Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Big ole burgers on the GG’s

Options
Powak
Powak Posts: 1,391
I’ve done this Malcolm Reed method before but on the stock bge grate. https://youtu.be/pGVzEZdVK44
 Just picked up some Grillgrates recently and had been cookin on the backs of em for smash burgers but decided what the hell I’ll try Malcolms method, and let me tell you they were delicious. I’ve actually gotta credit these grates with saving my cook because I had an interruption between one of the 1/4 turns and probably went 8 minutes on one side before flipping and these burgers still came out juicy and not burnt to a crisp.

Comments

• cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,194
    Options
    looks awesome!
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,836
    Options
    Yep.  I'm a big fan of burgers on grill grates.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    edited June 2021
    Options
    great looking bogya's!
    What did you season them with?
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Powak
    Options
    loco_engr said:
    great looking bogya's!
    What did you season them with?
    Thanks! Man I used Kansas City Steak Rub made by Nutmeg Spice Company. Check em out. They make great spice mixes that they bottle in 8oz tall boys for mom and pop shops to resell with their stores labels on em. I love their prime rib rub too.
  • Powak
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    Yep.  I'm a big fan of burgers on grill grates.
    Love that spatula too. Goes right between the bars and picks up the burgers without playing a game of chase.