Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Zoom/Speakeasy; The Final Act-Friday May 28 opening at 5 PM/10 PM (EDT/BST)-no 3rd rail limits!

Options
lousubcap
lousubcap Posts: 32,336
I have expected this day to come, as Willie Nelson says:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmQuIpM4h6A
In keeping with the international flavour, doors open as noted above as our friends from across the Pond will drop in.  
The social and mental enjoyment of this past year+ afforded by the Friday night interactions have been invaluable.  I have obviously very much enjoyed the whole deal.  
Thank you to all who have engaged and contributed to the great and entertaining Friday evenings.  I cannot put a value on the laughs and learning experiences that I have experienced and enjoyed.
See ya 5/28 and as an added attraction, there will not be any third rail constraints.
Stay healthy and safe out there.  
Cap
P.S.  the details:
You will enjoy yourself however long you visit.  Social distancing is a given. Beverage(s) of your choice.  
Politics and religion make up the third rail and are off-limits.
Upfront thanks to @JohnInCarolina (aka The Chairman) for enabling this to happen for the entire time.
Zoom site linked here:   https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89600782373     
Password is unchanged since inception 13 months ago and will be gladly provided, just ask.
Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,944
    Options
    No limits, Frank?  

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Given the last hurrah, I thought it would serve as an enticement and perhaps get those who have been in the shadows to stop in.  B)  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Oh shite. It’s on now...

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    I will be attending a wedding in California. Festivity decorum may prevent me from making an appearance. I will try however given it may be a final zoom with no off-limit topics. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @SciAggie - given the early start relative to CA hopefully you can find a window of opportunity.  
  • SciAggie
    Options
    @lousubcap I will make an effort. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • bella21
    bella21 Posts: 45
    Options
    I'm new here, but wouldn't mind stopping in. @lousubcap
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @bella21 Welcome aboard and enjoy the journey.  Above all, have fun.
    Glad you are gonna consider dropping in.  Picture your favorite place to hang-out and enjoy friends, conversation, entertainment and most of the crowd that flows thru.  That's the function that the Zoom/Speakeasy has attempted to create (to the extent you can on-line) for the past year.  
    PM with password sent.  
  • Stormbringer
    Stormbringer Posts: 2,069
    Options
    It's the way of things ... https://youtu.be/ZeMlQEWEg2Q
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    I was going to drop a teaser about my latest theory, but don't want to discourage any new folks from joining. Y'all will have to want until Friday...

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    I want be able to attend as I will be down in Florida at wedding events. I wish you and all attendees the very best. Thanks for the ride Cap!

Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @dmchicago - I shoulda upped the rate early on!  But you do get what you pay for!
    BTW- I fully intend to roll in to the CT (Central Texas) Q brisket scene anchored in Austin late this year as by then it will be around 2.5 years since the last fix/run.  Forewarned is forearmed.  
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @dmchicago - I shoulda upped the rate early on!  But you do get what you pay for!
    BTW- I fully intend to roll in to the CT (Central Texas) Q brisket scene anchored in Austin late this year as by then it will be around 2.5 years since the last fix/run.  Forewarned is forearmed.  
    I would be honored to ride along, sir.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    I would love to join and help burn this sucker down but I'll be in Aspen biking, hiking, whitewater rafting and eating like a fat kid at a carnival.

Oh, and partaking of all that is legal in Colorado....

Between this and washing your bunghole with warm caressing water all the time, your life really is rough.  I don’t know how you’re holding up.
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    I would love to join and help burn this sucker down but I'll be in Aspen biking, hiking, whitewater rafting and eating like a fat kid at a carnival.

Oh, and partaking of all that is legal in Colorado....

Between this and washing your bunghole with warm caressing water all the time, your life really is rough.  I don’t know how you’re holding up.
    Colorado sells a product that provides it's own special brand of Motherly Hug.

In fact, it's probably called Motherly Hug....or should be!
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,467
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    lousubcap said:
    I would be honored to ride along, sir.
    As would I; a visit to Lockhart/Austin is on my Bucket List.  My reunion with my college buddies/ladies from ISU last weekend was a blast, but damn they all got old in the last four decades!  
    Now that the pandemic restrictions are starting to ease, this retirement thing is getting more interesting.   :)  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• lousubcap
    Options
    @Botch- We can finesse this given every day is Saturday.  I have one potential scheduling deal that I need to sort out (I'm not driving it but the gub'mint is on the other end).  Probably not nailed down til late summer but once sorted out then it is Game On.  
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    I have a sold out campground to run but if in a position to join..   I will for sure! 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,759
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    I will be attending a wedding in California. Festivity decorum may prevent me from making an appearance. I will try however given it may be a final zoom with no off-limit topics. 
    where in Ca, @SciAggie ?
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • SciAggie
    Options
    Santa Rosa, Kenwood - Sonoma valley area. 
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Im around tomorrow. I’ll jump on for a bit early. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Stormbringer
    Stormbringer Posts: 2,069
    edited May 2021
    Options
    For this evening's beverage at the Zoom call, I will be having a 2008 J Christopher Sandra Adele Pinot Noir. Unless we get through all of that with the duck a l'orange, in which case a Vinteloper SH18 Shiraz. What variety of vino collapso will you be having @CPFC1905? Cya in three hours!
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk

• lousubcap
    Options
    Not nearly as sophisticated as @Stormbringer .  Will chase a few chargrilled oysters with some domestic Chandon sparkling wine in advance of the show.  After that will pace a few E.H. Taylor Small Batch bourbons.  
    T-90 minutes!  Be there!
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,610
    Options
    If I had a damn cell phone booster I could join.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    I want be able to attend as I will be down in Florida at wedding events. I wish you and all attendees the very best. Thanks for the ride Cap!

So much truth to the above. So easy to fall into the mindset of “if only I had X, I would be happy.” Easy to believe that others who are happy just live in perfect circumstances, paving the way for it. Making your own happiness in spite of your circumstances is the only way. 

One of the kindest souls I ever met was a man who lived on my street as a kid. I didn’t know him well. I was young and in junior high then. When waiting at the city bus stop together, he always took the time to greet me with a wide smile and make small talk, showing genuine interest in me - in my schooling and pursuits. Years later, I learned he developed aggressive brain cancer. This ultimately led to the removal of a very significant portion of his skull. His smile was still as wide then as it was prior to his illness. Right up until his passing. 

That man taught me an important lesson. Tearing up just sharing this. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    And it's on!  We're up and rolling with our friends across the pond.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options