Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

O.T. Commercial Mixer Suggestions?

A friend of mine needs to grow her bakery. She's using a commercial kitchen that she rents right now but needs a bigger mixer. She's looking for a capacious (perhaps 20 quarts or more) quality commercial-duty mixer. Any suggestions?
She bakes crackers and desserts and a bit of sourdough bread. Her crackers are addicting. I always have some in stock now.
Fullstopbakery.com if you're interested -- she ships and the crackers keep well. The chocolate biscotti, which might not be on the slightly-out-of-date website but can be ordered, is also great.
Thanks!
Somewhere on the Colorado Front Range

Comments

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    Anything Hobart .....check Craigslist 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    pinging @ColbyLang .

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    Hobart definitely the end all be all in her size operation. Make em all the way up to 140 qt size set ups I think. Multiple bowls easily attained. Many used equipment options. Check out bakeryequipment.com or even envoy bakery equipment. Hobarts should be very readily available
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    I'll echo what is said above. Her safest bet is Hobart. Hobart most likely will have parts readily available when something comes up. I believe Hobart also has their own service techs. 

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Every time I hear/read Hobart I think of a friend’s pizza biz and his MONSTER Hobart “mixer” that he said weighed 1,100 pounds! He always said if the pizza biz went down he could go back to being a bricklayer with that monster! 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Corv
    Corv Posts: 359
    Thanks everyone, this has been very helpful.
    Somewhere on the Colorado Front Range
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    RRP said:
    Every time I hear/read Hobart I think of a friend’s pizza biz and his MONSTER Hobart “mixer” that he said weighed 1,100 pounds! He always said if the pizza biz went down he could go back to being a bricklayer with that monster! 
    That’s small @RRP. My mixers are 1200# dough capacity. Heavy ain’t the word
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    ColbyLang said:
    RRP said:
    That’s small @RRP. My mixers are 1200# dough capacity. Heavy ain’t the word
    I sure never meant to get into a Hobart weight p*ssin contest! BUT it looks like YOU win FOR SURE!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.