Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dow Jones 32k!

Hard to believe, right guys?

Me and my portfolio are ridin with Biden!

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    The president doesn't control the stock market.  Unless he prints a couple trillion dollars like Trump did with the tax cuts for the rich...

I bet @littlerascal56 is happy!
    Unfortunately/fortunately many portfolios (mine included) are now tech heavy due to that sectors incredible run.  They now makeup a larger share of many mutual funds and the S&P- that segment was officially in correction territory earlier in the week. 

But just a speed bump- I think there is plenty of runway in front of us. Many of the market segments I participate in are picking up steam, the one exception being the commercial aerospace segment. 

However, this semiconductor shortage and crazy raw material increases are two headwinds to watch. 

Looking at history, the stock market is usually agnostic to the white house (minus some short term blips). Companies will find ways to make money in most environments and markets just want stability and rising profits. 

Greensboro, NC
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314

South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    Thanks Obama!
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• nolaegghead
    Formula:

"Good stuff happens" - credit someone you like.
    "Bad stuff happens" - blame someone you don't.

Nuance is for people that read books.
    edited March 2021
    I do not want these crazy runs right now.  I am investing.  Bull markets now are bad for my future later.  (@pigbeanus , future and later are redundant.  I did that just for you)
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Cornholio
    Cornholio Posts: 1,047
    The Dow is not the index I’d put my focus on. It works for the local news networks though.  :|
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    The stock market is useless.  Cryptocurrency is where it is at.  I have a few hard drives around here that once I use the "forgot my password" link, I can retire a wealthy man.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • PigBeanUs
    PigBeanUs Posts: 932
    Thanks for the tip, Ozzie. Very helpful. 
  • nolaegghead
    Whew!  Glad we had Trump.  The rest of the world probably won't get vaccines for like 5 years!
    edited March 2021
    Trump does nothing, takes credit for everything

I for one believe him. It was a Democrat hoax. Even though it’s also real, because the chinese invented it. 

Thankfully one day it is going to disappear. And only the weak die from it. Although he was *also* superhuman to recover from it so fast. 

Even though he didn’t use hydroxychloroquine. Which is a miracle cure. And everyone should use it (except him). Because he got the Regeneron cocktail. Which no one needs to know about because it costs a couple hundred thousand dollars. And it’s made using stem cells which no true republican would ever condone. 

That said. Despite it being a fake virus which is no worse than the flu, and totally treatable, I’ll still get the Trump vaccine he declined to order enough of, or help the states distribute in any way. 
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    kl8ton said:
    The stock market is useless.  Cryptocurrency is where it is at.  I have a few hard drives around here that once I use the "forgot my password" link, I can retire a wealthy man.
    Where exactly is 'around here'?
  • Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,510
    PigBeanUs said:

I for one believe him. It was a Democrat hoax. Even though it’s also real, because the chinese invented it. 

Thankfully one day it is going to disappear. And only the weak die from it. Although he was *also* superhuman to recover from it so fast. 

Even though he didn’t use hydroxychloroquine. Which is a miracle cure. And everyone should use it (except him). Because he got the Regeneron cocktail. Which no one needs to know about because it costs a couple hundred thousand dollars. And it’s made using stem cells which no true republican would ever condone. 

That said. Despite it being a fake virus which is no worse than the flu, and totally treatable, I’ll still get the Trump vaccine he declined to order enough of, or help the states distribute in any way. 
    I'm sorry ... Trump does NOTHING??????  WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!

I have had some of the best entertainment I can recall from any president ... no one compares to him in that camp!
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,665
    ....but, obama killed christmas, trump killed isis, and biden killed mr potato head =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,867
    These threads were pretty silly back when Trump was President.  My view of them hasn't changed.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,523
    investor confidence is a fickle thing..
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,943
    PigBeanUs said:

You might want to proof read your posts.  There are a number of plot holes and inconsistencies in the above soliloquy.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • PigBeanUs
    PigBeanUs Posts: 932
    edited March 2021
    Thanks mom

i’ll boil it down, since you have a hard time with these things for some reason. 

Trump takes credit for everything, responsibility for nothing. And his followers are cultists who are generally incapable of objective thought. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,943
    edited March 2021
    PigBeanUs said:
    Thanks, mom
    Fixed it for you.

I understood your point and was attempting to add to the joke.

Even the comment about "proof reading" a "soliloquy" was a joke.  In retrospect, it may have been too high-brow.
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    edited March 2021
    FYI - if you want to cosplay Bobby Axlerod or Warren Buffet, Fidelity now has a Windows & Mac client called "Active Trader Pro" that's way, way cooler than using the website.  

https://www.fidelity.com/trading/advanced-trading-tools/active-trader-pro/overview

South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • tomtnc
    tomtnc Posts: 24
    The president doesn't control the stock market.  Unless he prints a couple trillion dollars like Trump did with the tax cuts for the rich...

@nolaegghead this may help you how understand how the tax system really works and yes the rich do benefit more,but...... https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HSQ-suEclKI
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,523
    SonVolt said:
    FYI - if you want to cosplay Bobby Axlerod or Warren Buffet, Fidelity now has a Windows & Mac client called "Active Trader Pro" that's way, way cooler than using the website.  

https://www.fidelity.com/trading/advanced-trading-tools/active-trader-pro/overview

or just get a Bloomberg terminal  ;)
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• DainW
    DainW Posts: 159
    Whew!  Glad we had Trump.  The rest of the world probably won't get vaccines for like 5 years!
    Is it just me, or are these “official statements” starting to look more and more like tweets? 
  • JohnInCarolina
    DainW said:
    Is it just me, or are these “official statements” starting to look more and more like tweets? 
    He is such a needy person, with some casual racism mixed in.  Heckofa guy. 

The good news is that now that he's been removed from Twitter, this sort of thing isn't even making a dent in the daily news.   I don't miss it.
  • JohnInCarolina
    tomtnc said:

@nolaegghead this may help you how understand how the tax system really works and yes the rich do benefit more,but...... https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HSQ-suEclKI
    This tax system as beer anecdote has been circulating for years, and it's just fundamentally flawed on several levels.  

The greatest scam that has been pulled on Americans is to convince them that, since anyone can become rich in America, we shouldn't raise taxes on the wealthy, because once you become wealthy yourself you won't want to pay more.  The sad thing is how many people keep falling for it. 
  • nolaegghead
    I quit drinking 7 months ago, trying to avoid beer analogies if possible, sorry.
    I quit drinking 7 months ago, trying to avoid beer analogies if possible, sorry.
    Way to make this about you. Narcissist.
  • nolaegghead
    Way to make this about you. Narcissist.
    Right, I don't want to be that guy. 

So I watched it.  Couldn't take more than a few minutes of it before I started fast forwarding.  And it did help explain why people are so uninformed/misinformed about public policy. 

...(skipped to the end) something like "go to europe where the people are friendlier" (inferring beers are cheaper/taxes more "fair").  ummmm ok.

Didn't fall off the wagon, thankfully.

tomtnc said:

This tax system as beer anecdote has been circulating for years, and it's just fundamentally flawed on several levels.  

The greatest scam that has been pulled on Americans is to convince them that, since anyone can become rich in America, we shouldn't raise taxes on the wealthy, because once you become wealthy yourself you won't want to pay more.  The sad thing is how many people keep falling for 
  • tomtnc
    tomtnc Posts: 24
    Yes , it has been around for years, but still prevalent today. I admire your academia accomplishments and achievements, and waiting to see why that simple explanation is  “flawed”  in your terms. Call it a scam?  God Bless the rich because I get to pay less and so do they!!