Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - For Car Lovers: Some Recent Exotic Spottings

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427

Heh, that didn't work quite right.
    At least it's not sideways...  :D 

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,865
    RyanStl said:
    Here is another gray super car. Spotted at my local grocery store. I would have got a closer picture, but the Huracan's owner was in it 

Beautiful ride. I love the colour (@johnincarolina). I can understand your need for discretion. I also try to show restraint when snapping pics. 
    I actually don’t mind the color on that vehicle.  Makes it look a little like the Batmobile.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    RyanStl said:
    Here is another gray super car. Spotted at my local grocery store. I would have got a closer picture, but the Huracan's owner was in it 

Beautiful ride. I love the colour (@johnincarolina). I can understand your need for discretion. I also try to show restraint when snapping pics. 
    When I slowed and pulled out the phone my kids thought I was creapy.  I had to explain that people taking pictures of your car is expected when owning a Lamborghini.  Otherwise, the owner could have bought an R8 for almost the same car, but less money.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,865
    RyanStl said:
    RyanStl said:

When I slowed and pulled out the phone my kids thought I was creapy.  I had to explain that people taking pictures of your car is expected when owning a Lamborghini.  Otherwise, the owner could have bought an R8 for almost the same car, but less money.
    I suspect the R8 has plenty of people taking pics of it too:

At least, that has been my experience driving it around ;)
  • lousubcap said:
    I visited and old (aren't they all...) friend in Maryland this past weekend.   He bought the below 1967 Jaguar XKE (fully restored) for his wife around six months ago.  The drive was great fun.

Pristine does not do it justice.  

That’s immaculate, Cap! I can imagine you guys driving around like it was a scene out of a movie. You could eat off pretty much any square inch of that thing. 
  • RyanStl said:
    RyanStl said:

A modified R8 lives in one of the houses behind me. I have previously posted a pic. The thing sounds incredible. I can be on a work call in the basement and the sound of that machine upon startup still puts a smile upon my face, despite it being pretty far away. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    lousubcap said:
    I visited and old (aren't they all...) friend in Maryland this past weekend.   He bought the below 1967 Jaguar XKE (fully restored) for his wife around six months ago.  The drive was great fun.

Pristine does not do it justice.  

An acquaintance back in the 80s had one. Red, more original than restored.  Interesting character, I'll never forget some of his idiosyncrasies. 

For a second I thought you knew Clive Cussler. ;)
    Typical Lamborghini parking I see.  ;)
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,182
    edited July 2021
    WeberWho said:
    Typical Lamborghini parking I see.  ;)
    I can’t judge. I also hogged an end spot in my Outback a few cars over. 😊
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,597
    I don't think i could climb in and out of that thing.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,663
    I don't think i could climb in and out of that thing.

my uncles 56 tbird has what looks like a 3 foot steering wheel in it, first time getting out was like crawling out like a worm.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    RyanStl said:
    RyanStl said:

I suspect the R8 has plenty of people taking pics of it too:

At least, that has been my experience driving it around ;)
    Nice ride.  I like the R8, especially in blue, but is definitely lower key than it's sibling.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    Maybe not exotic but cool to see

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • nolaegghead
    (...tire company uses vehicle that doesn't use tires to advertise tires...)
    There is one tire.  

Clinton, Iowa
  • nolaegghead
    I stand corrected. My bad.
    Langner91 said:
    There is one tire.  

I bet it's a Michelin

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• nolaegghead
    Langner91 said:
    There is one tire.  

I bet it's a Michelin

Or one of those off-brands, like Yokelhomo.  Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Langner91 said:
    There is one tire.  

I bet it's a Michelin
    Likely purchased at Costco as well.
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    At least they can return it after 5-6 years of use. 
    Greensboro, NC
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,167
    edited July 2021
    @saluki2007 - enjoyed the video...the yacht is quite the $$ pit but I'm sure many high rollers will buy.  
    BTW- the comment about the gauges/dashboard being the same as the car makes it obvious why the pilot/driver is not back in the seat...Definitely a stretch to see.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    Langner91 said:
    There is one tire.  

I bet it's a Michelin
    Looks like a castor from Harbor Freight.  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    Somebody get the castor oil, lube that sht up.
  • nolaegghead
    Legume said:
    Somebody get the castor oil, lube that sht up.

Given castor oil is a laxative, you are correct in the literal sense.