Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,646
    Just made around 65 oatmeal, chocolate pecan cookies.
    I need to send you my address.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,739
    Some pics from my weekend.
    Thought I posted this last night, guess didn't hit the button.

i remember having all that room in my work shop, it packs in fast
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,322
    Watching the emails pile up while I take care of my little ones, who are at home with pending COVID results. I anticipate they’re fine, but a sudden onset of illness yesterday morning has really turned this week sideways. 
    Tough news right there but here's to a successful outcome.  Nothing worse than having a sick child.  Stay positive.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Watching the emails pile up while I take care of my little ones, who are at home with pending COVID results. I anticipate they’re fine, but a sudden onset of illness yesterday morning has really turned this week sideways. 
    Hoping for great news. 
    Thanks a lot! Pretty sure it’s all good, but of course the presentation of one symptom in my 20-mo son triggered cancellation of his daycare, a Covid test and his 6-yo sister having to stay home from school until we get the all-clear. Interesting times to navigate! Thanks again for the well-wishes. 
  • lousubcap said:
    Watching the emails pile up while I take care of my little ones, who are at home with pending COVID results. I anticipate they’re fine, but a sudden onset of illness yesterday morning has really turned this week sideways. 
    Tough news right there but here's to a successful outcome.  Nothing worse than having a sick child.  Stay positive.  
    Actually, we were hoping for a “negative.” 😉

Thanks Frank!

Edit: Also, we lead lucky lives. Good friends of ours just received a sudden leukaemia diagnosis for their 3-yo son. Can’t imagine. This on the heels of another leukaemia diagnosis for my friend’s older brother (same family) one year back. Good reminder to appreciate all you have. 

So much truth to your last statement. Some folks we grew up around just lost their daughter  and the dad in the same weekend from almost unbelievable circumstances.  Folks we hadn’t seen in over a decade, but it’s just hard to wrap your head around. Hold em tight.

hoping for a negative test for you and quick recovery.  We’ve done this dance once already this year and won’t be surprised to happen again.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,607
    Between this, the cookies, all of it, I think you could strap a go pro on your head and make a mint online just streaming “what I’m doing right now”
  • Legume said:
    Between this, the cookies, all of it, I think you could strap a go pro on your head and make a mint online just streaming “what I’m doing right now”
    Also, “what I’m buying right now.” @nolaegghead sure racks up a lot of cool toys!
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,418
    Picking a fight with the city’s planning and zoning director.....
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Also, “what I’m buying right now.” @nolaegghead sure racks up a lot of cool toys!
    When he gets old and has to downsize.....I would hate to be in his shoes. He is having fun though.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,739
    When he gets old and has to downsize.....I would hate to be in his shoes. He is having fun though.

i see room for a bed under the boat and theres more room in the parking area for storage containers
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • lousubcap
    That's the key- don't go the downsize route.  Turn it into someone else's challenge.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    ColbyLang said:
    Ugh. Good luck, been there done that. No fun no matter circumstances 
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • lousubcap
    Negative. Now back to routine tomorrow.
    Great news right there!  The exhale must have been quite enjoyable.  
  • ColbyLang
    Awesome news! Such a relief as a parent. 
  • ColbyLang
    TTC said:
    ColbyLang said:
    Ugh. Good luck, been there done that. No fun no matter circumstances 
    Yeah. Probably won’t win anything, but she made a ruling without discretionary ruling from the committee or public opinion regarding short term rentals in residential zoning. Our development code restricts spot zoning, which is in fact what she did 
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,507
    Glad to hear. Now, stay negative covid-wise, positive otherwise  ;)
    canuckland
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Finalizing budget statements for the next two fiscal years.  Will send to the appropriate people and make myself an old fashioned.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,354
    Work schedule got switched. Instead of the lucky shift of days weekends off, I am now on days, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday off. It was fun while it lasted. Now just grilling some steak. 

Las Vegas, NV

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,830
    Doing some cipherin' about making some sausage this weekend.  More to follow.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Borrowing @nolaegghead trailer.  Lol 

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Borrowing @nolaegghead trailer.  Lol 

Wow...almost identical except for the hitch bar.

@nolaegghead - It’s an Aluma.  I bought it to haul my motorcycle to the mountain back when I had a bike.  I think it weighs about 375lbs empty. The weight was the main reason I bought it so I could stand it up against the garage wall and ratchet strap it in place.  Didn’t take up much room that way and I have 15’ ceilings in the garage.  

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Yno said:
    DuckDogDr said:

We went to Florida and dove with the manatees

Color is off ..as had the red filter on..and weren't deep enough to need and I can't make the edits on the go-pro as seamless as the gf can with her true underwater camera.....cow and calf sleeping ..

Something going on here?

Hey @DuckDogDr, no swimming in my brine!!