Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - For Car Lovers: Some Recent Exotic Spottings

Comments

• RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    The 944 has aged well.
  • RyanStl said:
    The 944 has aged well.
    Really? I always thought that was one of the ugliest Porsche models.  It just looks so 80’s to me.  Almost like a Pontiac Fiero.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,607
    Knew a kid in college that drove a 914 and had the Porsche shirts, jacket, hat, keychain, etc.  

I knew another kid who also drove a VW, but didn’t have all the stuff.
  • Saw this tonight while picking up dinner. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,022
    El Toro Loco

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    bubbajack said:
    The red one is a  944 turbo. 160 mph car, not to shabby. The black one has seen 187mph, mid engine something or another.
    Black one looks awfully familiar.  Ford or something?

Could have sworn it was a Lada. 

😉
  • bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,095
    bubbajack said:
    The red one is a  944 turbo. 160 mph car, not to shabby. The black one has seen 187mph, mid engine something or another.

It's some type of Porsche.
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• bubbajack said:
    bubbajack said:

Yikes. @nolaegghead sure needs to brush up on his cars. 
  • bubbajack said:
    bubbajack said:

Yikes. @nolaegghead sure needs to brush up on his cars. 
    I've told him he should consider buying one for himself, but he's been telling me he thinks they take too much time to repair.  
  • RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    RyanStl said:
    The 944 has aged well.
    Really? I always thought that was one of the ugliest Porsche models.  It just looks so 80’s to me.  Almost like a Pontiac Fiero.
    That's why I said aged.  Like you I wasn't a fan as it was the poor man's Porsche. Even saying that makes me sound funny now.  I was and is a big 928 fan and the 944 was a watered down version.  However, I see them now and like them (condition is key).  The 914 will always look weird for me.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,314
    Way back when I used to tell SWMBO that if I was to ever buy a station wagon it would be a Porsche 928.  Never did get that wagon but did enjoy a second hand 1970 911 for 29+ years.  Engine fire was the death knell in 2003.  305,000 miles on the clock.  German steel and engineering for sure!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,249
    edited September 2021
    Two new (black) ones on the property today. Would love to know what’s going on at this place. Curiously, there was a big black SUV just out of frame with a plate that read “BIEBER.”

• lousubcap
    @GrateEggspectations - just announce yourself and see where that lands.  Likely not very far but you could tell them that you photograph exotic cars as a hobby and are impressed with the collection that passes thru the property.
    Worst that can happen is that you end up where you are now.   B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • @GrateEggspectations gossip with your other neighbors and get the dirt.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Just went to a family party. B-I-L shared that he had put down deposits on a brand new Z06, a new model of Lotus (don’t know which one) and a GT3RS. This after he purchased an M5 earlier this year. Some people really know how to live! (I am not one of them!)
  • Just went to a family party. B-I-L shared that he had put down deposits on a brand new Z06, a new model of Lotus (don’t know which one) and a GT3RS. This after he purchased an M5 earlier this year. Some people have  more money than sense!
    FTFY
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,463
    Two new (black) ones on the property today. Would love to know what’s going on at this place. Curiously, there was a big black SUV just out of frame with a plate that read “BIEBER.”

Just stack up some milk crates and climb over.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Just went to a family party. B-I-L shared that he had put down deposits on a brand new Z06, a new model of Lotus (don’t know which one) and a GT3RS. This after he purchased an M5 earlier this year. Some people really know how to live! (I am not one of them!)
    Emira is the new one. Nearly everything else feels like a tub of lard after driving a Lotus.
  • The Lotus Emira:

• lousubcap
    @GrateEggspectations - Your B-I-L must have a huge garage as last I checked he can only drive one at a time... B)
    That is quite a collective purchase.  I couldn't pay the sales tax on the total spend.
    Better to be lucky than good.  
  • lousubcap said:
    @GrateEggspectations - Your B-I-L must have a huge garage as last I checked he can only drive one at a time... B)
    That is quite a collective purchase.  I couldn't pay the sales tax on the total spend.
    Better to be lucky than good.  
    You and me both! With any luck, he’ll need help driving them. 

Yes, it’s the Emira that he also has on order. 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,024
    I think I read at one point that the Emira will be the last Lotus in manual transmission. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,024
    edited September 2021
    ^^^^

I looked it up. The Emira is the last Lotus with a combustible engine. That means the manual transmission will also disappear. (Sad) He might have a collector car if he decides to hold on to it. (If he goes manual)
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Eoin
    WeberWho said:
    ^^^^

I looked it up. The Emira is the last Lotus with a combustible engine. That means the manual transmission will also disappear. (Sad) He might have a collector car if he decides to hold on to it. (If he goes manual)
    I looked at the UK configurator - manual only. Special cars.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,022
    The all electric cars are insanely fast, predictable, and boring to drive.  I am sad to see IC going the way of the dodo.  I mean everything about electric is better on paper, it just has no soul.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Eoin
    The all electric cars are insanely fast, predictable, and boring to drive.  I am sad to see IC going the way of the dodo.  I mean everything about electric is better on paper, it just has no soul.
    I'm not sure it has to be that way, it's just that most EVs are currently designed like white goods for functionality. 
  • lousubcap
    The electrics are insanely fast for a time.  Great for drag strip racers.  Motor racing will become all about speed to jam the juice into the battery as the duration (today) of power does not currently have the staying power.  Technology will likely get us there but who knows when.  
  • lousubcap said:
    The electrics are insanely fast for a time.  Great for drag strip racers.  Motor racing will become all about speed to jam the juice into the battery as the duration (today) of power does not currently have the staying power.  Technology will likely get us there but who knows when.  
    It’s there now, you just have to adjust the mode of operation from recharging a battery to swapping it out.  The latter is actually faster than refilling a gas tank.
  • lousubcap
    When was the last time you changed a car battery??   =)  No way for me in that time window.  But I get the plug and play concept.  Now to juice the sound although I know a couple of sound engineers who have been hired to get the high pitched/rev of a finely tuned turbo charged NA engine into the electrics.