Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Taco Bell and Asinine Stupid marketing

Options

Comments

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    that actually might be like a life boat for the taco bell. you are welcome.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,863
    Options
    They used to have 5 tacos for $1 on Sundays.  $4 worth was reasonably filling.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,826
    Options
    that actually might be like a life boat for the taco bell. you are welcome.

when i was youger an arcade in town stayed open the same way with a secret menu at the window. the police chief in town was a frequent window shopper. his last name was brown, the kids called him brownie
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    All the secret menus are the ones you don't know about. 

Pro-tip:  Always avoid secret sauce.
    Options
    I know of a taco bell years ago that teenagers used to buy weed from the window guy... since you mentioned the secret menu.
    I thought the whole point of Taco Bell was to go there after smoking weed, not to get weed

Although I do wonder what the secret name was.  Maybe just a side of Mexican brownies?  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    one stop shop
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    I know of a taco bell years ago that teenagers used to buy weed from the window guy... since you mentioned the secret menu.
    I thought the whole point of Taco Bell was to go there after smoking weed, not to get weed

Although I do wonder what the secret name was.  Maybe just a side of Mexican brownies?  
    Yerba Buena or Hierba Mota

edited August 2021
    Options
    Meximelt by Southern Culture on the Skids

The chili cheese burrito is another long lost good’n. 
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,325
    Options
    Hey a little ganja instead of shredded lettuce in the tacos?
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,049
    Options
    I’ll have the ganjarito please.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,636
    Options
    Frito wrap from Sonic beats anything from Taco Bell, current, secret or retired menu.
  • xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,117
    Options
    I havent eaten at Taco Bell since they used to have fire pits in front of them.  I have bought random stuff for the kids along the way but not for me.
    XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Rectec RT-B380, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,919
    Options
    All this talk about getting the trots is like me and chocolate covered raisins - used to go thru me like water in a goose - I say "used to" since I decided to cut out the middleman and just dump them down the toilet! =)
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    RRP said:
    All this talk about getting the trots is like me and chocolate covered raisins - used to go thru me like water in a goose - I say "used to" since I decided to cut out the middleman and just dump them down the toilet! =)
    What about all the starving kids in Africa?

Options
    "Dear Nestlé: We Have to Talk About Raisinets. – The Everywhereist" https://everywhereist.com/2015/06/dear-nestle-we-have-to-talk-about-raisinets/
    edited August 2021
    Options
    RRP said:
    Grapes/grape juice/raisins are well known to be a laxative.

• Begger
    Begger Posts: 569
    Options
    Went to Old Town San Diego a week or Ten days ago.     Went to one of the in-park Mexican restaurants.    AWFUL.     Sauce on the 'wet' burrito was tomato sauce.    Salsa was INSIPID     Beans were OK, but the rice not so much.   Cheese tasted like Velveeta.   

I feel sorry for tourists who go there and THINK they are getting Mexican 'cuisine' but really getting junk.    

I can thnk of half a dozen or more drive thrus with better food.    Salsa that'll leave a mark.   GOOD beans and homemade Corn Tortillas.   
  • HighHeat
    HighHeat Posts: 218
    Options

Southern Culture on the Skid Marks.
    Memphis, TN
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,515
    Options
    Well.
    I went to TB and they had replaced the cashier with an order/pay kiosk (I HATE those things!)  I didn't see a button for enchiritos, nor a "secret" menu button.  I ordered a combo meal, it rang up with a Large drink, I hit "swap" to get a Small, next screen had one option to press:  Large.  I swiped up, down, sideways, double-tapped.  Then I left, came home and had a baloney sammich.  :anguished:

"Commander, say hello to Cricket!"  - KN

• nolaegghead
    Options
    Botch said:
    Well.
    I went to TB and they had replaced the cashier with an order/pay kiosk (I HATE those things!)  I didn't see a button for enchiritos, nor a "secret" menu button.  I ordered a combo meal, it rang up with a Large drink, I hit "swap" to get a Small, next screen had one option to press:  Large.  I swiped up, down, sideways, double-tapped.  Then I left, came home and had a baloney sammich.  :anguished:
    For once, a story that actually sounded like baloney.

Options
    Has to be more than ten years since I have eaten Taco Bell.  Can’t do it. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,325
    Options
    I had to use one of those pay kiosks at Applebee's tonight(first time there in 3 or 4 years). It probably cost the waitress 28 cents in tip as I would have rounded up from $4.72 to $5.00. She did take my order old school though.
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    @Botch never change buddy.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,501
    Options
    Pay kiosks are everywhere in airport restaurants.  Haven't hit up a fast food joint in years. But the kiosks are everywhere-even local micro breweries.    
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    Botch said:
    Corv said:
    Apparently the enchirito is available from the secret menu. I suppose that most fast food outlets have a secret menu.

That's it, I'm going to TB for lunch today.  If this is true, I owe you a beer, and you owe me some toilet paper.  Thanks!   :)
    LOL....loser!
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    I had taco bell tonight. 2 bean burritos and 1 bean burrito supreme. About as boring as it gets and I loved it. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • setdahook
    setdahook Posts: 284
    Options
    Gotta admit I had to recreate the taco bell pizza, mine was better....
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,991
    Options
    HighHeat said:

Southern Culture on the Skid Marks.
    They play here in town a couple times a year, My Beautiful Wife and I usually work their shows. Voodoo Cadillac is a favorite of mine. SCOTS.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,991
    Options

Our children have a strange fascination with Drive through at Taco Bell. They order lots of food and have over the years learned how to modify it to their tastes. The Sodium in their food is major league, and upon occasion, I have been known to dip my toe into that sewer. 

Don’t judge me.

TB, like all other Fast food places has some good things, and have some awful things. TB has a lot of awful things, but at 11:00 at night, you make bad decisions. My Grandmother always told me, nothing good happens past 11:30. There is some truth to that after visiting TB at 11:00. But that first ten minutes…….
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • stv8r
    stv8r Posts: 1,127
    Options
    PLEASE bring back the Mexican Pizza!!