Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Doing Right Now? (non OT version)

Options
1737475767779»

Comments

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @Gulfcoastguy I wore out my Boston 8-track. There's some great music in that box. I had most of them.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Kayak
    Kayak Posts: 700
    Options
    I was checking the squirrel trap in my Dad’s attic. Found these mementos of my college days. Anyone who recognizes them qualifies for the AARP.

$10 for the ELO tape. $5 if it has squirrel sh!t on it.

Oh, and I'll take the player off your hands for free. The last one I saw went with my brother's '72 buick.

Bob

New Cumberland, PA
    XL with the usual accessories

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,749
    Options
    I was checking the squirrel trap in my Dad’s attic. Found these mementos of my college days. Anyone who recognizes them qualifies for the AARP.

no geils, ramones, judas, dead kennedys, rush, floyd, aerosmith......get my senior discount at dunkins though
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Watching Hammering Hank Aaron’s funeral. What a human being. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,296
    Options
    Kayak said:

$10 for the ELO tape. $5 if it has squirrel sh!t on it.

Oh, and I'll take the player off your hands for free. The last one I saw went with my brother's '72 buick.
    I don’t even have a player anymore, went all iPod and iTunes starting in 2004. I will go online and recover some of the tunes.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options

no geils, ramones, judas, dead kennedys, rush, floyd, aerosmith......get my senior discount at dunkins though
    I actually got into Rush after I graduated but that would have been cassettes or cds. I had a fair collection of cds and don’t have a player for them either. 
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options

I actually got into Rush after I graduated but that would have been cassettes or cds. I had a fair collection of cds and don’t have a player for them either. 
    I wasn’t one of the rich kids at college to put it mildly. I bought the car radio from a college buddy who was updating his Caddy to a cassette/ am fm radio. Most of the had labeled 8 tracks and the box were thrown in on the deal. The VW Super Beetle was rearended by an uninsured driver in 1985 . At that point I upgraded to a car with a cassette player, it was my first car with AC.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,749
    Options

im down to an alexa, im done throwing broken cassettes out the window
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options

I wasn’t one of the rich kids at college to put it mildly. I bought the car radio from a college buddy who was updating his Caddy to a cassette/ am fm radio. Most of the had labeled 8 tracks and the box were thrown in on the deal. The VW Super Beetle was rearended by an uninsured driver in 1985 . At that point I upgraded to a car with a cassette player, it was my first car with AC.

I guess that was before 2001 when Mississippi was one of the last holdouts on requiring liability insurance.   Not that it still isn't a problem.
    Options
    Watching Hammering Hank Aaron’s funeral. What a human being. 
    Don’t you still technically have a job to do? 
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    If anyone was curious about how old threads age, this one is one of the last existing with @rubmyrock who was a complete tool and eventually got banned. 

Options
    Looking for a 3500-4000kW generator. 
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,338
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    Looking for a 3500-4000kW generator. 

Harbor Freight's Honda knock off Predator is great. ~$800 I believe
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Gulfcoastguy
    Options

I guess that was before 2001 when Mississippi was one of the last holdouts on requiring liability insurance.   Not that it still isn't a problem.
    I have the year in my next to last sentence. Btw when did Louisiana adopt the age21 for alcohol purchases?
  • nolaegghead
    Options

I have the year in my next to last sentence. Btw when did Louisiana adopt the age21 for alcohol purchases?
    I know.  Just by virtue of you in school but now retired, 2001 would be a pretty young retirement.  Just making a point about MS. 

I moved to LA when I was 26.  Dunno.

Options

I know.  Just by virtue of you in school but now retired, 2001 would be a pretty young retirement.  Just making a point about MS. 

I moved to LA when I was 26.  Dunno.
    Serve returned.