Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Acn said:

Wow. I’d make a comment of endorsement here, but words just don’t seem adequate. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    put up a shelf to hold chargers and I'll find some receiver and speakers that work to hook to the TV and an echo
    Options
    Installed this seat.  The back doesn't fold down so I had to rig up some hinges so I can open up the engine cover.  PSA - don't forget to wear gloves when using a wire brush.
    Options
    Installed this seat.  The back doesn't fold down so I had to rig up some hinges so I can open up the engine cover.  PSA - don't forget to wear gloves when using a wire brush.
    That seat looks good.
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,859
    Options
    put up a shelf to hold chargers and I'll find some receiver and speakers that work to hook to the TV and an echo
    'vintage' 301's?  Guessing that's the power amp on the bottom? 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    'vintage' 301's?  Guessing that's the power amp on the bottom? 
    Yeah, the 301's are a bit water damaged, cosmetically, they got some moisture and the HDF is swollen in spots.  Price: free.

I have a few piles of neighbor and friends refuse they were just getting rid of with my proclivity to collect junk.  Most of it actually works and I fixed a couple.  Plus piles of my own old stuff. The shop is the youngest child in chain of hand-me-downs.

Options
    Finally found a set of new bands for the Egg, and ordered a gasket from Ron. Egg’s been out of commission for way too long. Today is cleaning day.

• Yno
    Yno Posts: 529
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @Yno - I thought great wine was not supposed to deliver the hangover.
    Congratulations on the transition to the "every day is Saturday lifestyle." 
    As we say, "You know when it's when."  
    If you still wear a watch hopefully in addition to the date it shows the day of the week.  Definitely a needed option.  B)
    Okay, I have to fess up. I don't get hangovers. Haven't for decades. Don't know why. No headaches, nausea, puking fits, etc. I might have the 'slows' the next day, but that Friday I was back drinking a nice Cab. Ynette, however, gets some three day hangovers.  

A friend took us out for a celebration Thursday. The three of us had a bottle of Bollinger Champagne before we Uber'd to the restaurant. We had a bottle of Billecart-Salmon Champagne and a 2015 Trilogy Cabernet with dinner, and some expresso martinis and Pedro Ximenez with dessert. When we got home there were dirty martinis, Jack Daniels Single Barrel Select, and of course, more Cabernet! I might have slept late, but the dog likes his breakfast by 0600, and after a 0200 bedtime, I was justifiably tired.
    XL BGE in San Jose, CA. Also a Pit Barrel Cooker, a Cal Flame P4 gasser, and lots of toys including the first ever Flame Boss 300 in the wild. And a new Flame Boss 500.
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,079
    Options
    EGGjlmh said:

@fishlessman

I will not get vaccinated because my healthy 23 year old nephew got the shot and was in ICU for 6 weeks on a ventilator after the shot. The doctors told the family it was due to the shot. The doctors told his sister to not get the shot becuase of this.

Go ahead, make this political if you want, the kid was told he likely wouldn't make it alive off the vent. He has been home for 2 weeks now and is gaining strength.

I saw it.

I had to take my wife the the ER for a severe migraine. 

The ER Dr said they are seeing a large number of vaccine related problems coming through. 

A friend of mine also got some facial neurological damage and hearing loss associated from the vaccine. She is a healthcare worker. One of those if you don’t get it you’ll lose your job. Well now she has a life long problem. 
    That is a vague, and therefore meaningless, statement from the ER Doctor.  Did you happen to ask them to quantify "large number"? 

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • DavidCrumpton
    Options
    dbCooper said:
    EGGjlmh said:

@fishlessman

I will not get vaccinated because my healthy 23 year old nephew got the shot and was in ICU for 6 weeks on a ventilator after the shot. The doctors told the family it was due to the shot. The doctors told his sister to not get the shot becuase of this.

Go ahead, make this political if you want, the kid was told he likely wouldn't make it alive off the vent. He has been home for 2 weeks now and is gaining strength.

I saw it.

I had to take my wife the the ER for a severe migraine. 

The ER Dr said they are seeing a large number of vaccine related problems coming through. 

A friend of mine also got some facial neurological damage and hearing loss associated from the vaccine. She is a healthcare worker. One of those if you don’t get it you’ll lose your job. Well now she has a life long problem. 
    That is a vague, and therefore meaningless, statement from the ER Doctor.  Did you happen to ask them to quantify "large number"? 

Nope And I am not going to get into any further discussions about it here in this form. 
    I am sticking only to BBQ from now on. 

I’ll give you his phone number if you want to dig into it further. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,943
    Options
    All of the publicly available data we have on the mRNA vaccines indicate that serious side effects, for example those that would send someone to the hospital (and not just a sore arm or the chills), are extremely rare.    

That being said, we have people obviously freaking out over this vaccine and likely over-reacting to things.  I can imagine how especially in some parts of the country an uptick in vaccinations could lead to lots of people coming into the ER because they think the Fauci Owchie gave them cancer and whatnot.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,332
    Options
    @Yno - With that adult beverage load you dodged a bullet, regardless of pedigree.  But way to celebrate one of life's more major milestones.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • DavidCrumpton
    Options
    People jumped in me without knowing me. 

I am healthcare worker that received the vaccine in the first round. 
    But, will stick to only BBQ from know on. 
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,646
    edited August 2021
    Options

Cmon it’s fun to mess with them when you are bored. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,646
    edited August 2021
    Options

I do like your attitude though, you’re not going to berate people who disagree with you and try to convince them that you’re right and they are idiots. Quite refreshing.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• JohnInCarolina
    Options

Cmon it’s fun to mess with them when you are bored. 

I do like your attitude though, you’re not going to berate people who disagree with you and try to convince them that you’re right and they are idiots. Quite refreshing.
    Were these two comments really posted by the same person, right after each other?  😂
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Thanks, Rand Paul.

Life is to short not to allow people to have their own opinion. They have that right as do I. This society has the lack of tolerance and grace. I can not be a part of that. I was raised better. The cancel culture is a disgrace to humanity. 
  • nolaegghead
    Options

Life is to short not to allow people to have their own opinion. They have that right as do I. This society has the lack of tolerance and grace. I can not be a part of that. I was raised better. The cancel culture is a disgrace to humanity. 
    Speaking of cancel culture, we try to keep politics off this thread so it doesn't get cancelled.

Speaking of cancel culture, we try to keep politics off this thread so it doesn't get cancelled.

Will do. Only Q
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Q-anon?
  • alaskanassasin
    Options

Baahaaa, probably not the best post to scold him on.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• JohnInCarolina
    Options

• DavidCrumpton
    Options

If that is a scolding I'd take it any day. Seems more like a polite suggestion.
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    On a serious note I flew the drone into the high tunnel and saw my boxer eating tomatoes...
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• nolaegghead
    Options

...they must be beefsteak tomatoes.
    Feed him better you cheapskate. (no he isn’t malnourished)