Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: When you have to improvise

because I couldn't find any bag clips  =)
aka marysvilleksegghead
Lrg 2008
mini 2009
XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
Henny Youngman:
I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    hmmm, wouldn't Vise-Grips be a better gripping solution?
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    RRP said:
    Probably if I brought some durning "the move" and these were already downstairs (where I stay) 
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,869
    edited September 2021

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    Chip Clips are just like wood clamps, you always need a couple more.    :|

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    RRP said:
    Ron years ago I was skinning out and tanning some taint. I ran out of taint tacks and did just what you said above. I used Vise-Grips to secure the taint to the tanning boards. It left a few noticeable indentions in the taint. The taint was definitely tainted (pun indeed). But it worked just fine overall 👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• I have a rubber band reclamation program I can draw from but I like the crescent wrench, my favorite style wrench proves itself for yet another task.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    I have a rubber band reclamation program I can draw from but I like the crescent wrench, my favorite style wrench proves itself for yet another task.
    That is properly termed a crescent-hammer
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • SGH said:
    RRP said:
    Ron years ago I was skinning out and tanning some taint. I ran out of taint tacks and did just what you said above. I used Vise-Grips to secure the taint to the tanning boards. It left a few noticeable indentions in the taint. The taint was definitely tainted (pun indeed). But it worked just fine overall 👍

Taint v Anus?
    Memphis, TN
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    CTMike said:
    I have a rubber band reclamation program I can draw from but I like the crescent wrench, my favorite style wrench proves itself for yet another task.
    That is properly termed a crescent-hammer
    I was gonna offer that up when I saw the above post.  Some terms are etched in concrete...
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    some of you guys might need therapy  =)
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,061
    loco_engr said:
    some of you guys might need therapy  =)

I went in years back, the doc said we're going to need a whole team for this, insurance said no to that.  No telling where I could have gone in life with proper help.   🙂
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    HighHeat said:
    Taint v Anus?
    There can be only one my friend. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH said:
    HighHeat said:
    Taint v Anus?
    There can be only one my friend. 

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike