Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - For Car Lovers: Some Recent Exotic Spottings

Comments

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    I see similar plates like that sometimes too.  Why captain obvious needs to reveal himself via vanity plates is a mystery.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    Not an exotic per se but the vanity plate is curious given the same info is elsewhere on the back of the vehicle.

Keeps people from stealing their plate to use on another car.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Not an exotic per se but the vanity plate is curious given the same info is elsewhere on the back of the vehicle.

Keeps people from stealing their plate to use on another car.

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    Totally worth it.
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    edited October 2021
    Not an exotic per se but the vanity plate is curious given the same info is elsewhere on the back of the vehicle.

That makes my OCD flare up.  AMGGLS63 must have been taken....
    Clinton, Iowa
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,428
    ^^^ Car and Driver used to list the best personalized plates in their annual “Ten Best” issue (don’t think they’ve done it in awhile anymore).
    The absolute best one I’ve ever seen was on a Rolls-Royce:  “RCH PHKR”.  It got by the censors!  :triumph:  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    And here I figured it was someone from California on a long (non electrified) road trip.  I guess the self image needs reassurance.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch said:
    ^^^ Car and Driver used to list the best personalized plates in their annual “Ten Best” issue (don’t think they’ve done it in awhile anymore).
    The absolute best one I’ve ever seen was on a Rolls-Royce:  “RCH PHKR”.  It got by the censors!  :triumph:  
    my favorite was on a BMW M5.  It read 

OUT80K
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    Botch said:
    The absolute best one I’ve ever seen was on a Rolls-Royce:  “RCH PHKR”.  It got by the censors! 
    Thanks for that.  Great sense of humor and talent right there.  Extremely well played.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    Anyone else want to buy a 14 million dollar license plate in Dubai?

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    A Polestar 2 on a national promotion tour. The guy was having major problems getting it to charge though.
  • RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    A Polestar 2 on a national promotion tour. The guy was having major problems getting it to charge though.
    I've several of those around town.  They give an AMC Eagle vibe with car like body on stilts 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,665
    Botch said:

this ones my favorite.

Man with COPSLIE vanity plate running for office - News -  seacoastonlinecom - Portsmouth NH
    guy was a nut job, took it to court to keep the plate and won, changed his name to "human" and ran with it for state rep as a democrat =)

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,061
    Botch said:

this ones my favorite.

Man with COPSLIE vanity plate running for office - News -  seacoastonlinecom - Portsmouth NH
    guy was a nut job, took it to court to keep the plate and won, changed his name to "human" and ran with it for state rep as a democrat =)

Is prison labor used to make those "Live Free Or Die" plates?
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • fishlessman
    dbCooper said:
    Botch said:

this ones my favorite.

Is prison labor used to make those "Live Free Or Die" plates?

of course,  betting this was a great day to be making plates
    fukahwee maine

• For a while NH's motto of "Live Free Or Die" was closer to "Live Free And Die" as the state was one of the last to require people to wear seatbelts while driving.  
  • fishlessman
    For a while NH's motto of "Live Free Or Die" was closer to "Live Free And Die" as the state was one of the last to require people to wear seatbelts while driving.  

still holding out on a helmet law for motorcycles =)
    fukahwee maine

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
     Michigan recently got rid of helmet law. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,849
    kl8ton said:
     Michigan recently got rid of helmet law. 
    Because? 

‘Donors’. That’s what my ER doctor friends call motorcyclists. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    One of our governors was a motorcycle aficionado and he lifted the helmet requirements....but only if you had proof of health insurance.  DURP.  That lasted until the next governor.
    edited October 2021

So much going on here.  Earnhardt 3, German flag plate on front,  multiple fins/ spoilers, I didn't have time to appreciate this Audi.  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    kl8ton said:

So much going on here.  Earnhardt 3, German flag plate on front,  multiple fins/ spoilers, I didn't have time to appreciate this Audi.  
    He must have came in last place in fantasy football 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • nolaegghead
    kl8ton said:

wow that is so cool.  i want to be like this person

kl8ton said:

Gotta love the "3"s on it, though!  I would drive it for that reason alone!
    Clinton, Iowa
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    Raise Hell and Praise Dale!
  • nolaegghead
    NASCAR has turned into the WWE of car racing.  Run by a dynasty like WWE.  What ever happened to actual "stock" car racing?  Formula 1, Indy and Rally car is more fun to watch as well as amateur racing like Lemons and Chump Car.

In my opinion.  Others will differ.
    edited October 2021
    NASCAR has turned into the WWE of car racing.  Run by a dynasty like WWE.  What ever happened to actual "stock" car racing?  Formula 1, Indy and Rally car is more fun to watch as well as amateur racing like Lemons and Chump Car.

In my opinion.  Others will differ.
    Rally is my absolute favorite.  Followed by Swamp Buggy Racing, and Australian Formula Jet Sprint Boat.  Honorable mention to Red Bull Air Racing and Red Bull Soap Box Derby.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    kl8ton said:

That's at least 1,000 in HP upgrades there 
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,061
    The rear window rain deflector looks an inch or two short to me.  Perhaps it's for aerodynamics and not rain.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA