Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I’m back!! Minimax

Options
Got a new minimax added to the collection today! Going to sear off a giant tomahawk I’ve got soaking in the sous vide!! Feels good to have an egg around my house again. Though the XL and small are helping keep my river house booked solid!!

XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,391
    Options
    Lookin' orphaned in the LoneStarz Santa Maria rig right there. But clean and a great add to the arsenal.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Nice! I enjoy my MM. I hope you like yours as much. the Santa Maria grill is nice too. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    edited June 2021
    Options
    I have a small but it's still in the outdoor kitchen at my rental property. I've been missing the searing action. I failed at pictures. But cooked the best looking steak I've made since leaving that property!

XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Looking good brother grim. Looking good 👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    a ceramic double boiler…Ha Ha
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Got a new minimax added to the collection today! 
    Brother Grim how do you like the MM compared to your other BGE’s?

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Thatgrimguy
    Options
    SGH said:
    Got a new minimax added to the collection today! 
    Brother Grim how do you like the MM compared to your other BGE’s?
    I bought it for the very specific purpose of searing. I'm sure I'll like other parts but it performed pretty similar to my small. Which is the best searing experience I've ever had. I need to play with this some but for a first time out the gate it's awesome.

I do need a woo or something to get the grate up.  
  • BikerBob
    BikerBob Posts: 284
    Options
    I picked one up last year for the mountain place. I can put it up in the barn when we leave easily. It will cook a for eight hours of low and slow. With two people it is big enough. I really am happy with mine and hope you will be too. 
    Cooking on the coast
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    BikerBob said:
    I picked one up last year for the mountain place. I can put it up in the barn when we leave easily. It will cook a for eight hours of low and slow. With two people it is big enough. I really am happy with mine and hope you will be too. 
    Ohh nice!!! that's what i was hoping for!! I would love to take it in the rv and do some low and slows while we play on the lake

• Thatgrimguy
    Options
    I've used it now 3 times in 24 hours... so yeah. I guess I like it, lol.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Good to see ya back, and with a new toy :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    Niiiice! And I love the grill table you bought for it!
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    blind99 said:
    Niiiice! And I love the grill table you bought for it!
    The adjustable table top was a real seller.  =)