Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    lkapigian said:
    Enjoying some smoked scotch eggs and cider 

Bombdiggity Scotch Eggs right there! , I don't like seeing them " Hard Boiled " perfect yolks on those ...........speaking of which, where has @theyolksonyou been 
    Jason is active on the butt blast SMS (text) group daily with a bunch of other eggers that don't login much anymore.

maybe he will make the trip to BC
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lkapigian said:
    Enjoying some smoked scotch eggs and cider 

Bombdiggity Scotch Eggs right there! , I don't like seeing them " Hard Boiled " perfect yolks on those ...........speaking of which, where has @theyolksonyou been 
    Haha thanks. The trick is to par cook the eggs then immerse them in ice cold water. This is the full recipe:

https://thecooksdigest.co.uk/2017/09/08/smoked-scotch-eggs/
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

• Just saw these online. 

Have you been cooking again, @Mickey?

(In case you were wondering, these were reportedly apple pie, ribs and pizza.)

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Crap. Taking my wings and going home @Great_EGGspectations
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    @GrateEggspectations- foiled again by your alter ego!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    FML...
    Yes. It happens more than you’d think. Might be time for a new handle. @lousubcapn has a nice ring to it, don’t ya think? 😉

I had seen @Mickey’s post and wondered whether he might have seen my earlier rant and might have been toying with me.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    FML...
    Ha!  Whatchadoin?
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • nolaegghead
    My 16" MBP turned into a brick.  I took the cover off to reset the battery connection.  It didn't help.
    If anyone here is a major Mac tech nerd, PM me.  I have tried everything.  Will not charge.  Zero response to any boot attempt. Nothing.
    My 16" MBP turned into a brick.  I took the cover off to reset the battery connection.  It didn't help.
    I watched the big Apple event on Tuesday, Lotsa iPhone and Watch updates but the 14"/16" Macbook Pros weren't announced yet.  
    You've already dug further into your issue than I ever could; good luck!

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• nolaegghead
    Botch said:
    I watched the big Apple event on Tuesday, Lotsa iPhone and Watch updates but the 14"/16" Macbook Pros weren't announced yet.  
    You've already dug further into your issue than I ever could; good luck!
    I refuse to buy another Intel Mac.  The M2 will be out in the 16" MBP early next year.  They should have an OLED screen shortly thereafter. 
    edited September 2021
    If anyone here is a major Mac tech nerd, PM me.  I have tried everything.  Will not charge.  Zero response to any boot attempt. Nothing.
    If you have info on the hard drive that’s not backed up anywhere else, you could try putting the drive into a portable enclosure or dock to pull off your information.
    Do you get a charge light indicator or anything when you plug in your charger?
    This is going to sound stupid but check to make sure your charging cable is actually seating properly. The connection is magnetic. I had a tiny piece of a metal staple stuck in mine and it would not let it charge. Went completely dead brick before I figured out the problem.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • nolaegghead
    Photo Egg said:
    If you have info on the hard drive that’s not backed up anywhere else, you could try putting the drive into a portable enclosure or dock to pull off your information.
    Do you get a charge light indicator or anything when you plug in your charger?
    This is going to sound stupid but check to make sure your charging cable is actually seating properly. The connection is magnetic. I had a tiny piece of a metal staple stuck in mine and it would not let it charge. Went completely dead brick before I figured out the problem.
    I tried 2 different chargers, each with 2 different cables.  No magsafe, uses USB c.  No hard drive, SSD soldered on board.  No lights, beeps, screen activity at all, tried every type of reset including the SMC (controls basic functions like charging, basically the "brain stem" of the system.  Zero response.  Pulled case apart and disconnected/reconnected battery.

Maybe 18 months old, costs $2500.  I'm probably going to need a $1000 MB. Only one board in it as far as I can tell.  Sucks.

I'll see if my work will pay to get it fixed, otherwise I'll demand a new laptop from them and just put a new MB in myself.  Also, this happened at the worst time, I've been working on some major company-wide issues, direct impact on $300 M/year revenue runs through my stuff.
    I'm not as concerned about the data on it as the setup.  Most of my work is on servers/clouds/services.  I usually keep everything backup on a SAN (Drobo) here at the house, but like an idiot I don't remember the PW.  I've done complete restores from the backup there before.  Good thing I have my old Mac.
    I am not a Apple nerd, just offering some basic troubleshooting ideas. 
    Have you tried powering up with battery disconnected, to rule out a bad battery?
    Can you get volt meter probes to the power supply section on the MB?  If so, identify where the external power attaches to the MB, then trace to the internal voltage regulators.  Measure voltages at the inputs and outputs of the regulators. 
    If those all check out a new MB is likely the most viable solution.
    If you find no voltage at input(s) to the VR's there may be a fusible device that has opened. Errant voltage at an output is possibly a bad filter capacitor.
    I may be able to help with some component identification if need be.
    Caveat:
    - Tracing out and repairing multi-level boards with surface mount devices is a major challenge.  They are just not designed for component level repair.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,849

Transfers are done, no more internationals for a while and the European matches have started.  Still early days but things start to get real now. Sell your antique skillets and mortgage your Blackstones then get down the betting shop with these stone cold certain bankers.

Tonight 

Newcastle v Leeds : tricky times for both right now.  The Toon are in turmoil and their guests have just not got going.  Lots of pressure for one boss and none for the other despite their meagre points tallies. I foresee a Toon implosion 0-3.

Saturday

Wolves V Bentford : the new boys have found the going getting harder with each week and meet a Wolves side that are now showing signs of life.  I fear a life-lesson awaits for the Bees as they run out fo ideas losing 1-0.

Burnley v Arsenal : 18th host 16th and it’s more interesting than it sounds.  Scratchy win for the Gunners last time out but no benevolence will be on offer from the Clarets. 1-0 home win sees the Arsenal owners flicking through the ‘managers for hire’ rolodex and weighing up when to pull the level.  A Gunners win sees that decision deferred for one week only.

Liverpool v Palace : Oh dear, it’s happened.  Palace smash Spurs and now think we can take on all comers.  We will lose 3-0 to Liverpool,  we always do.  Any less than that is a moral victory.  Liverpool did play mid-week in Europe and have injuries, plus VVD is not quite back to his imperious best, but……

Man City v Southampton : Despite the earlier slip-up Citeh are just too strong for almost all teams.  They’ll have no issues at home to the stuttering Saints. 3-0

Norwich v Watford : Battle of the relegation hopefuls and if the hosts get nothing this time then when will they?  A home win will temporarily mix things up a bit - but really this is just a single step on the long path down. My avowed loathing of the Hornets causes me to go 1-0.

Aston Villa v Everton : I don’t think Villa are all that and the Toffees are flying.  0-2.

Derby v Stoke : slam-dunk here for @Eoin Potters.  The championship calamity club will offer little resistance and the dream stays alive. 0-2.

Sunday

Brighton v Leicester : Media darlings to some, hateful bin dippers to others - the filthy Seagull’s easy start has seen them disproportionately elevated in the table. ‘Similar to Leicester (the former PL champions) and ‘claiming a European place’ is some of the total hog wash that’s been written.  0-2 - know your place. Agent Vardy, do that thing you do. 

West Ham v Man Utd : The Hammers have stumbled and star turn Antonio is banned following a red card last week.  The obscene levels of fan-boying over Ronaldo continues at nauseating levels.  1-2.

Spurs v Chelsea : the early high tide has ebbed for Spurs. No-one is more livid than Sir Harry of Kane who could have been living his best life at Man City, rotating amongst fellow super-stars.  Instead he’s in with the ‘who?’ brigade because of Spurs’ injury and suspension lists. 0-2

Let the flags roll in....

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,668
    FML...

hit it with something, then see if it turns on
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    CPFC1905 said:

Transfers are done, no more internationals for a while and the European matches have started.  Still early days but things start to get real now. Sell your antique skillets and mortgage your Blackstones then get down the betting shop with these stone cold certain bankers. (Love this)

Tonight 

Newcastle v Leeds : tricky times for both right now.  The Toon are in turmoil and their guests have just not got going.  Lots of pressure for one boss and none for the other despite their meagre points tallies. I foresee a Toon implosion 0-3. Leeds defense isn't that good.  Actually, their offense isn't that good either.  But they'll still win 1-2.

Saturday

Wolves V Bentford : the new boys have found the going getting harder with each week and meet a Wolves side that are now showing signs of life.  I fear a life-lesson awaits for the Bees as they run out fo ideas losing 1-0.

Burnley v Arsenal : 18th host 16th and it’s more interesting than it sounds.  Scratchy win for the Gunners last time out but no benevolence will be on offer from the Clarets. 1-0 home win sees the Arsenal owners flicking through the ‘managers for hire’ rolodex and weighing up when to pull the level.  A Gunners win sees that decision deferred for one week only.  I have no idea what to think of this match.  Part of me keeps thinking "They're still Arsenal" and "Arteta sure seems like he knows what he's doing - maybe he just needs more time." - but when I watch them play those thoughts leave my head pretty quickly.

Liverpool v Palace : Oh dear, it’s happened.  Palace smash Spurs and now think we can take on all comers.  We will lose 3-0 to Liverpool,  we always do.  Any less than that is a moral victory.  Liverpool did play mid-week in Europe and have injuries, plus VVD is not quite back to his imperious best, but……  Yep. Sorry.

Man City v Southampton : Despite the earlier slip-up Citeh are just too strong for almost all teams.  They’ll have no issues at home to the stuttering Saints. 3-0

Norwich v Watford : Battle of the relegation hopefuls and if the hosts get nothing this time then when will they?  A home win will temporarily mix things up a bit - but really this is just a single step on the long path down. My avowed loathing of the Hornets causes me to go 1-0.

Aston Villa v Everton : I don’t think Villa are all that and the Toffees are flying.  0-2.

Derby v Stoke : slam-dunk here for @Eoin Potters.  The championship calamity club will offer little resistance and the dream stays alive. 0-2.  Normally, I read the prediction for the Stoke match and I think "there's nothing to see here" and keep on reading.  But this week I figure if I can't care about a team managed by Wayne Rooney playing against a team that used to have Peter Crouch (I'm 6'6" and when I play soccer/football I play a lot like him - only no good (or goals) ever comes of it...), then I'm never going to care about a Stoke contest while they are in a lower division.  Turns out that is probably the case... although I've made a note that I need to follow this match out of respect for @Eoin as he has always been pleasant when we meet on Zoom.

Sunday

Brighton v Leicester : Media darlings to some, hateful bin dippers to others - the filthy Seagull’s easy start has seen them disproportionately elevated in the table. ‘Similar to Leicester (the former PL champions) and ‘claiming a European place’ is some of the total hog wash that’s been written.  0-2 - know your place. Agent Vardy, do that thing you do. 

West Ham v Man Utd : The Hammers have stumbled and star turn Antonio is banned following a red card last week.  The obscene levels of fan-boying over Ronaldo continues at nauseating levels.  1-2.  I don't see West Ham scoring without Antonio and catching Man U on the rebound of a humbling loss would be a challenge for any team.  I'll go with 0-3, with the understanding that they aren't as good as they will look on Sunday and they aren't as bad as they looked earlier this week.

Spurs v Chelsea : the early high tide has ebbed for Spurs. No-one is more livid than Sir Harry of Kane who could have been living his best life at Man City, rotating amongst fellow super-stars.  Instead he’s in with the ‘who?’ brigade because of Spurs’ injury and suspension lists. 0-2

Love this.  Thanks for posting as always.  Comments in bold above.

P.S. @CPFC1905, if you find my nitpicky comments about your well thought out and humourously worded predictions to be annoying or insulting in any way please let me know.  And yes, humourously was spelt that way intentionally.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• CPFC1905
    edited September 2021
    @Foghorn
    All fair, reasonable and balanced comments.  Except the one about @Eoin  He's very different in the flesh let me assure you.  It's the lack of protein in his diet.  =)   Tangentially I held back on the Rooney comments, but he can be just a tad hapless can't he?  Trouble just seems too find him......
    I shall inform the Queen about your respect for her language and specifically the letter u. 
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Foghorn said:
    CPFC1905 said:

Transfers are done, no more internationals for a while and the European matches have started.  Still early days but things start to get real now. Sell your antique skillets and mortgage your Blackstones then get down the betting shop with these stone cold certain bankers. (Love this)

Tonight 

Newcastle v Leeds : tricky times for both right now.  The Toon are in turmoil and their guests have just not got going.  Lots of pressure for one boss and none for the other despite their meagre points tallies. I foresee a Toon implosion 0-3. Leeds defense isn't that good.  Actually, their offense isn't that good either.  But they'll still win 1-2.

Saturday

Burnley v Arsenal : 18th host 16th and it’s more interesting than it sounds.  Scratchy win for the Gunners last time out but no benevolence will be on offer from the Clarets. 1-0 home win sees the Arsenal owners flicking through the ‘managers for hire’ rolodex and weighing up when to pull the level.  A Gunners win sees that decision deferred for one week only.  I have no idea what to think of this match.  Part of me keeps thinking "They're still Arsenal" and "Arteta sure seems like he knows what he's doing - maybe he just needs more time." - but when I watch them play those thoughts leave my head pretty quickly.

Liverpool v Palace : Oh dear, it’s happened.  Palace smash Spurs and now think we can take on all comers.  We will lose 3-0 to Liverpool,  we always do.  Any less than that is a moral victory.  Liverpool did play mid-week in Europe and have injuries, plus VVD is not quite back to his imperious best, but……  Yep. Sorry.

Derby v Stoke : slam-dunk here for @Eoin Potters.  The championship calamity club will offer little resistance and the dream stays alive. 0-2.  Normally, I read the prediction for the Stoke match and I think "there's nothing to see here" and keep on reading.  But this week I figure if I can't care about a team managed by Wayne Rooney playing against a team that used to have Peter Crouch (I'm 6'6" and when I play soccer/football I play a lot like him - only no good (or goals) ever comes of it...), then I'm never going to care about a Stoke contest while they are in a lower division.  Turns out that is probably the case... although I've made a note that I need to follow this match out of respect for @Eoin as he has always been pleasant when we meet on Zoom.

Sunday

West Ham v Man Utd : The Hammers have stumbled and star turn Antonio is banned following a red card last week.  The obscene levels of fan-boying over Ronaldo continues at nauseating levels.  1-2.  I don't see West Ham scoring without Antonio and catching Man U on the rebound of a humbling loss would be a challenge for any team.  I'll go with 0-3, with the understanding that they aren't as good as they will look on Sunday and they aren't as bad as they looked earlier this week.

Love this.  Thanks for posting as always.  Comments in bold above.

P.S. @CPFC1905, if you find my nitpicky comments about your well thought out and humourously worded predictions to be annoying or insulting in any way please let me know.  And yes, humourously was spelt that way intentionally.
    You missed out on the mid-week match against Barnsley. Entertaining football where Stoke should have put 6 in the net if it weren't for an in form keeper and a touch line punch up between the coaching staff at the end.
  • CPFC1905
    Eoin said:
    Foghorn said:

You missed out on the mid-week match against Barnsley. Entertaining football where Stoke should have put 6 in the net if it weren't for an in form keeper and a touch line punch up between the coaching staff at the end.
    Yep - a display of supreme skill and athleticism. And then a typical man-fight where they all try to avoid punching until their mates arrive to hold them back and then appear to try hard to go for each other.  ‘You would’ve had him easy - but I didn’t want you getting in bother’. ‘Yeah.  I could have had him but you’re a good mate’…….  
    Women fighting, though that’s another story😁
  • Foghorn
    CPFC1905 said:
    @Foghorn
    All fair, reasonable and balanced comments.  Except the one about @Eoin  He's very different in the flesh let me assure you.  It's the lack of protein in his diet.  =)   Tangentially I held back on the Rooney comments, but he can be just a tad hapless can't he?  Trouble just seems too find him......
    I shall inform the Queen about your respect for her language and specifically the letter u. 
    As an aside, earlier this week I did an endoscopy and found some oedema of the oesophagus. After that I did an appendicectomy.  I think I'll have people stop calling me doctor and just call me mister.  And so some barbering on the side.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• CPFC1905
    @Foghorn   You were closer than me.  Bore draw at St James’s.  
  • Foghorn
    CPFC1905 said:
    @Foghorn   You were closer than me.  Bore draw at St James’s.  
    Yeah, I saw the score but not the game.  I was going to comment but bragging about getting closer to correct seemed pretty lame.  Thanks for doing it for me.

San Antonio, TX

• nolaegghead
    Little electrical fire at the shop. 
    Quite the luck you seem to be having. Hope that all is well on your end despite the circumstances. As others have said, it’s a good thing you are a resourceful. Sure looks like a strong community over there. Take care.