Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Comments

• Bought this gizmo on impulse, like new condition, couldn't resist it at twelve loonies. Anyone knows anything about it?  :)

B

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Cannabutter would be my vote. If I was retired and lived in a legal state of course. 
    Snellville, GA

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,452
    Cannabutter would be my vote. If I was retired and lived in a legal state of course. 
    Ummmm, I'm retired and live in a legal country  =)
    canuckland
  • My thoughts exactly! Keep us posted, if you can remember!!
    Snellville, GA

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,452
    My thoughts exactly! Keep us posted, if you can remember!!
    Down the road we may need it for 'natural' painkiller.
    canuckland
  • Legume said:
    I scanned the website, I get the name now.  It’s meant for making edibles.
    Stay away from @Canugghead’s table at the bake sale, folks. 🙃
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102

I feel like Jack Byrnes when Greg tries to tell him that “Puff the Magic Dragon” is actually not a song about a kid’s dragon.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    You bidet lovers will want to get in on this action.

https://www.dealnews.com/products/TOTO/Toto-Portable-Travel-Washlet/251762.html
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I'm glad there wasn't a demo video...
    Waterpik on steroid?
    canuckland
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,662
    PigBeanUs said:
    SonVolt said:
    That ones 32" which is probably too big. I'm thinking 24" would be the sweet spot for me. 

the pan throws me, it looks flat, not slightly concave and it isnt dimpled to hold the grease along the bottom under the rice. not an expert on these but thats what ive seen
    Jesus, fish. Aren’t you an expert in metals and heating and stuff?

the dimpling keeps the otherwise thin metal from deforming and going convex. Broscientists may have come up with the grease thing, but there’s no grease in paella that needs to be coddled. 

JohninCarolina will walk you through it if you need him to. He’s a materials guy. 

flat an non-dimpled is a pizza pan, dont need a federally funded grant to figure  out the difference between the two types of pans
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    edited September 2021

I got a pillow from The Man in the Brown Shorts* (I don’t know how to add a trademark thingie on my iPad yet).  It’s an iPad support pillow; I bought the biggest one on Amazoid, but it still doesn’t cover my lap. I’ll finish this ona reg keybard

EDIT:. This has been an interesting two weeks, learning how to use an iPad.  I now have a “Brydge” keyboard cover which sorta makes my iPad into a laptop (keyboard plus touchpad), but its a bit wonky (types so nice, though).  The REALLY frustrating thing for me is that “gestures” on the iPad’s screen, and on the Brydge case, AND on my old MacBook Air, are all slightly different, and its quite confusing.  Since detaching the Brydge yesterday, I’ve gotten more familiar with pure “pad” gestures, but then learned that some things you can do with an Apple Pencil, other things you need to use your fingers.  I’ll get it, eventually.  Argh.
    The pillow thingie, although still too small, doesn’t slide around in my lap, and for twenty-something dollars was probably worth it.  
    I was expecting the battery life of the iPad to be a day or two (I don’t use it constantly, maybe 15% of my waking hours) but I’ve had to recharge it often.  The 12.9” Pro is the only iPad with Apple’s “mini-LED” screen (which I understand is between HD and OLED in clarity) so that might suck a bit more juice; I am surprised at how I can read small print on this thing so much better than on my old MacBook Air, even with a smaller screen (maybe my eyes aren’t quite as shot as I thought).  
    I could live with this as my entertainment/living-room/surf/travel ‘putter, but I still think a 16” MacBook (still not announced) would work a bit better.  I’ll know more in a month or two, when it, and its price, are announced.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Ozzie_Isaac

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,660
    Legume said:
    I scanned the website, I get the name now.  It’s meant for making edibles.
    Stay away from @Canugghead’s table at the bake sale, folks. 🙃
    or not! 😂🤣

A truly breathtaking piece of art. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Ozzie_Isaac

A truly breathtaking piece of art. 
    They have so many cool options.  It is hard to choose.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    billt01 said:
    when you have 550 fence poles to drive into the border of 40 acres.

Nice machine, I was hoping to see an auger, not a side by side!
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,523
    edited September 2021
    ColbyLang said:
    billt01 said:
    when you have 550 fence poles to drive into the border of 40 acres.

Nice machine, I was hoping to see an auger, not a side by side!
    not getting too cute on the posts, but the 3/8's galvanized t-posts which used go for ~2-3 bucks each are now running between 5-7.

no chip shortage there...

and what once could be stood up for ~90 bucks a sq ft, now running >200.

Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Steel is high right now for a variety of reasons. Don't it expect these insane prices to last much longer. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,523
    SonVolt said:
    Steel is high right now for a variety of reasons. Don't it expect these insane prices to last much longer
    if only that was a definitive term.

I'm just glad its not slowing my progress...
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    An entire new AC system for my Ford Excursion.  Desiccant container ruptured contaminating the entire system.  Front and rear getting removed and replaced.  Also a new steering gearbox to take the slop out. I am not eggcited to see the bill.  The dealer has had the truck for 3 weeks.  Ford doesn't make some of the AC parts anymore and aftermarket sources were used.   
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Quoted $2,000 to replace my failed F150's sunroof. Think I'm just going pass and keep it closed from now on.
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • Just bought ten yards of topsoil to spread around late next week. A simple offering to the grass gods. 
  • Just bought ten yards of topsoil to spread around late next week. A simple offering to the grass gods. 
    How are you planning on spreading it?  I keep kicking around the idea of one of these to use for amending / maintaining the acre of clay we've got, but it would definitely be an occasional use item with a decent footprint in the shed:

Not associated with this company in any way:

https://landzie.com/product-category/landzie/landzie-spreaders/

Part of me also wants to say &%$# it and just seed it all in clover...
    Indianapolis, IN
  • jones2289 said:
    Just bought ten yards of topsoil to spread around late next week. A simple offering to the grass gods. 
    How are you planning on spreading it?  I keep kicking around the idea of one of these to use for amending / maintaining the acre of clay we've got, but it would definitely be an occasional use item with a decent footprint in the shed:

Not associated with this company in any way:

https://landzie.com/product-category/landzie/landzie-spreaders/

Part of me also wants to say &%$# it and just seed it all in clover...
    With a shovel, wheelbarrow and rake. Last week, I spread one yard without breaking a sweat. While this is way more volume, I plan to do it quickly and indiscriminately.
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    so I can find my truck in a big parking lot!  =)

aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,167
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Getting the inside of the house painted today. Lived here 2 years and wifey has been nagging since the day we moved in. Why do home builders use the crappiest dead flat paint? It would barely cost them more money to use an eggshell or satin paint and obviously it would probably increase the cost of a home a couple hundred $$ but it looks way better and I think would be a good selling point.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.