Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tongue Oil?

Options
Anyone no about this stuff?  The wife told me to go get some an at first I thought whoa might be a hot nite but then she said I could find it at Ace an I didn’t think it was that kinda store.  

Comments

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,297
    Options
    That would be Tung Oil. My grandpa had a Tung Nut Tree in his yard.
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Use it on the stocks of my M1 Garands.....that or linseed oil.  
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Plural!?!  I was just on the CMP website a few days ago.  I want to get one or two.  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    Plural!?!  I was just on the CMP website a few days ago.  I want to get one or two.  
    Of course......they are addictive.  You're not going to stop at two.
  • FlyOverCountry
    Options
    Not the kinda gun I was lookin to get tongued outta this but OK.  
    Reminds me of that song they taught us in the Army this is my rifle this is my gun this is for fire an this is for fun!  
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @stlcharcoal M1’s are an experience to hold and shoot. It sounds silly, but there is so much history behind them. Such a great firearm. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Anyone no about this stuff?  The wife told me to go get some an at first I thought whoa might be a hot nite but then she said I could find it at Ace an I didn’t think it was that kinda store.  
    Focus on the tongue game and maybe the oil won’t be necessary. 
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Heard it does wonders on wood. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,974
    Options

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • PigBeanUs
    PigBeanUs Posts: 932
    Options
    Any provenance on that M1?
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    That would be Tung Oil. My grandpa had a Tung Nut Tree in his yard.
    We also had a few on the property back in the 70’s. At one time they was very prevalent in this area. With that said, I don’t think I have seen one in over 30 years.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.