Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Chef-ing Tonight, Dr?

Options

Comments

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Plz help me unsubscribe, thread makes me hungry even after eating food. 
    You have to use ALLCAPS to unscribe.  Sometimes it takes several posts, so don’t be shy.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Acn said:
    Pork chops, grilled onion, and sautéed green beans and shallot, with balsamic and ume plum vinegar.

Grilled onions are just magic.  I challenge anyone to mention a better cost to flavor ratio food.  The smell, anticipation, and snacking while grilling are all fantastic.  

Great plate right there. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    Acn said:
    Pork chops, grilled onion, and sautéed green beans and shallot, with balsamic and ume plum vinegar.

Grilled onions are just magic.  I challenge anyone to mention a better cost to flavor ratio food.  The smell, anticipation, and snacking while grilling are all fantastic.  

Great plate right there. 
    Popcorn.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Legume said:
    kl8ton said:
    Acn said:

Great plate right there. 
    Popcorn.
    I am over popcorn.  But, this is a good suggestion.  Had it way too much as a kid.  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Side ribs. Haven’t done these in a very long while….

Sweet looking ribs during and after the cook.  Nailed 'em.  Congrats.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    Options
    Working on some BBQ chicken for Father’s Day dinner smoked with some pecan chunks and finished with dreamland sauce.

LBGE
    AL
  • gmanrva
    gmanrva Posts: 424
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    Panko crusted cod, bacon wrapped green beans, and green chili mashed potatoes. 

That looks outstanding!
    LGE Mechanicsville Va, XLGE Wake Va., LGE Duck NC.
    Formely Gman2 before password debacle 
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options

First time doing ribs in a while.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    shtgunal3 said:

Homegrown bantam chicken egg sandwich. Perfect size for a slider bun.
    Looks good. I did something similar for lunch. Good eats. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Leftovers 
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    Panko crusted cod, bacon wrapped green beans, and green chili mashed potatoes. 

I'm envious of your photography skills.  What camera are you using? Is it a hobby of yours? I'm curious where to get started. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    Acn said:

Great plate right there. 
    Yes!  They’re great to have as leftovers too - chopped and heated and mixed with grated cheddar in the omelette for today’s lunch.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    @SonVolt Photography looks great.  I like the (what I presume is) dusk lighting, good contrast.  If you had just a little fill lighting it would be pro level.  You can move next to a white wall or hold up a white card to reflect the light, do some fill flash (best off-camera tho).
    Options
    oh yeah, food looks even better
    Options
    Sausage peppers and onions. Served over pasta and bread.
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• gmanrva
    gmanrva Posts: 424
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Caveman steak one more time!  
    A cut I had never heard of but was part of a deal??   Zabuton (8 oz) American wagyu and quite rich.  It was great.
    Side one-

Now for the flip-
    And the $$ shot-

I will go again.  
    Thanks for lookin-

Perfection!!
    LGE Mechanicsville Va, XLGE Wake Va., LGE Duck NC.
    Formely Gman2 before password debacle