Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket

Options
Still enjoying the brisket cooks.  I did one with the usual Salt & Pepper and the other one was with this Fly By Jing Mala Spice.  Its in the cooler now.

Comments

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,844
    Options
    That looks awesome.  Tell us how that spice tastes.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,384
    Options
    Those pics are things of beauty.  Way to enjoy and deliver the most fun cook you can have on any Q rig.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SmokeyLosAngeles
    Options

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    That's a purty pair of briskies right there.

Thoughts re: the Mala Spice? I tried the Momofuku Tingly seasoned salt, but haven't been able to taste the sichuan pepper in it much.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • SmokeyLosAngeles
    Options
    caliking said:
    That's a purty pair of briskies right there.

Thoughts re: the Mala Spice? I tried the Momofuku Tingly seasoned salt, but haven't been able to taste the sichuan pepper in it much.
    Honestly I did not taste much of the mala spice on it.  I actually preferred the salt and pepper. But it was fun to give it a try.  Its really good on chicken.
  • stv8r
    stv8r Posts: 1,127
    Options
    Nice!  Any finished slices pics?

• SmokeyLosAngeles
    Options
    stv8r said:
    Nice!  Any finished slices pics?

Sorry just the end of the video.  Got to eating a little quick