Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

24th Annual EGGtoberfest Schedule (Thank you)

The_Buffalo
The_Buffalo Posts: 455
edited October 2021 in EggHead Forum

After giving it considerable effort, it has regrettably become clear that we will not be able to host the 24th Annual EGGtoberfest as an in-person event. Although there are EGG events happening elsewhere, there are protocols and requirements specific to the event venues we would be using that would make it virtually impossible to conduct the event the way everyone has come to expect.

We hate to see this happen, as EGGtoberfest has been a special opportunity to enjoy the camaraderie and say thanks to all of the EGG fans literally from around the world. We are working on plans that will make 2022 well worth the wait, and in the interim we will soon be releasing information about how you can join in for another exciting and engaging virtual EGGfest.

Big Green Egg Instagram

10:00 AM ET the_bbq_buddha

10:30 AM ET Irishbbqguy

11:00 AM ET Biggreeneggfoodie

11:30 AM ET Cannons_bbq

12:00 PM ET Darksideofthegrill

12:30 PM ET Colobgebbq 

1:00 PM ET Biggreeneggmx

2:00 PM ET The_smokin_hot_mom

2:30 PM ET Cptnron302

3:00 PM ET Bigpaulonthegrill & Littlejulesonthegrill

Big Green Egg TikTok

11:30 AM ET Grillinwithdad

1:30 PM ET Chucksflavortrain

Click Here for more details

Coming to you from the Mothership!

Comments

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    edited July 2021
    How about having it in Texas this year? :grin:
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,597
    Bump for @JohnInCarolina
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,657
    why does this locked announcement drop down the page and still it has the dismiss feature
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,061
    My hope is you give consideration to inviting some of the amazing chefs on the forum to participate in the virtual event this year.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,597
    dbCooper said:
    My hope is you give consideration to inviting some of the amazing chefs on the forum to participate in the virtual event this year.
    It would be a perfect opportunity to showcase the perfect 1/2" steak, or how to finish brisket using a common kitchen appliance.

South of Columbus, Ohio.

• HendersonTRKing
    HendersonTRKing Posts: 1,803
    dbCooper said:
    It would be a perfect opportunity to showcase the perfect 1/2" steak, or how to finish brisket using a common kitchen appliance.

Three cheese blend anyone?  Anyone?  Bueller?  Bueller?
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    dbCooper said:

Three cheese blend anyone?  Anyone?  Bueller?  Bueller?
    I struggle with the Velveeta blending with the Kraft singles and Cheeze Wiz

Oh, come on, man! With your chemistry background you gotta know a little Maddog 2020 will make all of those products blend like a slurry!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    RRP said:

Oh, come on, man! With your chemistry background you gotta know a little Maddog 2020 will make all of those products blend like a slurry!
    That's right!  I almost forgot you can add a little sodium citrate (the salt of citric acid) to help stabilize the cheese emulsion.  Keeps the fats from separating and all the cheese product happy.  The maddog 2020 reduces beautifully for a thick, tart glaze that complements the nacho cheese amalgamation.

RRP said:

That's right!  I almost forgot you can add a little sodium citrate (the salt of citric acid) to help stabilize the cheese emulsion.  Keeps the fats from separating and all the cheese product happy.  The maddog 2020 reduces beautifully for a thick, tart glaze that complements the nacho cheese amalgamation.

COOL!  mean COOL for your explanation and COOL that some clown didn’t disagree with you! 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.