Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fathers Day 2021, What did you cook?

TEXASBGE2018
TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
edited June 2021 in EggHead Forum
I mowed the lawn, then cooked Beef Plate Ribs, Baked Potatoes, and Homemade Blueberry Cobbler with Blue Bell Icecream. Also got this cool gift from my kiddos.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

Comments

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Tri tip for us- had my mom and dad over as well. Now playing some board games. Happy Father’s Day to everyone. No pics so it may or may not have happened

Greensboro, NC
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    I would kill for that blueberry cobbler, Yum!  
    Too hot here to grill, I'm not a father anyway; baloney sammich w/mustard.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Spares as I write!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • I mowed the lawn, then cooked Beef Plate Ribs, Baked Potatoes, and Homemade Blueberry Cobbler with Blue Bell Icecream. Also got this cool gift from my kiddos.

As I’ve said before, great lawn and great setting. Where are you located? I’m on mobile, so can’t see if it’s in your sig line. 
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    I mowed the lawn, then cooked Beef Plate Ribs, Baked Potatoes, and Homemade Blueberry Cobbler with Blue Bell Icecream. Also got this cool gift from my kiddos.

As I’ve said before, great lawn and great setting. Where are you located? I’m on mobile, so can’t see if it’s in your sig line. 
    I'm in North Texas, Dallas Area

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• stv8r
    stv8r Posts: 1,127
    edited June 2021
    We steamed a bushel of crabs and 18 ears of corn.  It was fantastic!  Also some burgers, dogs and ribs on the grill.  Great day!
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,167
    Great result right there.  Brews or not, nailed the ring as well.  Congrats @chard.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,533
    Great meal!!!   We had rain in NC so didn’t grill…Happy Father’s Day!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Just a few burgers

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    I have been wanting street corn!  That looks awesome!
    Clinton, Iowa
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    I grilled a 16oz. Prime ribeye from Sam's.  It was so good, I failed to take pictures!
    Clinton, Iowa
  • Pen_Maker
    Pen_Maker Posts: 2
    Ribs...in Maine
    Large in Boothbay, Maine
  • jdMyers
    jdMyers Posts: 1,336
    SonVolt said:
    Still fine tuning my NY style wood-fired pizza.

Looks great.  What type of oven?   Are you making your own dough?
    Columbus, Ohio
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    edited June 2021
    jdMyers said:
    SonVolt said:
    Still fine tuning my NY style wood-fired pizza.

Looks great.  What type of oven?   Are you making your own dough?

Thanks. I purchased a Fontana Forni Marinara last winter.  

I'm using a dough calculator from PizzaMaking.com to tweak my recipe. The above pizza is listed below w/notes. I'm using GM All Trumps flour currently. 

South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,908
    Tomahawks for the soon to be son in law and pork temderloin and grilled asparagus as well
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,110
    I mowed the lawn, jumped in community pool.  Then went to the local Dog Haus for .01 pint, Chicago style dog and Cheese tots.  I didnt have to cook or clean.
    XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    16.6# SRF Black Grade brisket.

no cut shots. Just this Smokey one when asked how much longer….