Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - For Car Lovers: Some Recent Exotic Spottings

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Looks more like a VW van in a fisheye lens to me.
    Except for it only having three wheels.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • nolaegghead
    dbCooper said:
    Except for it only having three wheels.
    I didn't assume that.  Vanishing points on wide-angle lenses distort the hell out of everything.

edited July 2021
    I did assume that and was wrong.  It is a VW, sorta...

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • First glimpse of a neighbour’s new ride.

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,869
    Were I to ever purchase a Ferrari, pretty sure gray would be the last color I’d choose.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    Were I to ever purchase a Ferrari, pretty sure gray would be the last color I’d choose.
    I hope he at least went with red interior to match the gray. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • PeteSliver
    PeteSliver Posts: 153
    Maybe green is the right color when you can’t afford a Ferrari.

@GrateEggspectations you see more exotic cars in your neighborhood in a week than the rest of us do in a year.  You must be living right and living in the right place. #blessed
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    I saw a new model Porsche in a flat light grey this week. Not a choice I would make.
  • Elijah
    Elijah Posts: 679
    I'm envious of the number of trash cans. I only have one 😔
  • Maybe green is the right color when you can’t afford a Ferrari.

@GrateEggspectations you see more exotic cars in your neighborhood in a week than the rest of us do in a year.  You must be living right and living in the right place. #blessed
    Lol. On point. 

Thanks, friend. I am just glad to get to live vicariously through my neighbours. 
  • Were I to ever purchase a Ferrari, pretty sure gray would be the last color I’d choose.
    I actually like it. Just subtle enough. Agreed with @WeberWho that a red interior would pair nicely. 
  • GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,183
    edited July 2021
    Elijah said:
    I'm envious of the number of trash cans. I only have one 😔
    We moved last year, but used to live in an area where only one small, standard issued can would be collected. To give you an idea, with a small child at home, the diapers alone would fill it completely. Infuriating. We now live in an area where there is no limit and where the garbage collectors will seemingly collect anything. They are incredible!!
  • JohnInCarolina
    Eoin said:
    I saw a new model Porsche in a flat light grey this week. Not a choice I would make.
    Blue or black for me when it comes to Porsches.  
  • Eoin said:
    The guy with the Ferrari was washing a blue Targa in the driveway when I drove by the next time around.  Didn’t get a pic. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    I actually like it. Just subtle enough. Agreed with @WeberWho that a red interior would pair nicely. 
    It’s understated, and I suppose I can see the upside of that.  DeMuro owned a red Ferrari for a year and he started to get bugged by every dude he ran into on the road or at the gas station asking him about the car.  

• JohnInCarolina
    Eoin said:
    The guy with the Ferrari was washing a blue Targa in the driveway when I drove by the next time around.  Didn’t get a pic. 
    It sounds like he didn’t go with gray because he was too cheap to pay for the red, lol.
  • Eoin said:
    It sounds like he didn’t go with gray because he was too cheap to pay for the red, lol.
    Maybe it was the insurance costs of the red that scared him off. Lol. 
  • Eoin
    It’s understated, and I suppose I can see the upside of that.  DeMuro owned a red Ferrari for a year and he started to get bugged by every dude he ran into on the road or at the gas station asking him about the car.  

Owning a Ferrari and 'understated' seems a bit pointless. If you want 'grey', buy a diesel merc saloon.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Eoin said:

Owning a Ferrari and 'understated' seems a bit pointless. If you want 'grey', buy a diesel merc saloon.
    I think it depends on what you value.  If you value the driving experience, then who cares what color it is.  If you value making heads turn, well then that’s a different story, isn’t it?

What I wonder is what color makes sense if your ride spends most of the time in the shop? Maybe we should find an Aston Martin owner to ask?
  • GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,183
    edited July 2021
    Eoin said:

I think it depends on what you value.  If you value the driving experience, then who cares what color it is.  If you value making heads turn, well then that’s a different story, isn’t it?

What I wonder is what color makes sense if your ride spends most of the time in the shop? Maybe we should find an Aston Martin owner to ask?
    Black, clearly. 

• nolaegghead
    Redder the sports car, the more diminuative the peen.  (In theory)
    Eoin said:

Black, clearly. 

The only guy I know with an Aston has a black V8 Vantage.
  • Eoin
    Eoin said:

Grey sucks the life out of a nice looking car. Styling and look have always been and always will be a huge part of the supercar experience.
  • Eoin
    Ooooppps.

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    lol Carey, I think that works for ballistics as well.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
    To the original thread subject, no exotics here.  But here's a pic of some goodies in my shop: '75 Dodge Power Wagon w/Holmes 440 wrecker, a lowered solid axle '71 Dodge Sweptline pickup and tucked behind the Ram truck is a '70 Dodge Challenger, 440 Six Pack.

my first truck was a 72 power wagon. loved the built in puddle feature on the hood. break down in the rain and dump a half gallon on the spark plug wires opening the hood
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    Here is another gray super car. Spotted at my local grocery store. I would have got a closer picture, but the Huracan's owner was in it 

• RyanStl said:
    Here is another gray super car. Spotted at my local grocery store. I would have got a closer picture, but the Huracan's owner was in it 

Beautiful ride. I love the colour (@johnincarolina). I can understand your need for discretion. I also try to show restraint when snapping pics.