Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - For Car Lovers: Some Recent Exotic Spottings

Options

Comments

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @TideEggHead: Love all three. Bet that Skyline is a fun drive. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    You have to drive those fast and furious

If I was going to take a page from that franchise, I’d pick the GN in a heartbeat. Never seen any of the movies. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options

If I was going to take a page from that franchise, I’d pick the GN in a heartbeat. Never seen any of the movies. 
    I maybe saw part of the first one.  But from my understanding, the prerequisite car has to burn rice and have a 3" or larger diameter exhaust tip.

Options
    No doubt! It was neat seeing it sitting next to a newer GTR
    LBGE
    AL
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,108
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Fast and Furious, the third greatest franchise in cinema history.  Absolutely love it, especially watching it grow from kind of sorta believable to complete and utter insanity with absolutely no grounding in reality.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Fast and Furious, the third greatest franchise in cinema history.  
    After Star Trek and Vacation, I assume.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Fast and Furious, the third greatest franchise in cinema history.  
    After Star Trek and Vacation, I assume.
    Those are ok, but I meant Starship Troopers and Tremors.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,771
    Options
    you guys have some nice cars in the hood. this is what i see daily, there must be a hundred done up this way around me. stole the pic, not getting the camera out for these. probably more as there are second hand tire shops open 24/7

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    you guys have some nice cars in the hood. this is what i see daily, there must be a hundred done up this way around me. stole the pic, not getting the camera out for these. probably more as there are second hand tire shops open 24/7

There is nothing wrong with mid or even lower-end cars (I own a few myself), but I do not understand why you’d spend so much money to do this kind of thing. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options

There is nothing wrong with mid or even lower-end cars (I own a few myself), but I do not understand why you’d spend so much money to do this kind of thing. 
    It is called Stance, and is an auto sub-culture.  A cousin of slamming.

• GrateEggspectations
    Options

You omitted the much-needed reference to donk. 

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited October 2021
    Options

That looks ridiculous. But if someone wants to waste money making their car or truck look that way hey it's a free country. I however will never understand the appeal to lowering your car to the point that it drags pavement. Then again it's the same thing with people that put suspension lifts and 40" tires on their truck and yet NEVER leave the pavement.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    This thread reminds me. Next time I see him I need to get a picture of the legless guy that lives out here and drives a Bugatti Veyron

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,391
    Options
    @TEXASBGE2018 - Classics work for me in this thread.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    This thread reminds me. Next time I see him I need to get a picture of the legless guy that lives out here and drives a Bugatti Veyron
    Selling your own legs to afford a Veyron seems a little extreme.
  • fishlessman
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Botch said:

That's silly.  In my teenage years we jacked up the rear of the car, but at least it had a purpose (better gas mileage, as you were always going downhill).  

my first car was a 4 door dodge dart, i lifted the back about 8 inches and modified the torsion bars up front for 5 inches.  if i was stuck off road i couldnt count on ford broncos getting there.  i dont understand the tipping of the wheels, what do they do, just remove the suspension til the wheels nearly fall off

another thing i will never understand are those early 80 econo vettes with no power, i beat one on the highway with my dodge dart one night coming back from the beach. he had me up to about 90 mph and but was dust in the 130's by a jacked up bondo bucket dart
    fukahwee maine

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Botch said:

That's silly.  In my teenage years we jacked up the rear of the car, but at least it had a purpose (better gas mileage, as you were always going downhill).  

my first car was a 4 door dodge dart, i lifted the back about 8 inches and modified the torsion bars up front for 5 inches.  if i was stuck off road i couldnt count on ford broncos getting there.  i dont understand the tipping of the wheels, what do they do, just remove the suspension til the wheels nearly fall off

another thing i will never understand are those early 80 econo vettes with no power, i beat one on the highway with my dodge dart one night coming back from the beach. he had me up to about 90 mph and but was dust in the 130's by a jacked up bondo bucket dart
    Slow vettes in 70s and 80s were a byproduct of fledgling emission standards.  It took manufactures a decade plus to figure how to make power again.
  • fishlessman
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Botch said:

Slow vettes in 70s and 80s were a byproduct of fledgling emission standards.  It took manufactures a decade plus to figure how to make power again.

my dodge had the 340 v8, but its just sad when a new vette couldnt beat it. i couldnt imagine buying one of those. my neighbor bought the ugly brown one to boot. first thing gone in a 70's car, the emmissions crap
    fukahwee maine

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Botch said:

my dodge had the 340 v8, but its just sad when a new vette couldnt beat it. i couldnt imagine buying one of those. my neighbor bought the ugly brown one to boot. first thing gone in a 70's car, the emmissions crap
    I remember my first ride ~1980 Corvette Stingray.  As a kid I was super excited for insane power.  Then when we actually drove I was disappointed.  Ever since that day Corvettes have had zero appeal.  They looked awesome, but were so slow!
  • fishlessman
    Options
    Botch said:

I remember my first ride ~1980 Corvette Stingray.  As a kid I was super excited for insane power.  Then when we actually drove I was disappointed.  Ever since that day Corvettes have had zero appeal.  They looked awesome, but were so slow!

parents cutlass was similar, hit the gas and the power dropped. i drove it once and said no the next time they offered the car. atleast they fixed the vettes
    fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I had a pretty good laugh a few years ago reading about the DeLorean when I discovered its 0-60 time back in the day was over 10 seconds.  
  • BigreenGreg
    Options

Well, lets see the graph!
    LBGE, 36" Blackstone, Anova Pro
    Charleston, SC