Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Finger Ribs. First time

Options
Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,674
edited July 2021 in EggHead Forum

Sorry for order. 
First time did 350 indirect. Took 55 minutes and they were very good. Worcestershire  sauce for binder and apple spritz is all. 
Will do this again. They were 180 at pull. 
Some cherry and oak for smoke. 
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Those do look good. I never seem to find meaty ones at my HEB. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    They should call them unicorn finger ribs b/c it's incredibly rare they have meat on them and are decent.  But when you do, unicorn is delicious!
    Options
    I have tried them a few times in the past but they’ve never had meat on top of the bone, always trimmed flush and just the meat between the bones, so I gave up.  Those look great, I would try again in a heartbeat if I could find those.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,761
    Options
    I am assuming Back Ribs? , those look killer @Mickey ours here as well don't have much meat, but on occasion 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • six_egg
    six_egg Posts: 1,110
    Options
    Wow very nice. Never heard of that kind before.

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    used to be hard to find a good meaty rack of those but now even the shiner bone racks dont exist
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Legume said:
    I have tried them a few times in the past but they’ve never had meat on top of the bone, always trimmed flush and just the meat between the bones, so I gave up.  Those look great, I would try again in a heartbeat if I could find those.
    They have a section “ @Mickey ‘s Special Reserve“ which mortals like us are not allowed to see. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.