Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pandemic Hairstyles

Comments

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    I got my set of clippers 10-15 years ago, hadn't used them since then.  glad i still have them.  @northgacock don't worry, i completely agree, no sharp objects below the belt.
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    blind99 said:
    I got my set of clippers 10-15 years ago, hadn't used them since then.  glad i still have them.  @northgacock don't worry, i completely agree, no sharp objects below the belt.
    Yeah.....never know what stupid thing you have said or done that might create a window of opportunity for getting even. Sometimes the lady folk hold on to things for just the right opportunity. I think not giving opportunity is just a sound plan.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • scdaf
    scdaf Posts: 176
    Been using a Flowbee for about 30 years.  Have not paid for a haircut since around 1990.  Am on my second one.
    As a bonus, since it is attached to a vacuum, zero hair ends up down my neck and inside my shirt.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    buzd504 said:
    Indiana’s governor hasn’t been drunk on power or insane,  so I only missed one haircut back in the spring. 

None of those are mutually exclusive.  You can be drunk on power, insane, and not protect your citizens.  I'm looking at you, Florida  America.
    FTFY

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • caliking
    Haven't had a haircut in 12 months. Because... cooties. 

Used to get it cut every 1-2 months. In college, for some weird reason, I wanted a ponytail 'do like Mel Gibson's in Lethal Weapon 3. Can't remember why, but I got my wish. Sort of. I plaster it all down for work, but tie it in a ponytail at home.

I've cut caliprince's hair a few times, with a beard trimmer type of thing. I think it was haircut #2, when he figured out that I didn't quite know what I was doing (forgot to put the guard on, and buzzed a stripe straight up the back of his head).

• GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,183
    edited January 2021
    My 6yo daughter has had only two haircuts now within her lifetime - the last of which was in the lull between the first and second wave. Takes a laborious daily combing (involving screaming; not only me) though the ringlets and leave-in conditioner routine just to keep it in the slightest bit manageable. She certainly doesn’t get it from me - her follically-challenged father. Mama’s got similar (though dark brown), beautiful, curly locks for days. On the downside, the shower drain needs a weekly unclogging. 

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    That is why our next dog will be a poodle hybrid.
    Just a tangent here on hybrids. 

According to Prof Yuval Noah Harari, in 'Sapiens, a Brief History of Humankind, natural evolution will be insignificant in the future relative to humans controlling their own evolution (and some animals and plants) through science.

According to Prof Yuval Noah Harari, in 'Sapiens, a Brief History of Humankind, natural evolution will be insignificant in the future relative to humans controlling their own evolution (and some animals and plants) through science.
    I enjoyed his books. They served me while while travelling to and from/on vacation in Costa Rica. 
  • @GrateEggspectations get a DrainWig from Amazon.
    Thanks. I had a quick look and the design doesn’t look half bad. Will need to examination further. I had actually previously purchased the Tub Shroom and things did not go well. About a month in, it got sucked down deep into the piping (design flaw), where it created a massive blockage. Tried snakes and coat hangers to no avail. After mulling over the prospect of getting a plumber in over the course of several days, I was ultimately able to clear it with a great deal of spirited plunging. Who knows, it may still be sitting in the pipes of my former house, albeit in an orientation permitting some water to pass through. 
  • xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,110
    I went 10.5 months, went from a #2 clipper setting to a ponytail. Knew it needed another 6 months before it would be right and frankly the patience was gone.
    XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    @GrateEggspectations get a DrainWig from Amazon.
    Thanks. I had a quick look and the design doesn’t look half bad. Will need to examination further. I had actually previously purchased the Tub Shroom and things did not go well. About a month in, it got sucked down deep into the piping (design flaw), where it created a massive blockage. Tried snakes and coat hangers to no avail. After mulling over the prospect of getting a plumber in over the course of several days, I was ultimately able to clear it with a great deal of spirited plunging. Who knows, it may still be sitting in the pipes of my former house, albeit in an orientation permitting some water to pass through. 
    I'm the original Macgyver (mostly because I'm cheap AF) and I've learned some plumbing tricks through the years.  Situations where something big goes in the pipes...you know there was enough room for it to go down, so there's inherently enough room for it to come out the way it went in.  I would advise against trying to push it in deeper in hopes it exits your plumbing (although if you got lucky you could pull it out of a trap). 

That said, one trick is to suck it out with a wet vac.  To do this you will need to plug any vents between the drain it went in and wherever it is in the pipes.  A wet towel/rag will plug up the sink/tub vent.  If you think it went past a vertical roof vent you will have to rig something up there (never had to do it).   Run the water so you can get some water around the object, then hit it with a wet vac, bigger the better.

I've used this technique successfully many times.

xfire_ATX said:
    I went 10.5 months, went from a #2 clipper setting to a ponytail. Knew it needed another 6 months before it would be right and frankly the patience was gone.
    Here was my hair the day before I cut it and then again after the cut- back to normal.

XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    @xfire_ATX looks good either way!  personally i want to see @caliking rock a man bun.  

my hair currently looks like it got cut with a weedwacker.  last clipper cut was.... a little off.  i might go back to a real barber.
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Hair, haven’t had that in a while. ‘Specially on top!
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • womaus
    womaus Posts: 256
    My wife has been a cutter for over 40 years now...she does mine once or twice a year. 
    Pandemic didn't change that routine.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    I have all the style points 

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• caliking
    ColtsFan said:

Is that your thumb? 😁

• caliking
    blind99 said:
    @xfire_ATX looks good either way!  personally i want to see @caliking rock a man bun.  

my hair currently looks like it got cut with a weedwacker.  last clipper cut was.... a little off.  i might go back to a real barber.
    I don’t get out much, so need to research this “man bun” you speak of. 

Currently, I can rock a single occipital ponytail, bilateral parietal ponytails, and the grand slam of the aforementioned + 1 on top. 

caliqueen said I looked like coronavirus with my spike proteins showing. 

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    caliking said:
    blind99 said:

Currently, I can rock a single occipital ponytail, bilateral parietal ponytails, and the grand slam of the aforementioned + 1 on top. 

Pics or it didn't happen.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,894
    Foghorn said:
    caliking said:
    blind99 said:

Pics or it didn't happen.
    No pics please! They might go viral.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • womaus
    womaus Posts: 256
    caliking said:
    ColtsFan said:

Is that your thumb? 😁
    I'm hoping that's his thumb. Otherwise that's probably a macro lens on a high end camera.

Just saying'.....
  • HogFather
    HogFather Posts: 259
    I can post pics of bald appendages too...
    Fighting off the trolls 1 by 1
    Large Egg

Pig, KY 
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,458
    edited January 2021
    @GrateEggspectations your 6 yo's hair is beautiful, but can she cook better than chef @nolaegghead;)
    canuckland
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    ColtsFan said:

Must be a b!tch packing all those hair products when traveling.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    That Indiana humidity sucks when it comes to controlling my locks.
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!