Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The best thing you've ever cooked on a BGE?

Options
124»

Comments

• MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,373
    Options

Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • DonWW
    DonWW Posts: 424
    Options

Cooked, then FTC for 90+ minutes.  So good.
    XL and Medium.  Dallas, Texas.
  • gmanrva
    gmanrva Posts: 424
    Options
    Yno said:
    I would have to go with my New Year/Wedding Anniversary Beef Wellington. It was a lot of prep work over three days, but it was worth it. Ynette loved it, and it truly impressed our two semi "daughters" who shared it with us. It isn't something I would make too often, though.

I do have to say that I love doing tri-tips. They are easy to come by and don't take too long to cook, and it is lot's of fun experimenting with different rubs and marinades. My current favorite is a home made teriyaki marinade. Yum!

Great bottle of wine you have there. What vintage?
    LGE Mechanicsville Va, XLGE Wake Va., LGE Duck NC.
    Formely Gman2 before password debacle 
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    gmanrva said:
    Yno said:
    I would have to go with my New Year/Wedding Anniversary Beef Wellington. It was a lot of prep work over three days, but it was worth it. Ynette loved it, and it truly impressed our two semi "daughters" who shared it with us. It isn't something I would make too often, though.

I do have to say that I love doing tri-tips. They are easy to come by and don't take too long to cook, and it is lot's of fun experimenting with different rubs and marinades. My current favorite is a home made teriyaki marinade. Yum!

Great bottle of wine you have there. What vintage?
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,420
    Options
    Hands down, the Snake River Farms black grade brisket I did on NYE 2020. It was unbelievable 
  • dannys
    dannys Posts: 164
    Options
    No photos but I've cooked chickens on the Joe a couple of times now. Got rave reviews each time. I think I convinced my nephews wife that he needs to buy an egg.
  • Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,516
    Options
    DonWW said:

Cooked, then FTC for 90+ minutes.  So good.
    Wait, wait, wait, wait .... you're not getting away with posting something like that and not giving us the full recipe.  Prep (including seasoning), dome temp, direct/indirect, time of cook, internal temp taken off at ... we need the details ... all of 'em!
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • schizoid2k
    Options
    Boneless Prime Rib... I made a few of these and they always come out incredible!

Salt/Pepper/Garlic the 24 hours before, then set in fridge uncovered.
    Egg @ 300 indirect.
    15 - 20 min per pound.  Internal temp to 135
    Slather on some butter with s/p/g occasionally.
    Rest for 30 min.

• jetman96
    jetman96 Posts: 127
    Options
    Pineapple. ;)
    Cincinnati, OH
    Large BGE
  • MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,373
    Options
    jetman96 said:
    Pineapple. ;)
    Oh yeah, Pineapple
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • DonWW
    DonWW Posts: 424
    Options
    DonWW said:

Look above for the pic.
    Wait, wait, wait, wait .... you're not getting away with posting something like that and not giving us the full recipe.  Prep (including seasoning), dome temp, direct/indirect, time of cook, internal temp taken off at ... we need the details ... all of 'em!
    Mark.  I request the butcher slice the bones back, but not off so that they sort of flap.  This allows rub to be placed between the bones and meat.  The rub is Snider's Prime Rib and Roast Rub.  And lots of it.  Use EVOO for a binder if you want.  Tie bones in place.  Indirect cook starts at 450, then dial back as fast as possible to 250.  Pull when internal temp is 120.  I FTC'd for about 90 minutes.  Last thing - get a good bottle of Cabernet or Bordeaux.  Bonus: great ribs.

XL and Medium.  Dallas, Texas.
  • onedbguru
    onedbguru Posts: 1,647
    Options
    Well, this is really a silly question, because EVERYTHING I cook is the best :):):) 
  • TheToast
    TheToast Posts: 376
    Options
    Yno said:

Checking in on this thread because I missed some of the more recent posts. This looks amazing! I need to do a wellington 
  • billyray
    billyray Posts: 1,275
    Options
    Hard to pick just one thing. Ribeye cap, chicken, pork butts.
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small, PBC, PK360, Genesis Summit, Camp Chef Flattop, Smokefire 24, Traeger Pro Series 22 Pellet with a Smoke Daddy insert, Gateway 55 Gal. drum, SNS Kettle w/acc.
  • dannys
    dannys Posts: 164
    Options
    The first Thanksgiving that I did a turkey on the BGE was fabulous!

I come from a big family so we cook 2 turkeys. One the day before and carve it up and into an aluminum pan so it's all set to reheat. The second we do on THE day. It always got too hectic so I decided cook the second on the BGE to free up oven space. Of the two birds the BGE was the first to go. I've done it this way ever since.