Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - For Car Lovers: Some Recent Exotic Spottings

Comments

• Wtf guys I’m just messing around! 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Is that a pup @botch hard to make out I can’t zoom in..
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    Okay all you high rollers-time to take and post pics of those garage queens and get this thread back on topic.    B)
    Neighbourhood sightings encouraged as well.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Langner91 said:
    My Dad got a new toy.  Not exotic, but a real survivor. 

He had a white 1961 Galaxie just like this one when he met my mom in 1965.  This one is very clean and in pretty nice shape.  44,000 original miles.

I do like a Galaxie, especially the wagon.
  • GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,183
    edited September 2021
    @dbCooper: Love it! Thanks for sharing.

Must say… makes me wonder if we have other members holding out on us. 

This is a callout for all of you who haven’t yet revealed your sweet whips. You know who you are!!! Now show us the money!
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    Did get notification that my wife’s new Bronco slated for build in early December….so there’s that. Will snap a pic of my dad’s 1973 Formula 455 when I go to his house. Me and my siblings will be fighting over it when he’s gone
  • @dbCooper: Love it! Thanks for sharing.

This is a callout for all of you who haven’t yet revealed your sweet whips. You know who you are!!! Now show us the money!
    I’d share a pic of my Veyron….but it’s in the shop.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • WeberWho said:
    @dbCooper: Love it! Thanks for sharing.

I’d share a pic of my Veyron….but it’s in the shop.

You know how I know that’s not mine?  Because it’s parked next to another car.  And it’s not in the shop.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    @dbCooper- That is one sweet ride.  How often do you roll the tires and drop the top?  Bonus for the third pedal.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    When I was active in the Porsche club....this is a club member's house.   And he's outside the good levees.

Wow @nolaegghead. Badass collection 
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,061
    edited September 2021
    lousubcap said:
    @dbCooper- That is one sweet ride.  How often do you roll the tires and drop the top?  Bonus for the third pedal.  
    Weather dependent, try to enjoy at least monthly driving, Apr.-Oct.  I've taken it from 53k miles to 78k, but miles driven/year has gone down with time.  Top down is the preference, I'd say it's down 50% of the time.
    *sad to see the third pedal largely disappearing.  

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • lousubcap
    edited October 2021
    dbCooper said:
    lousubcap said:
    Weather dependent, try to enjoy at least monthly driving, Apr.-Oct.  I've taken it from 53k miles to 78k, but miles driven/year has gone down with time.  Top down is the preference, I'd say it's down 50% of the time.

Much appreciate the info.  Glad you get it out and about as that would be a total waste under cover in a garage.  Hopefully climate change is not the down driver in miles/year  =)  Go forth and enjoy even more.  
    Edit: Given the vintage I'm guessing it can go quite a distance before you use a battery tender.  But no chance for the 6 months.    =)
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,061
    lousubcap said:
    dbCooper said:
    lousubcap said:

Much appreciate the info.  Glad you get it out and about as that would be a total waste under cover in a garage.  Hopefully climate change is not the down driver in miles/year  =)  Go forth and enjoy even more.  
    Edit: Given the vintage I'm guessing it can go quite a distance before you use a battery tender.  But no chance for the 6 months.    =)

Always believed non-use can be the hardest use of a car, need to exercise the mechanicals.  😁   I do use a battery tender year around, along with a disconnect switch.  Only "off" draw is the analog clock (which does not work).  Takes but a couple minutes to swap in/out, so I do it.  Ancient tender and Optima Battery, both still going strong.   🙂

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • @ColbyLang  how’s your wife’s honker doing? And what bronco trim package did you order? Hard or soft top? Curious 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• ColbyLang
    edited October 2021
    @ColbyLang  how’s your wife’s honker doing? And what bronco trim package did you order? Hard or soft top? Curious 
    Honker almost back to 100%, way better than she was pre surgery…thanks for asking!

Bronco is a 4 door soft top Outer Banks edition. Soft top as my inside scoop told me hard tops are what is delaying production. We’ll add the hard top once they become readily available at the dealership 
  • Glad to hear @ColbyLang! That bronco is going to be awesome!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• ColbyLang
    @alaskanassasin, just heard from my buddy that owns the dealership. Our build week of 12/6 is the final build out for 2021 for Ford. We could potentially have it before 2022. We were initially told July 2022. 
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Looks like someone took a newer charger and chopped it up to look like a rampage. 

Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    That's weird.  Chargers have four doors.  There was some serious work done to that.  

I kinda like it!
    Clinton, Iowa
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    edited October 2021
    Langner91 said:
    That's weird.  Chargers have four doors.  There was some serious work done to that.  

I kinda like it!
    It appears to be a Smyth Kit. 

https://www.smythkitcars.com/charger-ute
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Porsche 718, which I find beautiful.  Excellent proportion and design.

And a very clean Citroen

I've not seen an SM driving in the wild for years, great spot and a fabulous car.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Eoin said:
    Porsche 718, which I find beautiful.  Excellent proportion and design.

And a very clean Citroen

I've not seen an SM driving in the wild for years, great spot and a fabulous car.
    People drop the Maserati Merac engine in the SM, I read.  Car is nearly perfect except for "adequate" acceleration.  Hard to believe the SM is around 3200 pounds.