Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - For Car Lovers: Some Recent Exotic Spottings

Options

Comments

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Porsche 718, which I find beautiful.  Excellent proportion and design.

And a very clean Citroen

I've not seen an SM driving in the wild for years, great spot and a fabulous car.
    People drop the Maserati Merac engine in the SM, I read.  Car is nearly perfect except for "adequate" acceleration.  Hard to believe the SM is around 3200 pounds.

The original engine was Maserati, but a larger displacement version was sometimes swapped out. The SM was an aerodynamic high speed cruiser rather than a fast accelerating sports car. I'd love one.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,025
    Options
    You might have a chance if his battery is low.....

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,740
    Options
    WeberWho said:

how many donuts and coffees can you have sitting there with the ac on plus all the added electronics before the battery is low
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    WeberWho said:

how many donuts and coffees can you have sitting there with the ac on plus all the added electronics before the battery is low
    That varies between 1 and 7 Kw/hr draw depending on the heat load which means, on a full battery, between 8 and 70 hours.
    Options
    WeberWho said:

That varies between 1 and 7 Kw/hr draw depending on the heat load which means, on a full battery, between 8 and 70 hours.

they planned it out right then,  8 hours of coffee and donuts sitting in a car is about right on a construction detail in mass replacing the girl with the slow / stop sign.
    fukahwee maine

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,296
    Options
    WeberWho said:

Beat me to it. Charging on East side of Houston right now with full AC, radio, and WiFi.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,332
    Options
    No sighting but check out the below video between minutes 8-10.  Hard to believe this was a commissioned study.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1CWdvoevR0  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    No sighting but check out the below video between minutes 8-10.  Hard to believe this was a commissioned study.
    Maybe one solution to overpopulation would be making all cars sound like VWs....(think inside the box)
    lousubcap said:
    Interesting. A neighbour (50+) has a Maserati GT and swears he does well while on the prowl. Didn’t ask him whether the exhaust notes elicit similar stimulation in men. Not sure that question would go over well with him. Forwarded the video to him for his own review and analysis. 
  • GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,259
    edited October 2021
    Options
    @Botch: The colour scheme on that VW is dead sexy. Used to have a neighbour with a VW van in a beautiful teal. I’ll share if I can find the photo. 

Edit: Photos found and included below, though visibility is less than ideal. 😊

• Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    In Albuquerque at Walmart.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,025
    Options
    A couple inside pics of the Tesla cop car.

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @lousubcap: Good lookin’ group there, and for a great cause to boot. Please don’t self-limit. I am pretty sure we can all handle more such photos. A neighbour has the carbon copy to your pic number two. Black paint is hard to beat, IMO - except maybe for something like a nice, rich red. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,332
    Options
    @GrateEggspectations - like I have said before, with your neighbours nothing surprises me except the reveal when you crack the code to the transient nature of your sightings in that driveway.  There were no rich reds there today but it could happen downstream I guess.

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,036
    Options
    Saw this 911 Turbo today.  Also saw a red late 1970s 911 Whale Tail, but wasn't fast enough to get pictures.

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • MJG
    MJG Posts: 598
    Options

No idea why these post sideways!  
    Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
  • MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,373
    Options

Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    I saw a Lancia Fulvia Zagato on the motorway this evening. Rare beast. No pic because it was dark and I was too busy giving the driver the thumbs up.
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,859
    Options
    Eoin said:
    I saw a Lancia Fulvia Zagato on the motorway this evening. Rare beast. No pic because it was dark and I was too busy giving the driver the thumbs up.
    Wondered if it was Harry Metcalfe but checking his YT channel it's still being restored.  
    https://www.youtube.com/c/Harrysgarage 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    SWMBO's Audi Q5 warranty expired yesterday and there were zero calls about her warranty expiring.  It's some kind of miracle.
    Options
    SWMBO's Audi Q5 warranty expired yesterday and there were zero calls about her warranty expiring.  It's some kind of miracle.

im still getting those calls for my 89 dakota but not for the rover.  somethings trying to tell me something but i cant seem to put a finger on it
    fukahwee maine

• Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Wait until you get those calls 4 years after you have sold the vehicle.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,036
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Exotic for our non-North American Crowd (F450) ....

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Exotic for our non-North American Crowd (F450) ....

Fair enough. 
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,420
    Options
    Gotta love it when the dually running may-pop tires with offsets to make them fit.