Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brined chicken sammie

Options
Brined boneless, skinless chicken breasts this evening. Brined for four hours. The brine consisted of 2 quarts of filtered water,4 ounces by weight of honey, 1/3 cup of pickling salt, 1/4 cup of olive oil, 23 cup of soy sauce, Italian herbs and Herbs du Provence. 

Roasted at 425°F until 165°IT. Added freshly grated ButterKase, and gruyere. And put them back out after just a couple minutes, no more than 5. 

I also roasted a pound of regularly sliced smoked bacon. I did this first, and let the bacon drain while cooking the chicken breast. It was a tough task to keep the cretinous bacon stealers that live in my house out of the pile of extra crispy bacon.

I picked up the bread at a local bakery, sliced open, toasted for 10 minutes in the cooker until the garlic butter coated were just a slight brown.

I used Grey Poupon, Duke’s, grillo’s spicy dill pickles, heirloom tomatoes, and finely chopped Visalia onion.

Best chicken sandwich I have ever had in my life. Amazing chicken juiciness, and flavor. Perhaps the best thing I may have ever made.
"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
Louisville, Kentucky

Comments