Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

WTF is going on in TX??

Options

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Not too shabby, Fog!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • caliking
    Options
    Water is back on. No leaks... yet. 

One casualty was the sprinkler line. Had to shut the water off 2 days ago, as there was no other way to stop it from gushing. City water supply was down soon after that, anyways. Seems like my fix is holding, but we’ll see. 

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,528
    Options
    PigBeanUs said:
    Wow, I’m exhausted just looking at them, were you trying to empty the freezer because you lost power?😂 Nice hack with the popper rack!
    Pro tip:

if you lose power due to a winter storm, your groceries will be fine out side in the cold. 

Lol, pardon the senior moment brain fart,  we've been using our enclosed unheated front porch for chilling and storing food for years  :)

canuckland
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,660
    Options
    Those ribeyes look awesome @Foghorn

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,115
    Options
    Just took the dogs for a walk by the park... and something with the pool didnt look right.

Rut Roh

XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Rectec RT-B380, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • PigBeanUs
    Options
    PigBeanUs said:
    Wow, I’m exhausted just looking at them, were you trying to empty the freezer because you lost power?😂 Nice hack with the popper rack!
    Pro tip:

if you lose power due to a winter storm, your groceries will be fine out side in the cold. 

Lol, pardon the senior moment brain fart,  we've been using our enclosed unheated front porch for chilling and storing food for years  :)

Have had a ham out on the porch here since christmas. Hahah
  • WesJohnson
    WesJohnson Posts: 130
    edited February 2021
    Options
    It's AOC's fault, right?!
    No. The populist cvnt's too busy playing on her phone tweeting the kid's that their student debt should be erased (stolen from lenders).
    I used to be able to name every nut that there was. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    Options
    No. The populist cvnt's too busy playing on her phone tweeting the kid's that their student debt should be erased (stolen from lenders).
    You spelled "can't" wrong and you missed a comma.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • WesJohnson
    Options
    Your wife's a can't. 
    I used to be able to name every nut that there was. 
  • caliking
    Options
    Your wife's a can't. 
    Take it somewhere else.  Create another thread, and shite all over that one. 

• mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    Options

Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    She helped raise more than $1M of relief money for Texas tonight, actually.

Piss off.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    edited February 2021
    Options
    caliking said:
    Water is back on. No leaks... yet. 

One casualty was the sprinkler line. Had to shut the water off 2 days ago, as there was no other way to stop it from gushing. City water supply was down soon after that, anyways. Seems like my fix is holding, but we’ll see. 

Is all of that 3/4” and 1/2” , or 1” and 3/4”?
    If it is I know a guy who has a friend who knows a guy that has the parts to fix you up.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    3/4 and 1/2.  
    Just a test to see if this was sunk.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    Thanks @shtgunal3 and caliking.  Those ribeyes tasted great by candle-light in the absence of power.  

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• caliking
    Options
    Photo Egg said:

Is all of that 3/4” and 1/2” , or 1” and 3/4”?
    If it is I know a guy who has a friend who knows a guy that has the parts to fix you up.
    Very much appreciated, sir. The main line is 1".  But, I have a 2 joint/fit limit when playing with PVC, otherwise it  results in the kind of swearing and expletives that caliprince shouldn't be hearing at his age. That cap seems to be holding, so I'm going to leave it the heck alone for now.  

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    caliking said:
    Cheddar + thyme cream scones. 

Somewhat easier than biscuits, and just as good, if not better. 
    Easy now Tex. I think the cold may be affecting your cognition. Warm up a bit before you make rash statements. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    caliking said:

These were really good. Somewhat easier than biscuits, and just as good, if not better. 
    We haven't met, but don't be surprised if I show up on your doorstep the next time I am in Houston.  Sheesh, they look tasty, but I would have to say that scones are not better than biscuits.  Same thing goes for @Sc@SciAggie, I might just show up as his place since he is a lot closer.  lol
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    caliking said:

These were really good. Somewhat easier than biscuits, and just as good, if not better. 
    On occasion I make the mistake of seeing one of your posts right before my lunch.  This was one of those days.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    caliking said:

On occasion I make the mistake of seeing one of your posts right before my lunch.  This was one of those days.
    Same here.  Really takes away from my ramen.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • caliking
    Options
    caliking said:

Consider it payback =)

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    @Botch- thanks for that.  A good read.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @Botch- thanks for that.  A good read.  
    Evening topic?  Utility regulation and free markets.