Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - For Car Lovers: Some Recent Exotic Spottings

Comments

• This morning a local douchey real estate agent felt he didn't need to wait in the line to drop his kids off at school in his fancypants white Ferrari so he skipped ahead of about 40 cars and pulled in right behind me at the front cutting another guy off. Sorry no pics but I think it was a 458 like this one

Almost nothing worse than someone who thinks the rules doesn’t apply to them. Guess his time is more important than everyone else’s. Kinda burns you up until you realize that this guy is the sum of his behaviour and actions. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    This morning a local douchey real estate agent felt he didn't need to wait in the line to drop his kids off at school in his fancypants white Ferrari so he skipped ahead of about 40 cars and pulled in right behind me at the front cutting another guy off. Sorry no pics but I think it was a 458 like this one

Almost nothing worse than someone who thinks the rules doesn’t apply to them. Guess his time is more important than everyone else’s. Kinda burns you up until you realize that this guy is the sum of his behaviour and actions. 
    Wise, and somehow this all seems familiar, except where you'd expect scorn you have adulation. Can't put my finger on what or who for some reason...hmmm

A lot to unpack there.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • nolaegghead
    "how can a loving god cause such agony?"  LOL
    I knew that you would appreciate that one.  You like religious jokes about as much as Scottie likes anus.  There's another joke in there, somewhere, but it's probably too offensive for the forum.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,428
    Crew Cab Volkswagen Pickup.

I don’t think it was a Volkswagen, but I once saw a van that was cut-down into a pickup, but then they added a topper!  WTF was the point??

This pic does make me smile, in Albuquerque I owned a’77 VW bus, freshly-painted in white (the wheels weren’t near as sexy).  I miss that thing!

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• It is German….. price tag falls in the exotic range.

https://youtu.be/uWu4aynBK7E
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    I bit- @GrateEggspectations - well played.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,428
    Speaking of pricey German machinery...

https://youtu.be/4cL_oY3TT_Q

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

Stems look a bit green still.  I saw a JD X9 at the Farm Science Review today, I think they are around $1,000,000 without the heads but you know what they say if you have to ask you can't afford it.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• I was going to take a picture but it was crawling with people like when the zombies attack a car on the walking dead.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• nolaegghead

Or this....

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota

Stems look a bit green still.  I saw a JD X9 at the Farm Science Review today, I think they are around $1,000,000 without the heads but you know what they say if you have to ask you can't afford it.
    This was at a cooperators field, he wanted to run beans, so they do. Moisture was anywhere from 10-18% in some very green spots.  They got a lot of crops to get to so they keep moving.

I have yet to see an X9 closer than from the road.  Price tag on any of the class 10 machines is steep.
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,061
    I really enjoy when this Car thread diverges to Agriculture Implements.  Nice for a lot of reasons that go back to younger days.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • lousubcap
    @dbCooper - If this thread reverted to my younger days there wouldn't be any posts!  =)  I really enjoy the broad spectrum of finely tuned machines, independent of the application that are posted here.  It has great and much appreciated entertainment value.
    Keep 'em coming !
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Langner91 said:
    It is German….. price tag falls in the exotic range.

I make the chains and augers in that bad-boy.  Beautiful machine.  Been following the development through all of the phases of production.  

I know a particular young egghead engineer (actually a forum member's daughter) who gets to play with green tractors every day. I believe she was working at that factory (Harvester Works) when the Grizzly was rolling out.  With COVID, they haven't had factory tours, so I haven't seen them put one together on the line, yet.
    That is awesome I am sure you know what we do to your chains and augers every day and know we simply could not operate without them. It took me a hour to explain to my sister that augers can move things aren’t just for digging holes.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

This was at a cooperators field, he wanted to run beans, so they do. Moisture was anywhere from 10-18% in some very green spots.  They got a lot of crops to get to so they keep moving.

I have yet to see an X9 closer than from the road.  Price tag on any of the class 10 machines is steep.
    You can’t tell these guys with millions of dollars in farm equipment anything.   

There is a guy to the south of me with 3 x9 combines, I hope he stays down there, I already have enough neighbors with big toys without that convoy showing up.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    edited September 2021
    lousubcap said:
    @dbCooper - If this thread reverted to my younger days there wouldn't be any posts!  =)  I really enjoy the broad spectrum of finely tuned machines, independent of the application that are posted here.  It has great and much appreciated entertainment value.
    Keep 'em coming !
    Did your dad let you take the chariot to the colosseum?
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Ozzie_Isaac

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Do not know what this is, but saw it get delivered today.

• lousubcap
    @Ozzie_Isaac - I  am confident I know of the general area where you live but you are now competing with @GrateEggspectations for the " I have no idea how these exotics just seem to appear in my neighbourhood (nod)."  =)
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381

You must live very close to a lot of folks with excess Canadian Dollars to burn….nice car
  • ColbyLang said:

You must live very close to a lot of folks with excess Canadian Dollars to burn….nice car
    I was just trying to see @Ozzie_Isaac on his latest entry. Though to be fair, this one is a Turbo. 😋😋

Must be all the government handouts taking people out of the projects and making them overnight millionaires. Or so I’ve read.