Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rib Competition Help

Options
WeberWho
WeberWho Posts: 11,025
I was given a couple racks of baby backs for a rib competition and ran into an issue. On one edge of the ribs they have partial bones that must be from another cut? Is it possible to cut between the ribs and somehow miss these other bones in between or are these racks pretty much useless now?

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota

Comments

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,758
    edited July 2021
    Options
    You are fine @WeberWho ,your turn in box is from the middle of the rack, I leave the shiners on for protection , keep is posted 

Thats a Nice Rack
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Thanks @lkapigian

The other rack is pretty fatty. Not the most ideal couple racks of ribs. I'm really hoping the second rack of ribs fat renders down. 

It's not much more than a backyard rib competition. A local grocery store hosts it in their parking lot. You can't take your ribs or judges scores seriously. Especially when the judges don't really know much about judging. An excuse to cook some ribs and drink a few beers with some buddies. A fun time nonetheless. 
    sounds like the all girl bikini team is going to win
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,025
    Options
    Tspud1 said:
    WeberWho said:
    Thanks @lkapigian

The other rack is pretty fatty. Not the most ideal couple racks of ribs. I'm really hoping the second rack of ribs fat renders down. 

It's not much more than a backyard rib competition. A local grocery store hosts it in their parking lot.  You can't take your ribs or judges scores seriously. Especially when the judges don't really know much about judging. An excuse to cook some ribs and drink a few beers with some buddies. A fun time nonetheless. 

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,758
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Tspud1 said:
    WeberWho said:
    Thanks @lkapigian

It's not much more than a backyard rib competition. A local grocery store hosts it in their parking lot.  You can't take your ribs or judges scores seriously. Especially when the judges don't really know much about judging. An excuse to cook some ribs and drink a few beers with some buddies. A fun time nonetheless. 

Lol
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • DavidCrumpton
    Options
    That’s just nasty!!!
  • ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,532
    Options
    @WeberWho this made me laugh so hard.  

Lol

XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    And they say you’re ruining the forum…
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • DavidCrumpton
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    And they say you’re ruining the forum…
    Any more posts like that and yes, permaban.