Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Forum Friends

Some time ago, a friend here who shall remain nameless (to protect the virtuous) said he had some extra bourbon barrel chunks - and asked if I’d want some?  I said sure.  

Package came when I was out in Cali.  I just opened it.  Here’s what was inside:

Far too generous.  Forum friends are the best.
"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

Comments

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    Pretty cool!
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    IMO, You’d be hard pressed to find a better guy. 

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Extremely kind gesture for sure.  Did he/she also send you the dell computer?? 🤣🤣🤣
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • Extremely kind gesture for sure.  Did he/she also send you the dell computer?? 🤣🤣🤣
    That was just the box it was packed in.  There was no computer to be found.  I think I prefer all of this stuff.  
  • bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,088
    Hell yea! You are the winner for today for sure! Just trying to figure out who that might be? Wishing the best for you and everyone involved.
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• Very cool!
    Stillwater, MN
  • You’re welcome, John. 

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Some time ago, a friend here who shall remain nameless (to protect the virtuous) said he had some extra bourbon barrel chunks - and asked if I’d want some?  I said sure.  

I know who sent you that package. I’ve seen what he’s done. He has sullied many a good name. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • six_egg
    six_egg Posts: 1,110
    edited September 2021
    @JohnInCarolina  Takes me back to one of my favorite movies. It's a Wonderful Life. No man is poor who has friends. I am glad to see we have people on here like that. I have seen that kind of thing on here for years. 

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

• Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    BBQ gods were looking out for you. Let us know how the rubs work out.  Need another exchange

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    Hats off to your anonymous forum friend with such a generous gift!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    I see peach preserves were included. Hmmm!
    very suspicious!  good dude.
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,061
    Generous move for sure.
    "With A Name Like Smuckers, It's Gotta Be... ?" 🙂
    *Apologies to those that may not remember that jingle.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Only 4 troll flags at this time....and a swell gift of the finest whiskey barrel.   You must be doing something right.... B)