Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

DJIA 36KKK!!!

Options
Wow the market is up there these days!  My 401K is looking pretty good!  I might be able to retire early at this rate!  

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Thanks, Obummer!
    Options
    Any stock tips on what I should have bought several months ago?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • BenfordSlaw
    Options
    DMW said:
    Something like this?

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I seem to recall that @littlerascal56 would post one of these DJIA threads whenever it was in the news and every single time it would get Nuked.
    edited November 2021
    Options
    DMW said:
    Should have bought Tesla about 5 years ago…

Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    Had a coworker at my last job that had purchased $10k in Apple stock back in 1984. She sold it in 1997 when they almost went bust. 

Buddy and I did the math and with the dividends, and splits had she kept it the whole time it would be worth $2.5M today. She about shat her pants when we told her that.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    DMW said:
    Should have bought Tesla about 5 years ago…

Nice pickup.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,760
    Options
    I bought 50k worth of shares at $250.00 per share way back.. did the same with Yahoo but they changed and cashed out a few years back 

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Meatfluencer
    Options
    Does this mean we can afford meat again? 
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Does this mean we can afford meat again? 
    Only if you plan to buy Impossible burgers because it’s all fake money anyways… 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,528
    Options
    Get your vaccine 

MRNA

in @ 20

love me some 

SHIBA
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Dont worry this guy has inflation under control. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DiBmfcYaBoI
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Lucky for NOLA, I kept all my money in the market!  Have not drawn anything from my IRA for past 3 years, so it has grown immensely.  Enough that wife quit her job in January, and we upgraded homes.  And still are eating good!
    LETS GO BRANDON!  
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    I bought 50k worth of shares at $250.00 per share way back.. did the same with Yahoo but they changed and cashed out a few years back 

My goog shares are up 748% wish i had more
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,042
    Options
    My dog dropped a perfect hershey kiss today.

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

I bet you could sell that and make some major coin.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,042
    edited November 2021
    Options

Gonna turn it into my Crypto Coin.  Issuing One Googolpex of coins in phase one.  Just need a name for my coin.

When it takes off, I am sending a Komodo Kamado to everyone with over 30k egghead points.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options

Gonna turn it into my Crypto Coin.  Issuing One Googolpex of coins in phase one.  Just need a name for my coin.

When it takes off, I am sending a Komodo Kamado to everyone with over 30k egghead points.
    Googocoin
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options

NFT that sheet!!!
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    If "Let's go, Brandon!" = "Fvck Joe Biden!"...

what does "Let's go, Trump!" mean? Fvck Mitch McConnell?

I can't keep up with Moronese.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,760
    Options
    ^^^^^this
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,081
    edited November 2021
    Options
    @RRP provided wisdom that should be helpful to those interested in investing vs. speculating.  Good stuff there.
    On the boring side of the coin he mentions having a rainy day fund and dismal CD rates.  If such a fund is part of your portfolio, inflation eating your principal is probably a concern.   Series I Savings Bonds are what I use to help with that.   They are currently paying 7.12%.  Be aware you have to hold them for at least one year before selling.
    If you wish to research them the details are here...

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    dbCooper said:
    @RRP provided wisdom that should be helpful to those interested in investing vs. speculating.  Good stuff there.
    On the boring side of the coin he mentions having a rainy day fund and dismal CD rates.  If such a fund is part of your portfolio, inflation eating your principal is probably a concern.   Series I Savings Bonds are what I use to help with that.   They are currently paying 7.12%.  Be aware you have to hold them for at least one year before selling.
    If you wish to research them the details are here...

While that is a SUPER rate in the current market place the maximum per year that you can buy is $15K.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • RRP
    Options
    Solana
    LOL or on the craps table or on a bunch of scratch off lotto tickets!

I knew when I replied about the $15k limitation I might get slammed. but if you read the limitations then that last $5k MUST only be from a tax refund! Kinda puts a different spin on "investing" doesn't it? 
  • RRP
    Options
    huh?
    Sorry if I offended you, but JUST in case others didn't read the yearly limitations then here they are:

How much in I bonds can I buy for myself? 

In a calendar year, you can acquire:

• up to $10,000 in electronic I bonds in TreasuryDirect
    • up to $5,000 in paper I bonds using your federal income tax refund

Two points:

• The limits apply separately, meaning you could acquire up to $15,000 in I bonds in a calendar year
    • Bonds you buy for yourself and bonds you receive as gifts or via transfers count toward the limit. Two exceptions:
      • If a bond is transferred to you due to the death of the original owner, the amount doesn't count toward your limit
      • If you own a paper bond issued before 2008, you can convert it to an electronic bond in your account in TreasuryDirect regardless of the amount of the bond. (The annual limit before 2008 was greater than today's limit of $10,000.)

Can I buy I bonds as gifts for others?

Yes.

Electronic bonds: You can buy them as gifts for any TreasuryDirect account holder, including children.

Paper bonds: You can request bonds in the names of others and then, once the bonds are mailed to you, give the bonds as gifts.

How much in I bonds can I buy as gifts?

The purchase amount of a gift bond counts toward the annual limit of the recipient, not the giver. So, in a calendar year, you can buy up to $10,000 in electronic bonds and up to $5,000 in paper bonds for each person you buy for.

I still hope I didn't offend people here, but these bonds with their HIGH interest rate is PROOF POSITIVE how the USA itself reveals what inflation is all about as well as the crappy credit rating is of USA debt paper! Slam me pal, but please think your response through. OK?

• Terpderpitude
    Options

Let’s Go Brandon!