Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Fathers Day 2021, What did you cook?

TEXASBGE2018TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,289
edited June 20 in EggHead Forum
I mowed the lawn, then cooked Beef Plate Ribs, Baked Potatoes, and Homemade Blueberry Cobbler with Blue Bell Icecream. Also got this cool gift from my kiddos.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

Comments

• WolfpackWolfpack Posts: 3,469
    Tri tip for us- had my mom and dad over as well. Now playing some board games. Happy Father’s Day to everyone. No pics so it may or may not have happened

Greensboro, NC
  • BotchBotch Posts: 11,850
    I would kill for that blueberry cobbler, Yum!  
    Too hot here to grill, I'm not a father anyway; baloney sammich w/mustard.  

• RRPRRP Posts: 24,124
    Spares as I write!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • I mowed the lawn, then cooked Beef Plate Ribs, Baked Potatoes, and Homemade Blueberry Cobbler with Blue Bell Icecream. Also got this cool gift from my kiddos.

As I’ve said before, great lawn and great setting. Where are you located? I’m on mobile, so can’t see if it’s in your sig line. 
  • TEXASBGE2018TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,289
    I mowed the lawn, then cooked Beef Plate Ribs, Baked Potatoes, and Homemade Blueberry Cobbler with Blue Bell Icecream. Also got this cool gift from my kiddos.

As I’ve said before, great lawn and great setting. Where are you located? I’m on mobile, so can’t see if it’s in your sig line. 
    I'm in North Texas, Dallas Area

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• stv8rstv8r Posts: 951
    edited June 21
    We steamed a bushel of crabs and 18 ears of corn.  It was fantastic!  Also some burgers, dogs and ribs on the grill.  Great day!
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 24,380
    Great result right there.  Brews or not, nailed the ring as well.  Congrats @chard.  
    Louisville; "indeterminate Jim" here.  Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!
  • JohnnyTarheelJohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,399
    Great meal!!!   We had rain in NC so didn’t grill…Happy Father’s Day!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 19,608
    Just a few burgers

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Langner91Langner91 Posts: 585
    I have been wanting street corn!  That looks awesome!
    Clinton, Iowa
  • Langner91Langner91 Posts: 585
    I grilled a 16oz. Prime ribeye from Sam's.  It was so good, I failed to take pictures!
    Clinton, Iowa
  • Pen_MakerPen_Maker Posts: 2
    Ribs...in Maine
    Large in Boothbay, Maine
  • jdMyersjdMyers Posts: 708
    SonVolt said:
    Still fine tuning my NY style wood-fired pizza.

Looks great.  What type of oven?   Are you making your own dough?
    Columbus, Ohio
  • SonVoltSonVolt Posts: 3,035
    edited June 21
    jdMyers said:
    SonVolt said:
    Still fine tuning my NY style wood-fired pizza.

Looks great.  What type of oven?   Are you making your own dough?

Thanks. I purchased a Fontana Forni Marinara last winter.  

I'm using a dough calculator from PizzaMaking.com to tweak my recipe. The above pizza is listed below w/notes. I'm using GM All Trumps flour currently. 

South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • TechsasJimTechsasJim Posts: 198
    Tomahawks for the soon to be son in law and pork temderloin and grilled asparagus as well
    LBGE, HCI 9.4, SE Texas
  • xfire_ATXxfire_ATX Posts: 987
    I mowed the lawn, jumped in community pool.  Then went to the local Dog Haus for .01 pint, Chicago style dog and Cheese tots.  I didnt have to cook or clean.
    LBGE, Charbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Yeti 65, RTIC 20, Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • ColbyLangColbyLang Posts: 1,488
    16.6# SRF Black Grade brisket.

no cut shots. Just this Smokey one when asked how much longer….