Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Will You Be Egging... During the NCAA Tournament?

Options
Duke is out so I plan to look up some recipes involving crow.  Or I might just do the pepper stout beef.  What about you?
"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

Comments

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,339
    Options

Scott Dolson statement: pic.twitter.com/jdbVNExvBo

— Inside the Hall (@insidethehall) March 15, 2021
    IU boosters throwing in 10 mil to buy Archie out.
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Boileregger
    Boileregger Posts: 614
    Options
    ColtsFan said:

Scott Dolson statement: pic.twitter.com/jdbVNExvBo

— Inside the Hall (@insidethehall) March 15, 2021
    IU boosters throwing in 10 mil to buy Archie out.
    Seems premature.  We haven't even gotten to 10 in a row yet.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,043
    Options
    Surprised at the support for a system that seems all about capitalizing on the uncompensated labors of barely-legal adults.  Pretty sure this is the exact type of system all the uprisings have been about.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • REB17
    REB17 Posts: 152
    Options
    You don't consider a college degree compensation?
    LGBE-1999, MBGE-2003, SBGE-2007

Midlothian, VA
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    REB17 said:
    You don't consider a college degree compensation?
    Not fair compensation.  Plus they do not actually seem to learn anything, just a rubber stamp of a degree.

Billion dollar industry.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,947
    Options
    Surprised at the support for a system that seems all about capitalizing on the uncompensated labors of barely-legal adults.  Pretty sure this is the exact type of system all the uprisings have been about.
    Geez man.   Did you really have to go there? 

Keeerist.  What a trouble maker you are.  
  • EzraBrooks
    EzraBrooks Posts: 381
    Options
    I knew a guy in college who was on a 100% paid golf scholarship.  He complained and said he deserved to be paid.  Meanwhile I worked 3 jobs to pay for school.  Given the choice of being on the golf course every day or stocking shelves at the grocery store, manning the grill at McDonald's, and painting houses in the summer time, I'd choose golf every time.  He shut up about it when I made this comparison.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    This is probably going to be futile, but... don't feed the troll.   Ozzie is just trying to derail this thread because he's bored or something.  He doesn't believe half the stuff he posts.  
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited March 2021
    Options
    I knew a guy in college who was on a 100% paid golf scholarship.  He complained and said he deserved to be paid.  Meanwhile I worked 3 jobs to pay for school.  Given the choice of being on the golf course every day or stocking shelves at the grocery store, manning the grill at McDonald's, and painting houses in the summer time, I'd choose golf every time.  He shut up about it when I made this comparison.
    My point is about fair and just compensation.  If an industry is earning billions then don't those providing the product deserve fair compensation?

68 schools, 13 basketball scholorships per school is 884 scholorships.  Say $80k/scholorship value, that is $70million to the players for every school.  Imagine the NBA having a $1M salary cap?

@JohnInCarolina you may have a number of valid points.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    I am a baseball fan, I will leave the basketball thread alone now 😉
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options

• DainW
    DainW Posts: 159
    Options
    I played football at the university of Missouri on a full scholarship. At the risk of stoking the flames here, I agree with Ozzie. I feel for my man working 3 jobs to make it through school, but keep in mind that in season football is a 60+ hour a week commitment, longer on road trips, plus class. Off season is still a 40 hour a week commitment or more and it doesn’t stop. Can’t speak for someone playing golf, but I can tell you that 4 years of division 1 football was the most physically demanding experience of my life. Not saying that painting houses isn’t hard work, but summer conditioning wasn’t a lot of fun either 

When I was at Mizzou, from 2005-2009, we went from being 7-5 my freshman year to 12-2 my junior year. During that time, Mizzou experienced record attendance levels, so much so that they had to put incoming freshman in off campus apartments because there wasn’t enough student housing on campus to accommodate everyone. That’s not to say anything of ticket sales, tv contracts, and all the merch flying off the shelves at the time. Our head coach was on a multi-million dollar contract and the assistants were all making high 6 figure incomes. Meanwhile we were being paid an $850 a month room and board stipend. I had to take out some student loans just so I could having some spending cash. The coaches were all given loaner cars from the local dealership and always had the newest Nike gear. We were allowed to get like 1 workout t-shirt per semester or something  

The question is, who are all these fans coming to see? Is it the coaches or the players? Who is really generating the revenue here? I understand the argument that a college degree is expensive and thankfully I used my time to get a degree that would benefit me down the road, but when you look at who is really generating the revenue and who is actually getting paid, it’s a little ridiculous don’t you think?
  • Ike
    Ike Posts: 291
    Options
    In memory of Brent, since UK is giving a chance for other teams a chance this year, we have invited a few people (all vaccinated) over for the "Bristol On Dirt" race....baby backs, chicken, pork tenderloin medallions and sides.  Enjoy the tournament, we old-school race fans will have a good day!
    Owensboro, KY.  First Eggin' 4/12/08.  Large, small, 22" Blackstone and lotsa goodies.
  • bradleya123
    bradleya123 Posts: 466
    Options
    Duke is out so I plan to look up some recipes involving crow.  Or I might just do the pepper stout beef.  What about you?
    Why even hold the tournament if Duke's not in it?  Waste of time...HAHA
    Retired Navy, LBGE
    Pinehurst, NC

• Terpderpitude
    Options
    Chicken wang’s is my jam during the tourney.
  • Mustache_Vol
    Options
    Looking to smoke some pork for the first time and some wings. If all goes well, I’ll post photos. If not, I’ll likely delete this post. 

Vols will lose in the second round. 

Thanks for listening to my Ted talk. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Bump?
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    Options
    Given the tournament runs from 3/18 til the Championship on 4/5 there will be several cooks for me.  Likely none really worthy but given the duration I am sure there will be a few great ones (by others) posted here. I will serve a few for the record.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    Options
    Wings, ribs, shoulder...  Is it ok with y'all if I watch the tournament?
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I think that’s the point, isn’t it?  To smoke some meat and watch some basketball? Drink and be merry?
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,649
    Options
    It was chili tonight. In like a lamb out like a lion this year.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    Options
    I think that’s the point, isn’t it?  To smoke some meat and watch some basketball? Drink and be merry?
    Agree, John.  I was (too) vaguely referencing the "So We Can Have" thread.  Cross-threading?  Please pardon me after a full day of drinking.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • Buckwoody Egger
    Options
    Following the herd

This pic is landscape iPhone with vol buttons on bottom

• Buckwoody Egger
    Options
    Little bit of hickory last pic test. Also horiz with volume buttons on bottom

• Buckwoody Egger
    Options
    Oh hell this recipe is great. Gonna make a post 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    NOW how in the world did that first pic get uploaded???   =)

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Hope that's not a before and after, you deep state fiend!   :o=)