Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A Drone Replaced My BGE Obesession - Token Drumsticks and Salsa

smbishop
smbishop Posts: 3,053
Back in April, I bought a drone and have been obsessed to learn everything about flying this thing.  The BGE and this site has suffered from lack of attention since then.

Here is a video of some Turkey vultures over my property in Central TX:

https://youtu.be/OSocJAiKulg

I have been cooking on the BGE, just not as much.  Today, I pulled out an accessory I bought a few years ago, but never used for the drumsticks.  Indirect, 300, Dizzy Pig Spicy Dizzy Dust, 90 minutes, then basted with Sweet Baby Rays fro 15 minutes more.  Turned out Great!

Also made some @The Cen-Tex Smoker from this thread:  https://bityl.co/7Rnw  for my wife's birthday.  So good!

Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,864
    Good to see you back here man!  I watched a little of the drone footage - pretty cool how you got it up above the vultures like that.  You have a beautiful property there too.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,597
    Which drone did you go with? I’m almost ready to pull the trigger on the DJI FPV combo.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,163
    Welcome back.  Nice job on that video clip.  Beautiful land right there.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Nice.
    Which drone did you go with? I’m almost ready to pull the trigger on the DJI FPV combo.
    I'm going to guess DJI Mini 2

Nice.

Based on picture quality?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    I was going to ask the same thing.  I have a DJI Spark and love flying it.  I just haven't found any really good places to fly it, recently.  

Here is a "mini-planet" I shot a while back in Arizona.

Clinton, Iowa
  • nolaegghead
    Nice.

Based on another video he posted with that name.  I'm a regular Sherlock.

Man Iowa sure has changed.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,597
    Missed the Arizona but of that!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• smbishop
    Good to see you back here man!  I watched a little of the drone footage - pretty cool how you got it up above the vultures like that.  You have a beautiful property there too.  
    Thanks John!
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • smbishop
    The DJI Mini 2, it continues to receive great reviews on YouTube.  I am very happy with the purchase!
  • smbishop
    Nice.

Of course!
  • smbishop
    Nice.

There are a lot of reviews comparing the picture quality to more expensive drones, it truly matches up.  Don't use my footage as an example!
  • smbishop
    edited June 2021
    Langner91 said:
    I was going to ask the same thing.  I have a DJI Spark and love flying it.  I just haven't found any really good places to fly it, recently.  

Great shot, I am not sure I am up to FPV flying, yet!  Oops, I thought you said their FPV drone.  The Spark gets good reviews, the Mini 2 would be a great upgrade.  They are also re-promoting the origininal Mini that will use the Mini 2 controller, cheaper than the Mini 2, but still a great bargin.
  • smbishop
    lousubcap said:
    Welcome back.  Nice job on that video clip.  Beautiful land right there.  
    Thank you!
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,864
    Langner91 said:

You know how I know this is fake?  Because the Earth is actually a flat disk.  I have read this on the intertubes.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • nolaegghead
    Don't get drunk and try flying your drone at Butt Blast.  Ask me how I know....