Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Daughter wants me find a BGE Chimenea

Options
loco_engr
loco_engr Posts: 5,765
edited March 2021 in EggHead Forum
anyone?
already checked ebay & craigslist, no luck  :|
aka marysvilleksegghead
Lrg 2008
mini 2009
XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
Henny Youngman:
I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    loco_engr said:
    anyone?
    Hmmm, that million bucks you left her already in your will isn’t enough? Spoiled child, huh?
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,025
    edited March 2021
    Options
    RRP said:
    loco_engr said:
    anyone?
    Hmmm, that million bucks you left her already in your will isn’t enough? Spoiled child, huh?
    Really? Unless I'm missing some inside joke...

(The flag wasn't from me. The statement comes off really condescending if it's not some joke between you two.)
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    If you stumble across 1 at a fair price...great.
    If not, no rational reason to hunt 1 down.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Patience.   You will eventually find one.  They aren't that expensive.  You may have to wait 8 months and drive 1500 miles but you will create memories and those are priceless.  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    If you cross a BGE with a stick burner do you get a chimera?
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    RRP said:
    loco_engr said:
    anyone?

(The flag wasn't from me. The statement comes off really condescending if it's not some joke between you two.)
    My guess is it is an inside joke between two multimillionaires.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• loco_engr
    Options
    SGH said:
    WeberWho said:
    RRP said:
    loco_engr said:
    anyone?

I can't speak for RRP . . . but I'm very far away from multimillionaire class
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • RRP
    edited March 2021
    Options
    loco_engr said:
    SGH said:
    WeberWho said:
    RRP said:
    loco_engr said:
    anyone?

LOL - and here all this time I thought it might have been that daughter who flagged me last night for my reply to you! I just thought I was being funny on the spur of the moment!

Just like last week as well - I ordered a simple $7 product from a wood catalogue. I was dumbfounded to get a question back asking me why I ordered it!!!  So I just replied "so I can throw rocks at it!".
  • RRP
    Options
    RRP said:
    loco_engr said:
    SGH said:
    WeberWho said:
    RRP said:
    loco_engr said:
    anyone?

LOL - and here all this time I thought it might have been that daughter who flagged me last night for my reply to you! I just thought I was being funny on the spur of the moment!

Just like last week as well - I ordered a simple $7 product from a wood catalogue. I was dumbfounded to get a question back asking me why I ordered it!!!  So I just replied "so I can throw rocks at it!".
    LOL and I got flagged again! Some loser must be getting their jollies off flagging me! 
  • loco_engr
    Options
    RRP said:
    loco_engr said:
    SGH said:
    WeberWho said:
    RRP said:
    loco_engr said:
    anyone?

pretty sure it wasn't my daughter that flagged you Ron
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
  • PeteSliver
    PeteSliver Posts: 153
    Options
    These may be dumb questions but do you make a chiminea out of an egg?  And how do you flag someone?  What does that mean?
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I don't know.
    Options
    These may be dumb questions but do you make a chiminea out of an egg?
    Makes one ponder doesn’t it 🧐

And how do you flag someone?
    With a flag 🚩

What does that mean?
    No one knows 🤷🏼‍♂️

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• loco_engr
    Options
    bump
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
  • HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    Options
    I’ve had a Craigslist search set up for years for one - still no credible hits (lots of Spider Man and Darth Vader chimineas, but no BGE). One day…
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com
  • Teefus
    Teefus Posts: 1,208
    Options
    What does one do with a BGE Chiminea? I'm assuming you light a tiny fire in it and enjoy the ambience but does it throw heat? Can you roast weenies over the chimney? I guess I never understood the how and why of a BGE Chiminea.
    Michiana, South of the border.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Teefus said:
    What does one do with a BGE Chiminea? I'm assuming you light a tiny fire in it and enjoy the ambience but does it throw heat? Can you roast weenies over the chimney? I guess I never understood the how and why of a BGE Chiminea.
    @Jeremiah
  • Kevinboatright
    Options
    What does a BGE Chiminea go for, if you can find one? 

$100? $1000? 
    Atlanta, GA 

LBGE, Mini-Max, Mini, 1995 BGE Chiminea, 22" Blackstone, Weber Genesis E-310. 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,025
    Options

$100? $1000? 
    It all depends on the condition and if the seller knows what they have. I can't imagine there is much of a "want" outside the forum. They're getting harder to find and in good condition. I'd say the average price sits somewhere around the three bills mark. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Kevinboatright
    Options
    WeberWho said:

$100? $1000? 
    It all depends on the condition and if the seller knows what they have. I can't imagine there is much of a "want" outside the forum. They're getting harder to find and in good condition. I'd say the average price sits somewhere around the three bills mark. 
    Makes sense. I have 2 that are used but in amazing  condition and was not sure if was sitting on a gold mine or not. 
    Atlanta, GA 

LBGE, Mini-Max, Mini, 1995 BGE Chiminea, 22" Blackstone, Weber Genesis E-310. 
  • WesJohnson
    WesJohnson Posts: 130
    edited May 2021
    Options
    RRP said:
    loco_engr said:
    SGH said:
    WeberWho said:
    RRP said:
    loco_engr said:
    anyone?

Flagged for early onset dementia. See a doctor, Ron. 
    I used to be able to name every nut that there was. 
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Teefus said:
    About four years ago, I bought one from a dealer who needed the money.  They were repairing their shop after a fire.  I think I paid $200 or maybe $250.  I don't recall exactly.  I've been sitting on it ever since.  Now that we have a new deck with a roof under construction, I figure the eggs and related toys are going to reside on the deck.  Let the good times roll! 
    edit: We roast marshmallows and cook doughboys on the odd times we fire it up on the driveway.  I'm sure it will add a bit of ambience as well.
    Flint, Michigan
  • sancho65
    sancho65 Posts: 226
    Options

$100? $1000? 
    I have seen people Asking from anywhere from $400-$1500 
    XL, Large, 2 Small's and Mini BGE Arlington Texas
  • sancho65
    sancho65 Posts: 226
    edited May 2021
    Options
    WeberWho said:

$100? $1000? 
    Try finding a Blue one!
    I had to search high and low!! 
    And drive 9 hours one way to go pick it up!!

Then I was able I locate a Unglazed Chiminea and I had a family member pick it up for me out of state and will pick it up when time permits!!

Sorry the picture flipped!🤷🏽‍♂️

I also have a unused Green one

I am just a weird bird!! 

I also know of another person who has a triple set of Chiminea’s. 
    XL, Large, 2 Small's and Mini BGE Arlington Texas
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,512
    Options
    Open a chimuseum!
    canuckland
  • RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    Finally, some pictures.
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    Options
    I want one of these worse than a solo stove.  BGE should come back out with them.  I am sure they would sell to dummies like me!
    Clinton, Iowa