Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,733
    Getting the inside of the house painted today. Lived here 2 years and wifey has been nagging since the day we moved in. Why do home builders use the crappiest dead flat paint? It would barely cost them more money to use an eggshell or satin paint and obviously it would probably increase the cost of a home a couple hundred $$ but it looks way better and I think would be a good selling point.

flat paint hides the defects from the mud job
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Getting the inside of the house painted today. Lived here 2 years and wifey has been nagging since the day we moved in. Why do home builders use the crappiest dead flat paint? It would barely cost them more money to use an eggshell or satin paint and obviously it would probably increase the cost of a home a couple hundred $$ but it looks way better and I think would be a good selling point.

Ahh good to know.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• fishlessman
    Getting the inside of the house painted today. Lived here 2 years and wifey has been nagging since the day we moved in. Why do home builders use the crappiest dead flat paint? It would barely cost them more money to use an eggshell or satin paint and obviously it would probably increase the cost of a home a couple hundred $$ but it looks way better and I think would be a good selling point.

Ahh good to know.

you will notice it on big areas mostly like big long ceilings if theres any shine to the paint. walls are broken up, windows, doors etc and can stand up to a little gloss
    fukahwee maine

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,416

Ahh good to know.

you will notice it on big areas mostly like big long ceilings if theres any shine to the paint. walls are broken up, windows, doors etc and can stand up to a little gloss
    Amen to this. We had the “A” team install our drywall and the “D” team float and finish. Ceilings look like absolute dog sh*t in the living room and the kitchen. I personally sprayed every ceiling in the house. Pisses me off daily. 
  • ColbyLang said:

Ahh good to know.

Amen to this. We had the “A” team install our drywall and the “D” team float and finish. Ceilings look like absolute dog sh*t in the living room and the kitchen. I personally sprayed every ceiling in the house. Pisses me off daily. 
    That is why I am reluctant to take off the popcorn on my ceilings. I would probably have to turn around and hire someone to reflect them.
  • fishlessman
    ColbyLang said:

Ahh good to know.

my living room is fairly large, 14 x 27 foot with a dog leg over looking the lake for more windows. got a bad batch of bahr paint for the ceiling which took weeks to dry and added defects to the float job areas bubbling out tape in places etc.  next time im going with a light textured sand paint. the sun light reflecting off the lake makes it even worse. probably not many notice it but it pisses me off.
    fukahwee maine

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Also many people like to add their own colors and end up painting anyways so its a waste. 
  • Lit
    Wish I could afford meat but sadly cant anymore. I remember when I used to be middle class and could buy a brisket every once in awhile. Sadly they are $100 even at costco now. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Flat paint hides imperfections better than eggshell or satin.

Flat paint hides imperfections better than eggshell or satin.

Also, flat paint is a great primer for anything you put on top of it.  The glossier the paint, the worse job it does sticking to the new paint.

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,416
    Just arrived:

Sent one as a thank you to a friend (wife’s ent that did her sinus surgery). He got his today as well. Called me thanking me profusely….my goodies came in yesterday…
  • ColbyLang said:
    Just arrived:

Sent one as a thank you to a friend (wife’s ent that did her sinus surgery). He got his today as well. Called me thanking me profusely….my goodies came in yesterday…
    Yep.  Picked up a belly and a bone-in ribeye as well.  Can’t wait.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765

Vantop - HF610T 10" 2.5K Front and Rear Mirror Dash Cam

aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Lit
    Just arrived:

Man i remember when i could afford to buy those to grind for smash burgers. With all this inflation cant do that anymore. Any ideas on grilling ramen? Wonder how the poor people this administration made all those promises to are eating now?
  • nolaegghead
    Poor, poor Low-class Lit....crying a river.   Very sad.  Yes.  Sad.
    Maybe you could afford more meat if you weren't dropping >$700 on a fire pit.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,505
    Lit said:
    Ended up just getting it all.
    It's a necessity for grilling ramen.
    canuckland
  • Lit said:
    LOL I just spit my sweet tea out at lunch. Hahaha

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Lit
    Lit said:
    Maybe $700 before. Biden pricing now.
  • Lit
    Lit said:
    I really do feel bad for all the poors that bought into that democratic garbage. They cant even afford to eat anymore.
  • Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Oh, I figured since you were pinching pennies you went with the smallest version, which is what i priced out.  My bad.  You went all out.  Guess things aren't as bad for you as you want us to believe.
  • nolaegghead
    They must be reeeaaallll bad.  Someone posted this:

Lit said:
    Lit said:
    Oh, I figured since you were pinching pennies you went with the smallest version, which is what i priced out.  My bad.  You went all out.  Guess things aren't as bad for you as you want us to believe.
    Spent $475 at costco yesterday and my fridge is still half empty. Only meat I got
    was ground turkey. Briskets were $80 and up and the 3 packs of ribs that used to be $20-25 are now $50 and up. I make well into 6 figures and cant bring myself to spend that kind of money on meat. Feel bad for the people making minimum wage that cant afford any meat now. 
  • nolaegghead
    crocodile tears crocodile tears everywhere - X X Everywhere  Meme  Generator
    Its all them poors that voted democrat realizing they got
    taken once again.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,607
    Lit said:
    Its all them poors that voted democrat realizing they got
    taken once again.
    That must be it.

Why have meat prices gone up relative to the election?