Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - For Car Lovers: Some Recent Exotic Spottings

Comments

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    @TEXASBGE2018, it may be. I have seen one that looks just like it. I would need a better side view to be sure.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Is this the All Electric Porsche? Saw it at lunch today.

Looks like a Taycan to me, which is electric.

So ya D@mn, saw the guy again earlier. I did confirm it is a Taycan Turbo S. I didn't realize those things start out at $187K, id call that an exotic all right.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• This was a Bentley Continental GT. Wasn’t sold here in the states at the time. It was on a promotional tour of the states as they were coming out with a legal version for the states the following year(2020). This is a 6.0 12 cylinder supercharged car. I wished I had thought to take a video of my son revving the motor. You would’ve thought you were at an F1 race!
  • This was a Bentley Continental GT. Wasn’t sold here in the states at the time. It was on a promotional tour of the states as they were coming out with a legal version for the states the following year(2020). This is a 6.0 12 cylinder supercharged car. I wished I had thought to take a video of my son revving the motor. You would’ve thought you were at an F1 race!
    Saw a convertible at Amelia Island, trying to think where I would run 207 mph. Most impressive
    LBGE, 36" Blackstone, Anova Pro
    Charleston, SC
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    This was a Bentley Continental GT. Wasn’t sold here in the states at the time. It was on a promotional tour of the states as they were coming out with a legal version for the states the following year(2020). This is a 6.0 12 cylinder supercharged car. I wished I had thought to take a video of my son revving the motor. You would’ve thought you were at an F1 race!
    Great pic and backstory.  Good news for me- its appearance is too boxy for me and I can't get within an order of magnitude of contemplating that buy.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,869
    lousubcap said:
    This was a Bentley Continental GT. Wasn’t sold here in the states at the time. It was on a promotional tour of the states as they were coming out with a legal version for the states the following year(2020). This is a 6.0 12 cylinder supercharged car. I wished I had thought to take a video of my son revving the motor. You would’ve thought you were at an F1 race!
    Great pic and backstory.  Good news for me- its appearance is too boxy for me and I can't get within an order of magnitude of contemplating that buy.  
    Well, at least you can say you once drove something quite a bit more expensive ;)
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    @JohnInCarolina - and I signed for the pink slip on three different occasions.  Never did get it right... But as we say, I always had a band playing at my departure ceremonies.  
    Appreciate the thought.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    lousubcap said:
    Walked thru an outdoor "cars and coffee" gathering this AM.  Around 100-110 cars; lots of Corvettes, Mustangs and Porsches and a few one-offs as well.  Did grab a few pics for this thread: (Coulda shot enough to run out of film but stopped short  B)).
    1935 Bentley

2019 Bentley

1965 Shelby Cobra

Year unknown Lambo

Water Car-Year unknown

Thanks for lookin'  
    When we were small children living in North London, our next door neighbour was an ex-Bentley worker involved in that period of car. We kept in touch until he died in the early 90s.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    edited August 2021
    @lousubcap, Cool! Was the Cobra real or a replica? I think the boat was called an Amphicar, no? Bond's Esprit was cooler. :)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• I’m assuming this is but a pedestrian 911, but I haven’t looked into it. 

• lousubcap
    @Carolina Q - there were three 1965 Cobras there, all with "pedigree" papers and absolutely pristine.  I had not been since pre-covid so it was quite enjoyable.  Thanks for asking.  
  • lousubcap
    @GrateEggspectations perhaps in your neighbourhood the above 911 would be considered pedestrian but not around me.  Most reliable car I ever owned.  Bought a 1970 911 T (the carbureted 6 cylinder) second hand in 1974 and lost it to an engine fire in 2003.  305,000 miles on the clock.  It was plain and simple but great fun to drive.  
  • lousubcap said:
    @GrateEggspectations perhaps in your neighbourhood the above 911 would be considered pedestrian but not around me.  Most reliable car I ever owned.  Bought a 1970 911 T (the carbureted 6 cylinder) second hand in 1974 and lost it to an engine fire in 2003.  305,000 miles on the clock.  It was plain and simple but great fun to drive.  
    I just meant relative to some of the absolute supercars posted here. No disrespect to the 911, which is a great car and is leaps and bounds above my own plebeian vehicles. One of the neatest cars I’ve driven to this day was a 911 Turbo S. 

Surprised to hear of such reliability from a Porsche. To me, exotics cry fix me! 

Interesting story about the Porsche I posted. The owner is a car fanatic, and owns several Ferraris, Bentleys and a McLaren. Haven’t yet spotted his McLaren though. Some people know how to live. 

Amazing car show you were at. That Bentley is top shelf. Were you just there to have a look, Frank, or did you take something to show, like a tricked-out Civic? 
  • lousubcap
    edited August 2021
    I am a lurker at best.  I don't need to play the MDIB game.  My Richard Is Bigger game.  It all works for me.   =)

I don't know anyone who has a stable like that "Interesting story about the Porsche I posted. The owner is a car fanatic, and owns several Ferraris, Bentleys and a McLaren." He!! I don't even know thoroughbred horse owners with that garage. But I don't know many thoroughbred horse owners either!  B) 
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    lousubcap said:
    I just meant relative to some of the absolute supercars posted here. No disrespect to the 911, which is a great car and is leaps and bounds above my own plebeian vehicles. One of the neatest cars I’ve driven to this day was a 911 Turbo S. 

Surprised to hear of such reliability from a Porsche. To me, exotics cry fix me! 

Interesting story about the Porsche I posted. The owner is a car fanatic, and owns several Ferraris, Bentleys and a McLaren. Haven’t yet spotted his McLaren though. Some people know how to live. 

Amazing car show you were at. That Bentley is top shelf. Were you just there to have a look, Frank, or did you take something to show, like a tricked-out Civic? 
    The only person I know who had a McLaren had one of the early models. It didn't get out much because it kept breaking. The guy used his Exige more than the McLaren because it was more reliable 😂
  • Nice little collection going on here….

Surprisingly, different dream machines today. 

• While I was sitting posting the above, these rolled by. First was a Lamborghini and the second was some sort of Porsche…

• lousubcap
    I have to attend outdoor car gatherings to see these things live and in colour.  All you have to do is walk around the 'hood.  Better to be lucky than good.  
  • FarmingPhD
    FarmingPhD Posts: 839
    @lousubcap I think in GreatEggspectations case, he is both lucky any good.  
  • @lousubcap hit the nail on the head. I am truly nothing but a lucky SOB (not his words 🙃). No goodness can be claimed here, but I take nothing for granted and have a great, great deal to be thankful for. 
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,850
    Kayak said:

Why is the steering wheel on the wrong side? 
    Hopefully, that defect is covered by a recall. The KMs on the speedometer should be covered, also. 

Those dirty Euro KM's are on the digital read-out by default,  proper measurements on the dial.  But you can switch that in the functions. 

Spent yesterday spinning up the headlamp lenses with compound. Sparkly now. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    edited August 2021
    I went about an hour west this morning to hit up a flea market. One of the small towns I went through was hosting a car event. I stopped in on the way home. 

Lamborghini Gallardo. I missed a picture of a Murcielago I spotted on the way home. 

I thought this was unique.

I'm no Corvair expert but I feeling this isn't its original flat six.  =)

This guy made a smaller version of an old Case. 

My dream car. 

A nice unexpected car show. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • lousubcap
    @WeberWho - way to take advantage of the window of opportunity.  Quite a cross-section right there.
    Do I need to go to the "What are you buying right now" thread to see what you scored at the flea market?  B)
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    lousubcap said:
    @WeberWho - way to take advantage of the window of opportunity.  Quite a cross-section right there.
    Do I need to go to the "What are you buying right now" thread to see what you scored at the flea market?  B)
    The goal was to come home empty handed. I was successful! More or less a destination on a nice cool day. Fun memories being there as a kid. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • WeberWho said:
    I went about an hour west this morning to hit up a flea market. One of the small towns I went through was hosting a car event. I stopped in on the way home. 

Lamborghini Gallardo. I missed a picture of a Murcielago I spotted on the way home. 

I thought this was unique.

I'm no Corvair expert but I feeling this isn't its original flat six.  =)

This guy made a smaller version of an old Case. 

My dream car. 

A nice unexpected car show. 
    Very neat. I’ll tell you what - I’ll buy you your dream car if you buy me mine.