    OK, so my dyslexia kicked in and I went to WildFork.com.  Not the same thing at all - well, maybe similar as it was food related.

Kevin

Beautiful Santa Ynez Valley, CA
    XL BGE, Woo2, AR

• 55Kevy
    55Kevy Posts: 235
    Options
    Now, I tried Wilfork.com and got nuttin... so what is the actual URL?

Kevin

XL BGE, Woo2, AR

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    55Kevy said:
    https://wildforkfoods.com/

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Acn said:
    55Kevy said:
    https://wildforkfoods.com/
    Ah, thanks @Acn!  I was having the same trouble as @55Kevy; no matter how I capitalized the term I kept getting some restaurant in Tulsa.  :angry:   

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• nolaegghead
    Options
    Pro tip on we searches: type all the words in like they weren't concatenated into a url 
    Options
    Pro tip on we searches: type all the words in like they weren't concatenated into a url 
    especially if @nolaegghead shared said link 🤣😂

Options
    Thanks @Acn!

Kevin

XL BGE, Woo2, AR

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    @nolaegghead - I am just repeating what the employees told me, but they could be under informed or misinformed altogether. They have a staggering amount of product there, so possibly not the same treatment for all items. Thanks for the heads up, I will for sure ask about the meat with a manager the next time I go in.
    The employee is probably getting terms confused. Slaughtered vs Processed.
    Animal is slaughtered and hung to age.
    Then processed, packaged and quickly flash frozen.

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • johnmitchell
    Options
    I am thinking of ordering a bone in leg of lamb from them. Has anyone bought lamb from Wild Fork or any other suggestions of places to get top quality lamb
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • johnmitchell
    Options
    I am thinking of ordering a bone in leg of lamb from them. Has anyone bought lamb from Wild Fork or any other suggestions of places to get top quality lamb
    I pulled the trigger on a 7lb bone in leg
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....