Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Options

Comments

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,610
    Options
    RyanStl said:
    paqman said:
    RyanStl said:
    ColtsFan said:
    lousubcap said:
    ColtsFan said:
    Sore nipple cream. 

Don’t ask 😎
    Gotta be associated with long distance running and inadequate pre run vaseline application.  Just guessing here  B)
    No running here B)

I'm a few days into a CPAP machine and the nasal mask is playing hell on the base/bottom of my nose.
    I have the nasal pillow mask.  It bothers my nostrils the first couple of days when I replace it.  Then all is could.  I couldn't imagine not having my machine.  Sleep so much better now.
    Neither can I. My wife is on a waiting list for a CPAP, damn chip shortage is causing a large back order 
    @RyanStl Problem is not the chip shortage, it is a recall on pretty much all Philips models because of VOC released by the noise insulation foam they used.  I dont know what their market share was but I’d bet it was nearly 80% based on the ones I’ve seen sold here.  I can’t sleep without mine so I am still using it and waiting to hear back from them about how they are going to fix this.
    Do they make Resmed, that's what I have.

Edit: my own search says no they don't.  I'm assuming this why the Resmeds aren't in stock. 
    Are you tied to one medical supply provider?  Lots of places sell CPAP with prescription (w/ or w/out insurance).  Lots of online places and I’m sure a quick search for durable medical equipment or even CPAP in your area will turn up several.  Doctor’s offices probably just refer to the same place all the time, it’s easy.  If you check online, they’re not sold out.  Cpap.com is one place, there are many.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    A kindling splitter.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,036
    Options
    Only thing faster than a Thermapen is the USPS.

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    First thing I did was eat the Jelly Bellies

I would’ve had you pegged as taking your own temperature rectally first.

Oh wait, that’s SGH.  Sorry.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options

I would’ve had you pegged as taking your own temperature rectally first.

Oh wait, that’s SGH.  Sorry.

On the down side - OWCH!
    On the up side - it's over in 2 seconds
    Options
    Legume said:
    RyanStl said:
    paqman said:
    RyanStl said:
    ColtsFan said:
    lousubcap said:
    ColtsFan said:
    Sore nipple cream. 

Don’t ask 😎
    Gotta be associated with long distance running and inadequate pre run vaseline application.  Just guessing here  B)
    No running here B)

I'm a few days into a CPAP machine and the nasal mask is playing hell on the base/bottom of my nose.
    I have the nasal pillow mask.  It bothers my nostrils the first couple of days when I replace it.  Then all is could.  I couldn't imagine not having my machine.  Sleep so much better now.
    Neither can I. My wife is on a waiting list for a CPAP, damn chip shortage is causing a large back order 
    @RyanStl Problem is not the chip shortage, it is a recall on pretty much all Philips models because of VOC released by the noise insulation foam they used.  I dont know what their market share was but I’d bet it was nearly 80% based on the ones I’ve seen sold here.  I can’t sleep without mine so I am still using it and waiting to hear back from them about how they are going to fix this.
    Do they make Resmed, that's what I have.

Edit: my own search says no they don't.  I'm assuming this why the Resmeds aren't in stock. 
    Are you tied to one medical supply provider?  Lots of places sell CPAP with prescription (w/ or w/out insurance).  Lots of online places and I’m sure a quick search for durable medical equipment or even CPAP in your area will turn up several.  Doctor’s offices probably just refer to the same place all the time, it’s easy.  If you check online, they’re not sold out.  Cpap.com is one place, there are many.
    @RyanStl ResMed is the other brand being sold here but there is a waiting list because of the limited supply due to the Philips models not being sold right now.

@Legume I am not tied to a specific supply provider but they are not sold without a prescription or online around here.  Also, the insurance will only reimburse if purchased from an authorized reseller and with a sleep study.

edited October 2021
    Options
    A kindling splitter.
    which one did you get?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,355
    Options
    $1400 for a brake job on a 12 year old truck. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    I hope that is all 4 calipers, rotors, and pads
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    I hope that is all 4 calipers, rotors, and pads
    And a handy.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    caliking said:
    A kindling splitter.
    which one did you get?
    One of those metal rigs that kind of looks like a bear trap.  I don’t recall the brand.  This was an Amazon purchase.  
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Starting to get worried.

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Starting to get worried.

Don't be. I see five licenses for (your) discretionary spending on that table. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • PeteSliver
    Options
    The humblebrag is strong here.
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    VRBO in Barcelona.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,332
    Options
    @Acn - You are gonna love Barcelona if your first visit and if this is beyond that then you know of what I just wrote.  Have fun and enjoy the tapas and paella.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited October 2021
    Options
    To be fair, I didn't buy any of them.  My wife has been Christmas shopping.  I thought it was a funny picture.  I don't ask her what she is doing and I walked in to see that on the dinning table.
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Got the printer set up. Love it, prints both sides automatically, fast, and I no longer have to worry about burning up ink cartridges, print whatever the hell I feel like.  The only thing is I was not aware that it’s so dang big, and weighs as much as a pistol safe.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    A kindling splitter.
    Do you have a link to what you got?  Thinking about getting dad one for a xmas present. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    A kindling splitter.
    Do you have a link to what you got?  Thinking about getting dad one for a xmas present. 
    I’ll track it down - came today.  It’s OK - maybe a bit smaller than I would have preferred, just in terms of the diameter of the split that will fit in the ring.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    A kindling splitter.
    Look up WranglerStar on YouTube.  He reviews some of the log/kindling splitters like @JIC is mentioning.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @Acn - You are gonna love Barcelona if your first visit and if this is beyond that then you know of what I just wrote.  Have fun and enjoy the tapas and paella.  
    Thanks Lou!  It’s the first time for my daughter and I, my wife has been there briefly from a semester she spent in Spain during college.  I’m sure we will have a great time, I even got approval to try and get match tickets to Camp Nou, not just the museum tour.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,336
    Options
    Floor mats for the Subie. Car’s not here yet but getting closer to delivery. 

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    A kindling splitter.
    Here's what I bought:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08GSPHR4L/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Have used it a bit this morning already, and it seems to work pretty well.  
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Acn said:
    VRBO in Barcelona.
    Here is a restaurant I've been to a few times in Barcelona that I am happy to highly recommend: 

https://www.topikrestaurant.es/en/

Enjoy!   I think Barcelona is my favorite city.  Amazing place.
  • RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    To be fair, I didn't buy any of them.  My wife has been Christmas shopping.  I thought it was a funny picture.  I don't ask her what she is doing and I walked in to see that on the dinning table.
    It would be funny if those boxes were empty.
  • Coastal_OReggON
    Options
    Rutland gasket from @RRP.  Thanks Ron!  It arrived very quickly with detailed installation information. 

No pics - yet - working through a warranty request to replace our hinge and will install the new gasket at the same time as we do the new hinge.  
    Curry County, OR
    LBGE