Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - For Car Lovers: Some Recent Exotic Spottings

Options

Comments

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    BSR said:
    Not exactly an exotic but my job is engineering a few of these... I'll have to take some pictures around the paddock at the next race.

This is exotic and then some. Please tell us more. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    Options
    Mick Schumacher and Formula One - dang you are running in extremely top-shelf company right there.  Good move to kick the political trash thread to the curb!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • BSR
    BSR Posts: 165
    Options
    BSR said:
    Not exactly an exotic but my job is engineering a few of these... I'll have to take some pictures around the paddock at the next race.

This is exotic and then some. Please tell us more. 

They're LMP3 we run in IMSA Prototype Challenge and Weathertech. I'll take some pics at Watkins Glen later this month. I just broke my last phone so I actually had to pull that one from Google.
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    dbCooper said:
    I have a thing for old tractors and machinery, this Buffalo-Springfield got my attention today...

Nice!
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Very cool....reminds me of some of my early cars.  This tractor was invented before the tractor seat, it's so old.
    Options
    Very cool....reminds me of some of my early cars.  This tractor was invented before the tractor seat, it's so old.
    You have rust in NOLA? Wet, but no salt?
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Eoin said:
    You have rust in NOLA? Wet, but no salt?
    I've only been here 30 years.  No salt except from the sea.  Had some rusty old vehicles back when I lived in Texas.

Options
    dbCooper said:
    I have a thing for old tractors and machinery, this Buffalo-Springfield got my attention today...

Have you been to the Annual Threshing Bee in Madison, SD?  Most of their equipment is well kept up, and runs (some so old they burn coal!) You'll be covered in soot by the end of the day, but really cool.

https://www.travelsouthdakota.com/madison/events/historical-events/prairie-village-annual-steam-threshing-jamboree

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,649
    Options
    @dbCooper almost a actual steam roller. Looks like maybe a gas engine.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,081
    Options
    Botch said:
    dbCooper said:

Have you been to the Annual Threshing Bee in Madison, SD?  Most of their equipment is well kept up, and runs (some so old they burn coal!) You'll be covered in soot by the end of the day, but really cool.

https://www.travelsouthdakota.com/madison/events/historical-events/prairie-village-annual-steam-threshing-jamboree

@Botch I was not aware of that event, it looks like a good one, thanks for the info.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,081
    Options
    @dbCooper almost a actual steam roller. Looks like maybe a gas engine.

@alaskanassasin That is indeed a gas engine, with a updraft carburetor.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    One of the sweetest rides I’ve seen around here in a while (and I spotted but didn’t photograph a Maclaren last week).

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    I bet this bike would have a story or two if it could talk....

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,296
    Options
    How about two big gas powered SUVs parked in electric vehicle parking places and blocking the chargers?
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    The story might just be "my law firm is doing great and finally I have some leisure time so I can join the non-conformists group of like minded non-conformists"
    Options
    While on car charging systems, the whole infrastructure (charging devices/availability) is a complete new world order from oil powered vehicles.  The oil industry companies sponsored their branded stations but the consumers had a choice as all the vehicles could use any company's fuel.
    With the electrics the manufacturers are doing the installing and since the charging stations and vehicles are not interchangeable it becomes a different way to manage travel.  At least that's how I see it.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    How about two big gas powered SUVs parked in electric vehicle parking places and blocking the chargers?
     I saw that in a small down town area. First I thought dvck… then I thought why would they put a charge port in a premium parking area. Maybe put the charger somewhere out of the way.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Eoin
    Options
    Unfortunately, that's something you get used to when you drive an EV. No enforcement and the selfish f*&$£#@s don't care. EV charging spots should always be at the far side of the car park, so lazy fat people don't take the spaces because they won't walk 50 yards.
  • Eoin
    Options
     I saw that in a small down town area. First I thought dvck… then I thought why would they put a charge port in a premium parking area. Maybe put the charger somewhere out of the way.
    Exacty, but the problem is that they don't want to run a long cable from the building, so nearer is easier to install.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    While on car charging systems, the whole infrastructure (charging devices/availability) is a complete new world order from oil powered vehicles.  The oil industry companies sponsored their branded stations but the consumers had a choice as all the vehicles could use any company's fuel.
    With the electrics the manufacturers are doing the installing and since the charging stations and vehicles are not interchangeable it becomes a different way to manage travel.  At least that's how I see it.  FWIW-
    In this case they blocked two of the non Tesla level 2 chargers. The Tesla’s places were all unoccupied. 
  • Eoin
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    There is a standard socket and commercial chargers are available to all. Tesla is the only 'exclusive' network.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    edited July 2021
    Options
    As to premium parking places so far I go to 3 locations. The local ElectrifyAmerica fast chargers are locate the greatest distance possible from the stores in the outlet mall though the nearest to the interstate paralling transmission line. The nearest EA station in Alabama is located 10 miles north of Mobile, in the back corner of Walmart parking lot but closer to the road. These level two chargers are located on the first floor of a parking garage but on the backside of the mall and closest only to a Belkes that is going out of business Also there were 10 vacant parking places closer to the store. In all cases access to the local power supply seems to determine the location. 
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Eoin said:
    lousubcap said:
    There is a standard socket and commercial chargers are available to all. Tesla is the only 'exclusive' network.
    Agreed though Nissan Leafs still use Chademo connectors for fast charging. Plus my local Shell station has : 87 octane unleaded, a mid grade unleaded gasoline, premium gasoline, alcohol free gasoline, and diesel. By my count that is 6 different fuels.
  • BSR
    BSR Posts: 165
    Options
    Snuck my egg and cooler in with my wiring tools for this weekends LMP3 race at Watkins Glen.

Despite grilling some amazing pork belly and a bunch of other stuff this was the only thing I had time to take a picture of. Fortunately a bunch of people pitched in to cook. We did manage to feed 12 hungry people plus some randoms off a mini max, it did involve a fan but hey still counts.

Between grilling and working I only managed to take one pic of the actual cars. This was during driver change practice.

• Eoin
    Options
    Eoin said:
    lousubcap said:
    Agreed though Nissan Leafs still use Chademo connectors for fast charging. Plus my local Shell station has : 87 octane unleaded, a mid grade unleaded gasoline, premium gasoline, alcohol free gasoline, and diesel. By my count that is 6 different fuels.
    I thought you had CCS2 standardised now?
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Eoin said:
    lousubcap said:
    I thought you had CCS2 standardised now?
    CCS except for Tesla’s and Nissan Leafs are still in production using Chademo connectors. Leafs are the last production cars using Chad, the upcoming Ariya uses CCS. Meanwhile all ElectrifyAmerica stations are required to have one Chademo EVSE for use by the older models and also for Teslas that use an adapter plug. Also thousands of older EVSEs remain as Chademo. 
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    has anyone received their Bronco yet? I am still hell bent on getting one, when do you think they will be in stock at the local dealers?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.