Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,733
    Eoin said:
    trying to refinance the camp.  they seem to want everything, then they seem to make things up on their own. never seen a refinance go down like this. newest, three on the currant mortgage one lives there full time, well thats not owner occupied, thats an investment property. we want a 15 year note, they will give a 20, not a 15, WHAT. tax returns, no, we want 2 years of consecutive  pay stubs, why. 2 bank, 2 refinance brokers, and a credit union,  ten zillion telephone calls a day and not making headway
    It's almost as though the people at the bank are having trouble understanding you.  
    i think they are at home drinking but still wearing their in training name tags. have you been to an actual bank lately,  last time getting a loan for the truck it took them 20 minutes to find out they stopped doing auto loans.  i got the last  ppp loan from a girl that was selling scratch tickets next to the bank just a few months before.....

Finance is now decision by numbers, allowing them to employ cheap people who tick the boxes and the computer makes the decision.

i dont seem to fit those boxes or the supermarket bag boy isnt filling them properly. i might go down to the bank and have them call a superior to find out if they still do mortgages, i bet they dont know
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • trying to refinance the camp.  they seem to want everything, then they seem to make things up on their own. never seen a refinance go down like this. newest, three on the currant mortgage one lives there full time, well thats not owner occupied, thats an investment property. we want a 15 year note, they will give a 20, not a 15, WHAT. tax returns, no, we want 2 years of consecutive  pay stubs, why. 2 bank, 2 refinance brokers, and a credit union,  ten zillion telephone calls a day and not making headway
    It's almost as though the people at the bank are having trouble understanding you.  
    i think they are at home drinking but still wearing their in training name tags. have you been to an actual bank lately,  last time getting a loan for the truck it took them 20 minutes to find out they stopped doing auto loans.  i got the last  ppp loan from a girl that was selling scratch tickets next to the bank just a few months before.....

We set up another HELOC through our bank about five months ago.  One in person visit to sign, took maybe 30 minutes.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,022
    trying to refinance the camp.  they seem to want everything, then they seem to make things up on their own. never seen a refinance go down like this. newest, three on the currant mortgage one lives there full time, well thats not owner occupied, thats an investment property. we want a 15 year note, they will give a 20, not a 15, WHAT. tax returns, no, we want 2 years of consecutive  pay stubs, why. 2 bank, 2 refinance brokers, and a credit union,  ten zillion telephone calls a day and not making headway

We set up another HELOC through our bank about five months ago.  One in person visit to sign, took maybe 30 minutes.
    We use mobile notaries.  I don't even go to the bank.  I talk to my lender, he says "yay" or "nay", then I sign.  Although, these are very basic notes, with usually only 1 person on them.

The world is no longer setup for unique situations like @fishlessman .   No box to check, then no loan.  That is why good lenders who know the system and what is behind the boxes will always have good jobs.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Hansm
    Hansm Posts: 214
    Making a list of accessories to get with my LG BGE
    LG BGE,  Weber Genesis gas, Weber 22" Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304

We use mobile notaries.  I don't even go to the bank.  I talk to my lender, he says "yay" or "nay", then I sign.  Although, these are very basic notes, with usually only 1 person on them.

The world is no longer setup for unique situations like @fishlessman .   No box to check, then no loan.  That is why good lenders who know the system and what is behind the boxes will always have good jobs.
    Where do you find a 'good' lender these days? For my commercial mortgage I had to go through and affordability questionaire for the bank. They have had my account for over 10 years and know all of my outgoings, because they're all on the statement. The regional manager told me that she used to personally sign off £3m mortgages, now she just goes through the details for any amount and the forms go to head office for approval, 1 month later if you're lucky.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,331
    Leaf cleanup season has begun

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Eoin said:

Where do you find a 'good' lender these days? For my commercial mortgage I had to go through and affordability questionaire for the bank. They have had my account for over 10 years and know all of my outgoings, because they're all on the statement. The regional manager told me that she used to personally sign off £3m mortgages, now she just goes through the details for any amount and the forms go to head office for approval, 1 month later if you're lucky.
    We have a lender we use for everything, they are not a bank.  They issue loans, then sell them to banks.  If he doesn't do the particular loan, he has referral partners who do and he manages all of it.  Makes life easier.  I don't know why, but they are able to structure loans and sell them to a bank, and I personally could not get same terms going directly to the bank.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Currently ready to throw two yard birds in the trash along with my Joetisserie.  Birds came loose and were just hanging. So I pulled them out and they slide off into the coals.  Got it all fixed, came out 10 minutes later and dang bird came loose again.  It slide all the way to the side.  Next time I am using red loctite.

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,427
    Can't find a butcher around me that will shave beef thin enough for cheese steak or pad thai beef.... might be time to buy a Hobart.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,314
    @Ozzie_Isaac Seems like time to see how caveman chix works... =)  But I can see why the frustration.  Hopefully not playing a Gucci card here.   =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    @JohnInCarolina dude I just snorted cheap chardonnay out my nose reading this.  Truly one of the best responses ever.  
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    lousubcap said:
    @Ozzie_Isaac Seems like time to see how caveman chix works... =)  But I can see why the frustration.  Hopefully not playing a Gucci card here.   =)
    Sometimes a person's luck runs out.  If this is all that goes wrong today, I am living well.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    It got worse, but it still tasted great after an epic battle.

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,416
    kl8ton said:
    Can't find a butcher around me that will shave beef thin enough for cheese steak or pad thai beef.... might be time to buy a Hobart.
    Same issue. Best thing I’ve found is frozen pre-sliced ribeye from food distributor. It’s already portioned and I got no place for a 30# box……I too want a Hobart. Maryland Pit Beef here we come 
  • JethroVA said:
    @JohnInCarolina dude I just snorted cheap chardonnay out my nose reading this.  Truly one of the best responses ever.  
    Haha.  I was starting to think nobody got that.
  • fishlessman
    JethroVA said:

seems i need to go back and punctuate that dribble better or maybe start it by going on an on about how i rode amtrak for 36 years as vp
    fukahwee maine

• JethroVA said:

seems i need to go back and punctuate that dribble better or maybe start it by going on an on about how i rode amtrak for 36 years as vp 

• fishlessman

my last home finance a few years ago was thru citibank, no paper transfer and they showed up in a week and signed in my office. it was effortless
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    JethroVA said:

salty or presidential =)
    fukahwee maine

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,505
    ColbyLang said:
    kl8ton said:
    Same issue. Best thing I’ve found is frozen pre-sliced ribeye from food distributor. It’s already portioned and I got no place for a 30# box……I too want a Hobart. Maryland Pit Beef here we come 
    Asian grocers have meal sized frozen sliced beef, pork and lamb for hot pot (fondue).
    canuckland
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,607
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304

my last home finance a few years ago was thru citibank, no paper transfer and they showed up in a week and signed in my office. it was effortless
    The problem here is that they tightened rules after 2008 and put in strict 'affordability' criteria with many boxes to tick. If you have don't have a good enough credit history or employment history, you can't get a loan, so you have to pay the same amount in rent to pay off the mortgage of someone who does have a credit history. We've lost our way somewhere.
  • fishlessman
    edited October 2021
    the
    Eoin said:

The problem here is that they tightened rules after 2008 and put in strict 'affordability' criteria with many boxes to tick. If you have don't have a good enough credit history or employment history, you can't get a loan, so you have to pay the same amount in rent to pay off the mortgage of someone who does have a credit history. We've lost our way somewhere.

im starting to think the banks dont want the loan because of the low rates, pushing the loan up to 20 years verse the 15 increases the rate significantly. same with occupied verse investment loan type. credit history for the three of us is in the excellent range, each could take the mortgage on their own. employment history goes back 40 years for me and the others as well, same family business. they are working hard to raise the rate or walk away. thats the only way i can see it or i cant afford to pay 300 dollars less a month on a loan ive been paying for the last 17 years. anyways, now bartering with the original mortgage bank holder
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    market basket here shaves the beef and has it frozen in 1 pound trays, perfect for tacos and steak and cheese. probably not ribeye but that doesnt make a difference to me as i marinate it for an asian style steak and cheese
    fukahwee maine

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,296
    the
    Eoin said:

im starting to think the banks dont want the loan because of the low rates, pushing the loan up to 20 years verse the 15 increases the rate significantly. same with occupied verse investment loan type. credit history for the three of us is in the excellent range, each could take the mortgage on their own. employment history goes back 40 years for me and the others as well, same family business. they are working hard to raise the rate or walk away. thats the only way i can see it or i cant afford to pay 300 dollars less a month on a loan ive been paying for the last 17 years. anyways, now bartering with the original mortgage bank holder
    Or you could take the 20 year mortgage, pay extra principle each month, and pay it off in 15 years or less. Sort of what I did with my 15 year mortgage that I paid off in less than 12 years. For the first three years I just doubled the principle portion of each monthly payment thus reducing the length of the mortgage by an extra month but for way less than a doubled monthly payment. I slowed down when the principle portion of the monthly payment finally exceeded the interest portion.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited October 2021
    the
    Eoin said:

Or you could take the 20 year mortgage, pay extra principle each month, and pay it off in 15 years or less. Sort of what I did with my 15 year mortgage that I paid off in less than 12 years. For the first three years I just doubled the principle portion of each monthly payment thus reducing the length of the mortgage by an extra month but for way less than a doubled monthly payment. I slowed down when the principle portion of the monthly payment finally exceeded the interest portion.
    With inflation running amuck, best to lock in as much debt as you can now.  Money will be cheap in another few months.  Buy as much capital as you can now, then pay it off with a dollar in the future worth $0.25 in todays money.

Inflation is great for those carrying a lot of debt, it is bad for savers and cash heavy folks.
  • rifrench
    rifrench Posts: 469
    Cleaning/disinfecting day. 

I liked the hinged cuffs, not department issue so I had to buy them on my dime. 
     1 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 1 KBQ and a 26" Blackstone near Blackstone, Virginia
  • the
    Eoin said:

With inflation running amuck, best to lock in as much debt as you can now.  Money will be cheap in another few months.  Buy as much capital as you can now, then pay it off with a dollar in the future worth $0.25 in todays money.

Inflation is great for those carrying a lot of debt, it is bad for savers and cash heavy folks.
    Said the US government. Maybe why they are creating it to start with? Hmm
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,642
    edited October 2021
    Sounds like a barrel of fish hooks @fishlessman if I understand there are three of you on the loan? For that reason alone I’m out.  God forbid if something were to happen and someone passed now you own it with their significant other who wants out and their share of its value or just doesn’t want to pay. Or someone gets sued for everything and your forced to buy them out. If a renter is injured can they go after all three parties? You have been paying on it for 17 years and are planning to go another 15 what’s the plan here? Honestly non of my business just spitballing 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.